DHS Soundstage 1 Renovation - Toy Storia Mania expansion

HolleBolleGijs

Also, I'm curious if the long rumored transformation of HISTK to a Bug's life theme will finally happen.

I would be thrilled if that happened. When I was little I thought it was Bug's Life themed anyway. That and up are my two favorite Pixar movies, and they need some more love here.

Mike S

Since John Lasseter just paid DHS a visit, I'm thinking they are going to be adding a few rides stretching out to Catastrophe Canyon that would bring Pixar Place together on this side of the park:

Monsters Inc

Ratatouille

Cars Land

Ride and Go Seek reminds me of MIB but it would need bigger vehicles if it was added to DHS or else it would have the same capacity issues as Toy Story.

Edit to add: don't expect more than one big ride for Pixar Place, you will most likely be setting yourself up for major disappointment. Remember that we're also getting Star Wars expansion and they'll need money for rides there too.

Last edited:

Mawg

Wow @Lee are we talking complete park changers here for the studios? I know there had been rumblings of another area closing soon too. Would free some space for expansion of another popular franchise.

Do you think they would do both projects (areas) at the same time? I'm thinking they are going to do the "cheaper" one first and then the other.

misterID

No but funny how everyone suddenly sounds like me isn't it? ;)

Heh. :cat:
No.

This isn't new info. It was mentioned for years as plans/proposals from the same people you needlessly tried to discredit at every turn until it serves your purpose through your years of being wrong, continuously and humerously. I can say it's going to rain. Three weeks later it rains. It doesn't make me a weather man.

DinoInstitute

Do you think they would do both projects (areas) at the same time? I'm thinking they are going to do the "cheaper" one first and then the other.
That would only make sense, because while construction is going on they are going to need something to eat the crowds. That is also the reason why I think that this project won't be as big as it is being made out to be by some, but who knows. We have also gotten some pretty promising reports.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Simply the WDW business cycle at work. Somewhat delayed by the prolonged recession and Shanghai project.

Infrastructure is largely repaired so now they seem to be turning to the on-stage aspects of WDW.

Exactly as it has always happened and always will.

It does not hurt that Pixar, Marvel and Lucasfilm are franchises that print money.

Iger is brilliant. I even read an article that he could run BH someday.

You always say that the insiders are spreading dis-information, so we have to conclude that since the insiders are saying Disney is going to start spending money, and DHS is going to be getting some new attractions that none of this is actually true.

WDW1974

I don't think it will get that far.
Disney is in a spending mood. Seriously.

Disney has been in a spending mood for years, hillbilly.

they've spent far more than those UNI newbs ... But it is all about what turns you on ... Real state of the art immersive attractions or apps and upcharge events and cosplay BS.

And I don't see most WDW fanbois cruising on DCL or visiting parks that require international flights.

I just resent getting the volume of mail coming in asking me all sorts of questions about what WDW may eventually build because fans are desperate for anything at this point.

WDW1974

He has broken more news than anyone in the community in the last 5 years. However, it also sounds like he has bad info on Toy Story.

Tim, I know you like the dude and all, but that simply isn't the case. Breaking stories that he borrows from other places and being good at self promotion doesn't make him anyone worth listening to.

He has largely been irrelevant in the fan community for over a decade. He had plenty of chances to be a 'really for real' go-to source in the community and he isn't that.

WDW1974

Only up to page seven and apologies if it's been mentioned but...how lame is the DCA monsters inc ride mike and sulley to the rescue compared to ride and go seek at Tokyo disneyland? I just watched both ride videos and while I get that the DCA ride is an overlay/replacement the difference of quality between the two is astonishly awful. If you have ten minutes I suggest googling the Tokyo disney monsters inc ride video and watching that first then go watch the DCA ride and see for yourself, the animatronics are awful and the ride is just boring in comparison to the Tokyo ride. I know they are not the same ride but more pointing out the use of the IP for something awesome versus something mundane.

Two totally different attractions put together for two different companies with vastly different budgets and reasons for being.

TDL has an E-Ticket unique experience because that was what OLC wanted/demanded.
DCA has a C-Ticket that repurposed, successfully, one of the most bizarre attractions Disney ever built.

there is no comparison but there also shouldn't be ...

WDW1974

Let me pour some fresh wishful thinking on this in a way only I can do. Could it be that George K. has been secretly working on new attractions for WDW since becoming president? If this theory holds true, that means there are at least six new attractions on the verge of being announced that are in the pipeline being worked on by WDI. We know one of these is the Frozen ride coming to Norway. The SS1 project could be the Monsters, Inc. Coaster, revived from the dead because TDA wants one in DCA (or it could be something else). Another could be the Soaring update. That leaves 3 others unidentified.

There's lot that can be dissected here, Pete. But George hasn't been working on much beyond NGE. That is why he was brought home to O-Town. That was his mandate. His role isn't one where he plans attractions, but deals with operations issues and the finances of the entire resort as well as being the figure head to the community.

And if Mr. Alien Kitty Claws is correct about the track for TSM being expanded, I don't see how the Monsters coaster could possibly be coming.

WDW1974

Not just George mind you. New attractions would be signed off by Bob.

George would pretty much have no say at all. He could suggest things or discuss why some ideas might work operationally better than others, but that's it.

This stuff is getting decided beyond the retail level of the company. And while Georgie has an impressive title, he's still retail all the way.

SirLink

Each park should be able to appeal to anyone in their own individual way. A place where the parents and kids could have fun together.

Disagree 100% that is where all the problems with TWDC started. That thinking is why we got a no substance expansion in the MK, why we are getting Frozen crap stuffed into Maelstrom, why we are getting stuff based on animated trite rather than new exclusive park first IP.

Each park either has to have a demographic they are hitting or aim it at adults first approach.

Mike S

Disagree 100% that is where all the problems with TWDC started. That thinking is why we got a no substance expansion in the MK, why we are getting Frozen crap stuffed into Maelstrom, why we are getting stuff based on animated trite rather than new exclusive park first IP.

Each park either has to have a demographic they are hitting or aim it at adults first approach.
Each park should be able to appeal to anyone in their own individual way. A place where the parents and kids could have fun together.
What I meant by this was that each park would have its own clear identity. This does not mean each park has to set itself to a certain demographic.

PhotoDave219

George would pretty much have no say at all. He could suggest things or discuss why some ideas might work operationally better than others, but that's it.

This stuff is getting decided beyond the retail level of the company. And while Georgie has an impressive title, he's still retail all the way.

All his job would be is to ensure profits continue to come in.

Which I think is pretty reprehensible, you put a man in charge of a themepark resort and you give him no control.

Mawg

I disagree with this. Each park needs to be able to appeal to all demographics, the whole family to be a success. And, this line of thinking is not why we are getting Frozen crap in Norway. We are getting frozen crap in Norway because it is the cheapest place to put it. World Showcase does not have to be just for adults and shouldn't be but it does have to represent real locations/countries and stick to its theme of World Showcase and not Fictional Land Showcase.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom