DHS Soundstage 1 Renovation - Toy Storia Mania expansion

HolleBolleGijs

Don't think you'll ever see Luxo again. Disney (Pixar) was sued by Luxo back in 2006 over a toy Luxo lamp that Disney was marketing. The case was settled in 2009 and the settlement was private (will not be revealed to the public). It's pretty clear that part of that settlement most likely included removing that Luxo lamp from DHS: http://tmazzer1.wordpress.com/2014/02/21/ethicallegal-issues-luxo-as-v-walt-disney/

Interesting that they can still sell pins with Luxo on them. Unless they technically aren't allowed to but they're doing it anyway.

DocMcHulk

Attachments

• Carsland_DHS_overlay_2.jpg
    Carsland_DHS_overlay_2.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 166

SirLink

Just throwing this out there, The Lion King has had a presence in Epcot since 1995, albeit a small one. I've never heard anyone say a word against that.

So ... still was a terrible mistake to put Toons in Epcot. Let us have Epcot be the 18+, DHS be the 13+, MK be 7+ and DAK be for 3+.

CentralFLlife

Yeah, I thought "Project 6" may have just been an anomaly, but now that we have 3, I am starting to wonder if there is a 1,2,4 and 5 planned.
The reason we have a Seal Team 6 is just because we wanted the soviets to see Team 6 in addition to Team 1 and Team 2 that they already knew about. That way they would think that there are 4 more Seal Teams they had no clue existed.

There could only be 2 projects for all we know

HolleBolleGijs

How so? Whether you went on and off Soarin' or in and out of Kitchen Kaberet, wouldn't the "flow" be the same?

Because it's so popular. From what I recall hearing from my tour guide, the pavilion was designed to have a flow to the right, so that everyone would walk by whatever attraction was there at the time first. But when Soarin' opened, people makes a bee-line for that, so people might not even see that Circle of Life exists.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Because it's so popular. From what I recall hearing from my tour guide, the pavilion was designed to have a flow to the right, so that everyone would walk by whatever attraction was there at the time first. But when Soarin' opened, people makes a bee-line for that, so people might not even see that Circle of Life exists.
True, but the intended flow never materialized, even before Soarin'.

I don't mind Timon and Pumbaa in Circle of Life because they are basically narrators for the completely Epcot-appropriate content. Same reason I wouldn't mind Schoolhouse Rocks "I'm Just a Bill" making at appearance at the American Adventure and why I don't mind Mr. Ray in Living Seas -- he's a teacher, so he fits the edutainment side of Epcot.

doctornick

Backlot and LMA overlayed by all of DCA's Carsland.

And if you take out RSR, you can basically fit the rest of DCA's Cars Land into the LMA plot (maybe using Catastrophe Canyon).

It might be sensible to build some stuff quickly on the BLT plot (like a version of Toy Story Playland/Bug's Land and/or some dark rides) for capacity, then close LMA and build a version of Cars Land there, probably with a smaller scale ride replacing RSR.

doctornick

True, but the intended flow never materialized, even before Soarin'.

I don't mind Timon and Pumbaa in Circle of Life because they are basically narrators for the completely Epcot-appropriate content. Same reason I wouldn't mind Schoolhouse Rocks "I'm Just a Bill" making at appearance at the American Adventure and why I don't mind Mr. Ray in Living Seas -- he's a teacher, so he fits the edutainment side of Epcot.

Agreed. I actually think the addition of Nemo characters to the Living Seas was reasonable; it's the execution that was a problem. Having Mr Ray be our tour guide as we explore the wonders of the ocean (with maybe Nemo providing the wide eyed wonderment/inquisitiveness of a child much like original Figment) would have actually be a nice upgrade.

doctornick

I've said before but if they do a Toy Story Playland type of place, I'd like to see different franchises represented and not just Woody and company. I know that mismashes themes, but I think it would be more interesting.

Also, I'm curious if the long rumored transformation of HISTK to a Bug's life theme will finally happen.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom