DHS Soundstage 1 Renovation - Toy Storia Mania expansion

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
I would guess some pre-existing clones, nothing original.

I love that there's another Incredibles film in the works though.
There are some darn good clones that would fit, although not the Star Wars themes that we also think/hope are coming. Consider the possibilities for Pixar and movie related clones. Not saying of this will happen or that I have any inside information -- I don't.

Monsters inc ride and go seek from Tokyo -- great dark ride, although similar to TSMM in some ways.
Toy Story Playland fromDisney Studios Paris -- rides are nothing special, but the theming is great and it gives kids something to do, which is lacking at DHS. Could incorporate the HISTK playground too.
Fliks Fun Fair from DCA -- less fun an Toy Story Playland, but same concept.
Maters Junkyard Jamboree from DCA, along with Flo's V-8 Cafe and something Cars-related taking over Cat Canyon.
cinemagique from WDSP taking over Superstar Theater or Sounds Dangerous. This is a great attraction -- it'd require some work to fit in, but could be done.
animagique fromWDSP taking over any of the empty theaters or replacing VotLM, since it uses black light puppetry as well -- this is a great show, sort of a live-action puppetry version of Philharmagic.

tcool

cinemagique from WDSP taking over Superstar Theater or Sounds Dangerous. This is a great attraction -- it'd require some work to fit in, but could be done.
animagique fromWDSP taking over any of the empty theaters or replacing VotLM, since it uses black light puppetry as well -- this is a great show, sort of a live-action puppetry version of Philharmagic.
I sort of hope for something along the lines of the Golden Mickeys or Villains Live! to replace VOTLM, BATB Live!, or some other empty theater. Actually I feel like the Golden Mickeys would be the best choice as it sort of can give a studio-y type vibe, but I feel the Villains Live! is the better show.

BrerJon

If this company is also working on the restaurants at DTD how long are those permits for? Does it usually take this company 2 years to build a restaurant? If not then we can probably assume it's not a restaurant.

Oh can you imagine if it's just a restaurant. "Our guest surveys have told us they would welcome more shopping and dining options at Hollywood Studios".

Seabasealpha1

I agree with moving Laugh Floor and autopia, but not Sugar Rush. Theme it to Cars. Such a great plot of land it would free up at MK =)
Maybe, but then if they do that, we'll all be griping about how they cheaped out in Florida when they clearly built a superior attraction at Anaheim...

There's enough honest gripe fuel elsewhere! ;)

MerlinTheGoat

LMA is not long for this world.
This is directed to anyone who knows, not only at drew. But can you or any other insiders (such as @Lee @marni1971 @WDW1974 etc) tell us how safe the Great Movie Ride and Osborne Lights are in future plans for the park? I would assume Tower of Terror probably isn't going anywhere, but i'm hoping there's a future for GMR and the lights. Any reason to be worried? I'm a huge fan of both attractions. There was some worry a year or two ago that the Osborne Lights would either be leaving entirely or moved to a new home somewhere around WDW.

I'd hate to lose another large scale ride with the elaborate sets and lots of animatronic figures like GMR. There are far too few of those left, and practically none of them being built anymore by anyone, perhaps ever again (Disney or Universal). I'd also hate to see an acceleration of removing Christmas decorations.

Last edited:

BrerJon

Honest question, why do they go during the day? Why not go before/after park hours to be less obvious.

What if Soundstage 1 was the main public area they were seen around, but they actually spent the day touring the areas that used to be on the backlot tour but have long since passed out of use. Maybe most of what they were looking at was offstage, which would support the idea of a big expansion.

They probably were just in the right area to pop onstage to take a look - most guests don't seem to have noticed them anyway.

I'm starting to think Carsland - if Lasseter's involved, and a few months ago WDW hired the head project manager /creative exec of Carsland didn't they?

BrerJon

I have a hard time seeing LMA being closed before the Holidays based on the fact DHS needs capacity for the Holidays since the backlot tour is closes on September 27th for good.

The big question is how Disney is how long in a day can Disney keep guests at Disney Hollywood Studios after LMA closes? I am asking this because LMA is a crowd eater and it decreases the amount of attractions a guest wants to see at DHS.

LMA only has shows two or three times a day most of the time. If guests are there for about an hour, that means there are only two or three hours when the park isn't dealing with a non-LMA capacity anyway on most days.

BrerJon

So looking at those photos, this is what I want to know. Why don't people go up to them and plainly ask for what they want? Staggs is the man with the plan and the power, does no-one just ask him to knock down the hat, or refresh the GMR, or not turn Disney's Stagnant Studios into Disney's Frozen Studios, or how awful the Fastpass+ experience is for guests... whatever their pet hate, you would think fans would constantly be going up to Staggs or Meg with comments. I know I would if I'd been there.

But nobody seems to go near them - surely they're not using minders to stop casual guests talking to them? Goes against the whole company ethos.

rct247

1450728_10104134703328318_6178453678545338719_n.jpg

I highly doubt it will be a 3rd track for TSMM. The track would be behind the current ride, not to the left of it. I do agree with Monsters rumors as the iron transition from Pixar Place to Monstropolis is already set up in the park. (Soundstage 1 is to the left of the top left picture.)

Mike S

1450728_10104134703328318_6178453678545338719_n.jpg

I highly doubt it will be a 3rd track for TSMM. The track would be behind the current ride, not to the left of it. I do agree with Monsters rumors as the iron transition from Pixar Place to Monstropolis is already set up in the park. (Soundstage 1 is to the left of the top left picture.)
*sigh* I really wish that would be the case but everyone seems to be pointing to Toy Story expansion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom