DHS Soundstage 1 Renovation - Toy Storia Mania expansion

GoofGoof

Premium Member
No, i'm not. I just think if you are going to spend the money you'd have to spend to make a 3rd track, why not just build a new ride which will eat capacity as well.

If it's a larger expansion as you say, there should be enough additional capacity that a 3rd track isn't needed.
I'm not disputing your opinion. You made the point that it can't be a 3rd track for TSMM because these executives wouldn't come all this way if it was just that. I agree that they wouldn't come all this way to see just that. But if TSMM expansion was part of a larger project then it would make sense that the executives would come to see it along with the rest of the plans.

As far as not needing a 3rd track if there is an expansion, that's debatable. It's not really for us to decide anyway. They doubled Dumbo despite adding new rides and the same logic could have been applied. Add a different spinner ride instead of Dumbo. But people want to ride Dumbo so new capacity wasn't going to reduce demand. TSMM is a popular ride from a popular franchise too. I know it's just one small example, but still relevant. There was a whole thread about the Soarin and TSMM expansions where both sides were argued at length. I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens.

Cesar R M

I would say no.
almost feels like Disney PR just hired Comical Ali as their spokes man.

d7UBzxS.jpg

"There are no Executives and Imagineers currently at DHS. We will roast the insides of those silly Universal Fanboys for speaking such lies!"

Last edited:

Fox&Hound

I say move the flippin' laugh floor to DHS. And while they're at it...move the autopia there too and theme it to Sugar Rush from Wreck it Ralph. Then make tomorrowland WORTH visiting by buidling some new stuff....that's well done for a change.

On a side note...what the friggin' heck is going on with the Top Brass and imagineers at DHS? IS something brewing? Should I get somewhat excited?

I agree with moving Laugh Floor and autopia, but not Sugar Rush. Theme it to Cars. Such a great plot of land it would free up at MK =)

wdwfan4ver

I have a hard time seeing LMA being closed before the Holidays based on the fact DHS needs capacity for the Holidays since the backlot tour is closes on September 27th for good.

The big question is how Disney is how long in a day can Disney keep guests at Disney Hollywood Studios after LMA closes? I am asking this because LMA is a crowd eater and it decreases the amount of attractions a guest wants to see at DHS.

doctornick

I have a hard time seeing LMA being closed before the Holidays based on the fact DHS needs capacity for the Holidays since the backlot tour is closes on September 27th for good.

The big question is how Disney is how long in a day can Disney keep guests at Disney Hollywood Studios after LMA closes? I am asking this because LMA is a crowd eater and it decreases the amount of attractions a guest wants to see at DHS.

That's the thing. There's a tipping point where they simply have to keep things open to have enough to do in a day. I've got to think that LMA stays open through the holidays at least. In the meantime, something needs to open in the AIE space (or the Frozen sing a long moves there with something backfilling the Premiere Theater).

It's nice to hear some insiders say "stuff is coming", but I've got to wonder "when". The good news for me is that I probably won't be back to WDW for 2+ years so I'm hoping that there's some actual additions (and fewer closures) by that time.

PhotoDave219

That's the thing. There's a tipping point where they simply have to keep things open to have enough to do in a day. I've got to think that LMA stays open through the holidays at least. In the meantime, something needs to open in the AIE space (or the Frozen sing a long moves there with something backfilling the Premiere Theater).

It's nice to hear some insiders say "stuff is coming", but I've got to wonder "when". The good news for me is that I probably won't be back to WDW for 2+ years so I'm hoping that there's some actual additions (and fewer closures) by that time.

LMA should be open through the holidays, yes.

PhotoDave219

Part of the iceberg:)

Not long as in closing next week or next year?

I would expect 2QFY15. or 3Q.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom