DHS Soundstage 1 Renovation - Toy Storia Mania expansion

space42

Honestly - unless this DHS reboot INCREASES the net number of rides and attractions, the park will still have the same issues it faces today.

It needs two more really strong E-Ticket (that the whole family can ride) anchors (Pixar Place plus Star Wars Land) - Say something on the scale of Cars Land but not a clone of that attraction. That along with around 6 C - D ticket attractions between Pixar and Star Wars - rounded out by a few more A - C tickets. That would be a good starting point. Unfortunately - I don't think they are thinking on this scale. I hope I'm wrong about that.

doctornick

This should send hourly capacity up to about 1800/hour. Far more reasonable for Florida. Think of it this way--they should have built it like this in the first place, so no real loss of space.

Given the attendance of the park, together with the demographics of WDW guests (both tending to have younger guests and more first time/infrequent guests), I don't think it's unreasonable to suggest that DHS should have a higher capacity for TSMM than (say) DLR even if more family friendly rides are built.

raven

This should send hourly capacity up to about 1800/hour. Far more reasonable for Florida. Think of it this way--they should have built it like this in the first place, so no real loss of space.

Anything built in WDW sould have a larger capacity. Small capacity rides like in DL make long waits in FL. Still not sure why they haven't beefed up the supports and upgrade Peter Pan to 2-row vehicles. it isn't like you can see anything in front of you anyway with the way the sail in way.

According to Jim Hill
Disney's Hollywood Adventure
Version of Radiator Springs racers is coming
Toy Story Playland
No expansion for TSMM

Never trust JHM.

ToTBellHop

Given the attendance of the park, together with the demographics of WDW guests (both tending to have younger guests and more first time/infrequent guests), I don't think it's unreasonable to suggest that DHS should have a higher capacity for TSMM than (say) DLR even if more family friendly rides are built.
Well that's a discussiong for 432,698 other threads here.

drew81

You wouldn't get two feet from them and a handler would be directing you away from them most likely.

That's not necessarily true. I have had a couple conversations with execs in the parks. And they have always been cordial and kind. I think it's the way you approach them and talk with them. If you go up to them acting entitled or rude I wouldn't expect them to chat. If you approach with respect and have an actual conversation about something you care about then they are likely to listen. That doesn't mean anything you say will change anything, how they feel or decisions being made.

jt04

According to Jim Hill
Disney's Hollywood Adventure
Version of Radiator Springs racers is coming
Toy Story Playland
No expansion for TSMM

"Disney's Hollywood Adventure"? Interesting.

The list seems like a reasonable phase 1.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
That's not necessarily true. I have had a couple conversations with execs in the parks. And they have always been cordial and kind. I think it's the way you approach them and talk with them. If you go up to them acting entitled or rude I wouldn't expect them to chat. If you approach with respect and have an actual conversation about something you care about then they are likely to listen. That doesn't mean anything you say will change anything, how they feel or decisions being made.
Yep I think that is precisely the way it is.

It all depends on the situation as well. If they are in a closed off area for interviews, expect handlers and no access. If they are out in the park, I've seen them talk to guests.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom