DHS Soundstage 1 Renovation - Toy Storia Mania expansion

Tom Morrow

If Soundstage 1 gets wasted on a TSMM extension when it's so clear that the only reason the ride has such high waits are due to the fact that its one of only TWO rides in the park without a height requirement, and one of five rides total, then I'm going to be very annoyed.

Next Big Thing

1450728_10104134703328318_6178453678545338719_n.jpg

I highly doubt it will be a 3rd track for TSMM. The track would be behind the current ride, not to the left of it. I do agree with Monsters rumors as the iron transition from Pixar Place to Monstropolis is already set up in the park. (Soundstage 1 is to the left of the top left picture.)
I actually agree. Many are saying that they've heard/know a TSMM expansion is coming, but has anyone 100% said it's coming to SS1? It would make much more sense to put a new track behind the current ride as you say than to the left. That would still leave SS1 open for expansion and raise TSMM's capacity at the same time.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
If Soundstage 1 gets wasted on a TSMM extension when it's so clear that the only reason the ride has such high waits are due to the fact that its one of only TWO rides in the park without a height requirement, and one of five rides total, then I'm going to be very annoyed.

Couldn't agree more ....the BEST way for them to shorten that line is to create more family rides in that park...not add an additional ride track to an existing one

lobelia

You just promise to take him drinking and he'll go anywhere. If Lasseter stays overnight in Orlando, 10 bucks says you'll find him at a bar or lounge at Disney tonight somewhere.
Yes. This happened. Just saw a picture of him looking like he was having a blast with someone who "worries about his hair". For the record, I would rather spend my time drinking and eating turkey legs with this crowd. Let him live his life with joy.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
So looking at those photos, this is what I want to know. Why don't people go up to them and plainly ask for what they want? Staggs is the man with the plan and the power, does no-one just ask him to knock down the hat, or refresh the GMR, or not turn Disney's Stagnant Studios into Disney's Frozen Studios, or how awful the Fastpass+ experience is for guests... whatever their pet hate, you would think fans would constantly be going up to Staggs or Meg with comments. I know I would if I'd been there.

But nobody seems to go near them - surely they're not using minders to stop casual guests talking to them? Goes against the whole company ethos.
You wouldn't get two feet from them and a handler would be directing you away from them most likely.

mmkr03

Couldn't agree more ....the BEST way for them to shorten that line is to create more family rides in that park...not add an additional ride track to an existing one
I also agree but from everything I'm reading on this thread it sounds like with the next gen program there isn't enough capacity for FP+ reservations. If a big expansion is coming (and it sounds like it) that means the park will be mobbed with more people and they will need to have more availability for FP+. Even if they expand TSMM into SS1 there will still be a ton of room for more attractions.

PhilharMagician

LMA is not long for this world.

Not saying that it won't close but I would be shocked to see LMA close in the near future. LMA has the ability to eat huge crowds and direct them to the back of the park clearing up Hollywood & Sunset Blvd's. They would really need to get something new open first because there will be capacity issues specially during busy times with American Idol and Backlot Tour being closed. Granted these attractions did not operate @ full capacity but at least helped to spread out the masses.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
I also agree but from everything I'm reading on this thread it sounds like with the next gen program there isn't enough capacity for FP+ reservations. If a big expansion is coming (and it sounds like it) that means the park will be mobbed with more people and they will need to have more availability for FP+. Even if they expand TSMM into SS1 there will still be a ton of room for more attractions.

that's a good point...

Tom Morrow

Actually if anything, there are less Fastpasses being distributed under Fastpass+ than the old system. And even if this were the issue, it goes back to the original point that adding capacity to TSMM (or Soarin') is a band-aid fix. These rides are in high demand - not because they are great rides, but because of the lack of rides in the park.

mmkr03

Actually if anything, there are less Fastpasses being distributed under Fastpass+ than the old system. And even if this were the issue, it goes back to the original point that adding capacity to TSMM (or Soarin') is a band-aid fix. These rides are in high demand - not because they are great rides, but because of the lack of rides in the park.
You'll get no argument from me, it's absolutely a band-aid fix! The higher ups are desperately trying to make next gen work. I'm sure a big complaint is people not being able to reserve FP+ for TSMM and this is their quick and relatively cheap solution. Personally I think TSMM is an ok ride but I would never wait more then 30-45min for it, needless to say I don't get on it much. I wonder how easy it would be to remove the 3rd track if the demand were to drop after the expansions and use SS1 for something else? Not likely I know but just a thought.

Mike S

At least a new Soarin' theater wouldn't be taking up space that could be for a future ride. Money sure, but not space. It seems to me that's the best thing we could get for that space next to it.

Magenta Panther

So looking at those photos, this is what I want to know. Why don't people go up to them and plainly ask for what they want? Staggs is the man with the plan and the power, does no-one just ask him to knock down the hat, or refresh the GMR, or not turn Disney's Stagnant Studios into Disney's Frozen Studios, or how awful the Fastpass+ experience is for guests... whatever their pet hate, you would think fans would constantly be going up to Staggs or Meg with comments. I know I would if I'd been there.

But nobody seems to go near them - surely they're not using minders to stop casual guests talking to them? Goes against the whole company ethos.

Interestingly, Walt Disney himself used to mingle with guests at Disneyland and ask their opinions on the rides and attractions. But those were more innocent times...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom