DHS Soundstage 1 Renovation - Toy Storia Mania expansion

flynnibus

Premium Member
So who is booking another trip because they know there will be a third TSMM track?

Who booked a trip because they knew Harry Potter was open?

It boils down to that... someone has new and interesting stuff (regardless of how the total sum of their park compares to another park) while someone else nips, tucks, and repackages largely the same thing over and over. One is creating interest... the other is trying to pitch why you SHOULD be interested. Hopefully WDW will get out of it's stagnant rut and actually start doing things that excite people to visit again.

doctornick

LMA is about 5.5 acres.

RSR is 7.

Should all proposals for this project come through there could be around 23 acres.

That's a lot of space to fill.

I'm sorry, but you can't just put in a bomb like that and walk away. :)

When you say "all proposals" do you mean just Pixar or do you mean all of the potential things coming to DHS (TSPL, Cars, Star Wars)? And are there other things on the table beyond what has been rumored here?

DisneyGentleman

I dont know if anyone else has mentioned this, but did anyone else see that the name of this thread is toy storia?:p
It's a hint! It's a clue! It's evidence!!!

The title was obviously written by Luigi, which means that Carsland, Casa Della Tires, and Luigi's Flying Tires is coming next. Obviously they closed Luigi's Flying Tires to bring it to Florida. Heck, the fact that it was an unmitigated disaster in California makes it a perfect addition in Florida.

At least that's all the evidence you need for anything here... :)

HauntedMansionFLA

I'm still hoping they really get Pixar in there too. Imagine being able to eat at Harry Housen's, or something that actually looks like the real Pizza Planet, or Gousteau's? Imagine walking through Monstropolis?
Pixar is their other cash cow. It will get something good. But I'm surprised there isn't a Frozen castle going in the back part of the park.

HauntedMansionFLA

Is Streets Of America going away with Star Wars and Pixar coming soon (rumored)? I know the Osborne Lights are there for Christmas but it's dead space for ten months. Would they move it to Disney Springs or somewhere else?

wdwfan4ver

Is Streets Of America going away with Star Wars and Pixar coming soon (rumored)? /QUOTE]
I haven't read anything about Streets of America being involved with Star Wars on this forum or on other website. The rumors with Star Wars has the backlot express, and Indiana Jones going away. I know there has been rumors about the Echo Lake Lagoon going away for Star Wars once they done with the construction walls with the hat, but that is a wait and see for me. There also has been rumors about Sounds Dangerous and the American Idol Experience building in the past being part of a Star Wars Land, but I don't if that is the case anymore with the Frozen-sing-a-long taking over the American Idol Experience building this summer.

Based on what I read online, it doesn't sound like all of Streets of America is gone since there is no plans of getting a rid of Muppet vision 3-d unlike the rumor a couple years ago. The only sections that appear to be gone from streets of America is LMA and Studios Backlot Tour

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I'm sorry, but you can't just put in a bomb like that and walk away. :)

When you say "all proposals" do you mean just Pixar or do you mean all of the potential things coming to DHS (TSPL, Cars, Star Wars)? And are there other things on the table beyond what has been rumored here?
The proposed affected area on that side of the park. Give or take an acre.

Next Big Thing

You don't have a clue what you're talking about.
No, they are right. There's no union at Universal. No one to represent you, etc. If a big wig walks through the park and doesn't like how you're doing your job, they can fire you on the spot and you can't say anything about it.

At least at Disney you having a fighting chance of getting your job back if something similar were to happen.

HauntedMansionFLA

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is also a cash cow at this point, as is Star Wars.
It would be interesting to see what loopholes Disney can find in the Marvel / Universal agreement. Can they use characters in WDW if they don't promote them as Marvel ( Big Hero 6 and Guardians of the Galaxy). ?????????

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom