DHS Soundstage 1 Renovation - Toy Storia Mania expansion

DisneyGentleman

LMA is about 5.5 acres.

RSR is 7.

Should all proposals for this project come through there could be around 23 acres.

That's a lot of space to fill.

For reference, this is approximately what 23 acres looks like when superimposed on the park.

oKijWJS.jpg

Jwhee

Do you think that the legend of Jack will be turned into a Pixar themed attraction, or just completely torn down to allow access to behind the midway mania buildings? Or was its closure just for budget?

dstrawn9889

no need to use the soundstage for that, there is ALREADY a passageway between Jacks SS and Toy Story SS.
disney-legend-of-jack-sparrow-hollywood-studios-111912.jpg

just stage left in this image, the old walking tour tunnel above

doctornick

Do you think that the legend of Jack will be turned into a Pixar themed attraction, or just completely torn down to allow access to behind the midway mania buildings? Or was its closure just for budget?

It seemed to close so suddenly and at a time when a bunch of other stuff closed. One would think it would have stayed open just to have increased capacity in the park. So, I thought it closed so suddenly because they would use that space as part of TSPL -- and the walkway between the former Captain Jack attraction and TSMM would be the entrance to where the rides of TSPL would be. Maybe the Captain Jack area would be a new M&G or (in an ideal world) a queue to a dark ride.

But it seems like it is just sitting there. Was the closure just about saving operation costs?

roj2323

But it seems like it is just sitting there. Was the closure just about saving operation costs?

Yes. They literally closed the doors and painted the wall, thats it. Capt. Jack was still fully assembled in the building as of New Years eve which was the last time I was in there. Furthermore there has been no permits filed so It's unlikely that anything is happening in there now.

I like there other's idea about using the tour bridges btw. Don't think the tour bridge for soundstage three is there anymore however. Soundstage one still has the tour bridges however.

lentesta

Premium Member
:

@lentesta... How have wait times at Toy Story Mania been affected before and after Cars Land?

Sorry for the delay in responding.

Using 2011 and 2013 as the times around the 2012 RSR debut, TSMM wait times averaged ~3 minutes lower after RSR opened. My stats guy says that's not statistically significant over the course of an entire year though.

Here's the chart:

SGPlot1007.png

twebber55

Sorry for the delay in responding.

Using 2011 and 2013 as the times around the 2012 RSR debut, TSMM wait times averaged ~3 minutes lower after RSR opened. My stats guy says that's not statistically significant over the course of an entire year though.

Here's the chart:

SGPlot1007.png
so basically the addition of a new ride(s) didn't lower wait times?

doctornick

because it pulled more people INTO the park

Sure. And it's quite possible/likely that a similar phenomena would occur at DHS if additional rides are added -- rather than cause wait times to go down at TSMM, the additional guests (or guests that stay longer in the park) might keep the wait times similar. In which case, you are back to the capacity issue, which is what the third track is trying to solve.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom