DHS Pixar Place Rumor in Need of Confirmation

SoccerMickey

If anyone saw the concept art that One Man's Dream had on display during its 20 Years of Hollywood Studios exhibit they shown a painting of some concept work for the Muppets Studios and across from the MuppetVision theatre Pizza Planet was there but the concept art called it the Swedish Chef Video Cooking School.

Grizzly Hall 71

I believe it is a countdown to his 1,000th post after which he says he will retire from wdwmagic. I think some members are looking forward to it.

Yes, yes they are.

Once again I hope none of these happen :wave:

I would love for a new coaster but I would like it to be thrilling. Not cheesy and dry.

JustInTime

Well, it perfectly fits in Epcot's France area :shrug:

Well, we have 2 great restaurants and the last thing I would want in the World Showcase is ratatouille restaurant. The only reason I say that is because all the structures and buildings are realistic and could/are real in the actual county. Adding that would mess everything up.

SoccerMickey

Well, we have 2 great restaurants and the last thing I would want in the World Showcase is ratatouille restaurant. The only reason I say that is because all the structures and buildings are realistic and could/are real in the actual county. Adding that would mess everything up.

I really wouldn't count Chefs De France as a great restaurant, not sure how Theme Park Insider was able to give them a runner up spot in best theme park restaurant but the food has become borderline edible and the service has really sunk. I think Gusteau's fits perfectly in the Paris backdrop of the film, Ratatouille and I think it would work great in France at Epcot. Unfortunately, if we all remember, Gusteau's went out of business after the board of health closed them for having rats in the kitchen. I think the other restuarant, Le Ratatouille, would be a great addition to Pixar Place.

Magenta Panther

Na just anti pixar stuff for awhile :wave:. To much of it everywhere.

You all are Anti Universal so what's the problem :)?

Just because something new doesn't mean its great. And the new stuff Disney has announced lately (besides Star Tours 2) aren't all that exciting to me.

For my part, the Little Mermaid ride sounds cool, as does the Beauty and the Beast restaurant (the concept pics at D23 were intriguing). I have no use for any more Muppet-related stuff. Not when actual Disney characters like Mary Poppins and the Jungle Book gang go begging. I would actually be interested in news involving more RIDES and less about shops and eateries. It's kind of a bummer to walk down Main Street, DHS etc. and they're block after block generic gift shops. Yawn.

Magenta Panther

I really doubt the Ice Show inspired Incredibles ride.

Would rather see them dip into the Boom! Studios comics for inspiration. Something along the lines of IOA's Spider-Man with some of the new villains (Mezmerella, Shifty, Tronosaurus Rex, and Futurion could lend themselves pretty well to a thrill dark ride), plus Underminer, for that would be great.

How about a ride/show based on Darkwing Duck?

Evil Genius

For my part, the Little Mermaid ride sounds cool, as does the Beauty and the Beast restaurant (the concept pics at D23 were intriguing). I have no use for any more Muppet-related stuff. Not when actual Disney characters like Mary Poppins and the Jungle Book gang go begging. I would actually be interested in news involving more RIDES and less about shops and eateries. It's kind of a bummer to walk down Main Street, DHS etc. and they're block after block generic gift shops. Yawn.

As someone has already stated, Mary Poppins and The Jungle Book were acquired properties just as The Muppets are. Granted they are properties that existed in a different medium, but Walt (nor anyone associated with Disney) did not create them.

I know to take these rumors with a grain of salt as I would bet dollars to doughnuts most of them aren't remotely legitimate but I do like them nevertheless.

Especially the concept of an Incredibles attraction, although I would love to see a flying coaster based on the franchise rather than anything else.

And ANYTHING Muppets is welcome! They are timeless characters and fit so perfect in DHS!

Grizzly Hall 71

It had it's turn for an attraction and failed.

Mouse Man

I would love to see Gausteau's & The swedish Chef's resteraunts. That would truly be fun and cool if they incorporated all the characters in the resteraunts. Monsters Inc I feel would be great and would love to see the Indy ride, but the Indy ride would really be best in MK in adventureland. What would really bring DHS to life and be a crowd puller and crowd keepr was the idea that some one posted the other day on a Star Wars land for DHS. Lastly for DHS, I feel that one man's dream needs be housed better and I hope that is what they are going to do. One mans dream is one of my favorite things to see in DHS

UberPlannerMom

I would love to see Gausteau's & The swedish Chef's resteraunts. That would truly be fun and cool if they incorporated all the characters in the resteraunts. Monsters Inc I feel would be great and would love to see the Indy ride, but the Indy ride would really be best in MK in adventureland. What would really bring DHS to life and be a crowd puller and crowd keepr was the idea that some one posted the other day on a Star Wars land for DHS. Lastly for DHS, I feel that one man's dream needs be housed better and I hope that is what they are going to do. One mans dream is one of my favorite things to see in DHS

So in one of those restaurants we have a rat chef and in the other we have a rat waiter, right?

Actually I would love to see a swedish chef restaurant, just as long as the menu isn't in "swedish chef" language!

World Traveler

Original Poster
Just for fun, I tried to map out where the attractions would most likely go if the rumor is verified. Take a look:

45916_1625584478482_1202637472_1808604_1187552_n.jpg

I know the image is small, but I think you can make out the locales. Here's the color code:

Dark Purple - Monster's Inc Attraction
Blue - Buy'n'Large
Red - Incredibles Attraction
Orange - Meet and Greet Building
Yellow - Luigi from Cars Attraction
Green - Bugs Life Play Area
Light Purple - Pizza Planet
Pink - The Swedish Chef

Of course, most of those are just guesses as to where they would go. Just thought it might help if I showed a visual. I'm still hoping someone with more information will be able to confirm this.

BrerFrog

Just for fun, I tried to map out where the attractions would most likely go if the rumor is verified. Take a look:

I know the image is small, but I think you can make out the locales. Here's the color code:

Dark Purple - Monster's Inc Attraction
Blue - Buy'n'Large
Red - Incredibles Attraction
Orange - Meet and Greet Building
Yellow - Luigi from Cars Attraction
Green - Bugs Life Play Area
Light Purple - Pizza Planet
Pink - The Swedish Chef

Of course, most of those are just guesses as to where they would go. Just thought it might help if I showed a visual. I'm still hoping someone with more information will be able to confirm this.

Many complain about clones, but an expanded PP would feel kind of empty without Radiator Springs Racers.

Magenta Panther

As someone has already stated, Mary Poppins and The Jungle Book were acquired properties just as The Muppets are. Granted they are properties that existed in a different medium, but Walt (nor anyone associated with Disney) did not create them.!

Funny, I've read the book "Mary Poppins", and I don't remember a song entitled "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious" in it. Or penguin waiters. That required the Disney touch. Walt re-created both Poppins and Jungle Book in his own image, so to speak. So they are authentically Disney, much more so than a property that is merely acquired, like Muppets and Marvel. Both of which are an ill fit, IMO, within the Disney pantheon. I wish Eisner and Iger had taken that money and invested it into more in-house creativity; I regard both acquisitions as a waste.

_Scar

Funny, I've read the book "Mary Poppins", and I don't remember a song entitled "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious" in it. Or penguin waiters. That required the Disney touch. Walt re-created both Poppins and Jungle Book in his own image, so to speak. So they are authentically Disney, much more so than a property that is merely acquired, like Muppets and Marvel. Both of which are an ill fit, IMO, within the Disney pantheon. I wish Eisner and Iger had taken that money and invested it into more in-house creativity; I regard both acquisitions as a waste.

Mary Poppins is not authentically Disney. Most of Disney's movie is based off of the book, not the other way around.

Not being created soley by Walt does not make it bad. IMO it's one of his greatest movies- if not his greatest.

My dream Pixar Place would consist of the Monsters, Inc. coatser, rethemed Bug's Life set, Ratatouille water ride (which DHS desperately needs), and an indoor Radiator Springs Racers. If they level the Backlot Tour that will make way for a table service Ratatouille restaurant and quick service new & improved (and just like the movie one) Pizza Planet. Add two parade gates on each end and throw in a parade route for Blockparty Bash. Throw in a Buy'N'Large shop and a Pixar attraction similar to Magic of Disney Animation & OMD. Put meet'n'greets in post-show area and BAM!:xmas:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom