DHS Pixar Place Rumor in Need of Confirmation

Close this thread please. The chances of a Pixar Place expansion happening are the same as Sylvester Stallone writing a good screenplay or getting the right side of his mouth to operate correctly. Pixar Place will be getting an expansion until the year 2056 or when that dammned building across from Downtown Disney gets one hunk of a sloth facelift.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Close this thread please. The chances of a Pixar Place expansion happening are the same as Sylvester Stallone writing a good screenplay or getting the right side of his mouth to operate correctly. Pixar Place will be getting an expansion until the year 2056 or when that dammned building across from Downtown Disney gets one hunk of a sloth facelift.

Well, considering Stallone was nominated for an Academy Award for the first "Rocky" screenplay, I guess the Pixar Place odds are pretty fair....

mhaftman7

I don't think it would be expanding rather than re-imagining. Major replacements, not so much adding. DHS is a good size park as is. It just needs some out dated attractions updated. HISTA? HSM? PHD? Narnia? BLT? All in desperate need of retheming or replacing.

bjlc57

the bottom line is..

that we have FEW POSTERS, if any.. with TRUE INSIDE KNOWLEDGE HERE..

maybe three.. and even then... they talk in mystic terms so that they don't lose their jobs.

so this person lays out a speculation.. hoping that, we here , on this forum, have inside knowledge.. and sorry to say , but we DO NOT..

the bottom line, is that Disney, isn't the great, Moving, changing force, that it used to be. That penny's are being thrown around like manhole covers when it comes to expansion of the parks.

and that as time goes on, we are seeing the truth that Less Expansion, is going to be the norm and in fact , the common place , if not the HARD LINE, for the parks.

just the article of SELLING LAND.. that alone, tells you that We are seeing the end of progress and not the beginning of new progress.

that Universal announced and built and opened Henry Potter land, with No response at all from the Disney board.. Nothing.. not a " I'll Show you".. not a
"watch , we can do it better".. not a "look out, cuz when we are done, you will be selling broom sticks door to door."

nothing..

so this speculation.. while nice.. could have been written and printed on the original posters home printer, and have gotten the same amount of facts , returned to it, as have been posted here..

none..

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
that we have FEW POSTERS, if any.. with TRUE INSIDE KNOWLEDGE HERE..

maybe three.. and even then... they talk in mystic terms so that they don't lose their jobs.

so this person lays out a speculation.. hoping that, we here , on this forum, have inside knowledge.. and sorry to say , but we DO NOT..

the bottom line, is that Disney, isn't the great, Moving, changing force, that it used to be. That penny's are being thrown around like manhole covers when it comes to expansion of the parks.

and that as time goes on, we are seeing the truth that Less Expansion, is going to be the norm and in fact , the common place , if not the HARD LINE, for the parks.

just the article of SELLING LAND.. that alone, tells you that We are seeing the end of progress and not the beginning of new progress.

that Universal announced and built and opened Henry Potter land, with No response at all from the Disney board.. Nothing.. not a " I'll Show you".. not a
"watch , we can do it better".. not a "look out, cuz when we are done, you will be selling broom sticks door to door."

nothing..

so this speculation.. while nice.. could have been written and printed on the original posters home printer, and have gotten the same amount of facts , returned to it, as have been posted here..

none..

The Fantasyland Expansion. A new Art of Animation value resort. Two new areas of Disney going against your supposed grain. Add in the complete renovation of Star Tours as bringing in a completely new experience. Along with many of the rumored projects which those same insiders you decry say are closer to fruition that many would believe possible.

bjlc57

wel they could just abandon the 'hotel" across from the Pop century.. too many homeless would have been moving in there.. either persons or animals..

Studios Fan

The Fantasyland Expansion. A new Art of Animation value resort. Two new areas of Disney going against your supposed grain. Add in the complete renovation of Star Tours as bringing in a completely new experience. Along with many of the rumored projects which those same insiders you decry say are closer to fruition that many would believe possible.

Agreed. While everybody is talking about the Harry Potter expansion, it is important to note that was the first real expansion that IOA had since very early in its existence. While I would love to see the Disney parks expand more it seems like they are making progress.

bjlc57

Well.. its there.. Henry Potter ville.. the bottom line is that Universal PULLED THE PIN.. while Disney sat on their hands.. ( and you would have to know my sense of humor as to why Henry Potter is called Henry Potter, instead of its correct name..)..

We don't have the INSIDERS here , like people think.. we have a bunch of very nice posters.. very few are mean.. but for actual INSIDE INFORMATION..
sorry.

but High school kids, and multil time a year visitors do not quantify as true insiders..

We have Lee, and Corrus.. and after that.. the list gets real thin, REAL FAST.

and others who seemed to have TRUE inside information..

well they are DUST IN THE WIND.. meaning General Grizz.. and a couple of guys who have gotten banned for life..

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Well.. its there.. Henry Potter ville.. the bottom line is that Universal PULLED THE PIN.. while Disney sat on their hands.. ( and you would have to know my sense of humor as to why Henry Potter is called Henry Potter, instead of its correct name..)..

We don't have the INSIDERS here , like people think.. we have a bunch of very nice posters.. very few are mean.. but for actual INSIDE INFORMATION..
sorry.

but High school kids, and multil time a year visitors do not quantify as true insiders..

We have Lee, and Corrus.. and after that.. the list gets real thin, REAL FAST.

and others who seemed to have TRUE inside information..

well they are DUST IN THE WIND.. meaning General Grizz.. and a couple of guys who have gotten banned for life..

Actually, you can add Raven, Marti and perhaps even now Jaun to that insider list....

And again, Disney has, and will continue to, expand and grow in the future. Maybe not as quickly as you may like, but they are nonetheless. An entire expansion of Fantasyland, a whole new value resort with over 1,000 rooms, essentially two new restaurants in the WS, practically a new ST ride, plus everything else that's rumored to be in the pipeline. I'm sorry if it's not fast enough for your personal gratification, but the work is ongoing.

_Scar

Islands of Adventure had to wait a decade for Potter.

I see what you're saying but the pace at both IoA and the Disney parks is roughly the same. Sorry to burst your bubble.

bjlc57

well not fast enough is one thing.. if that's how you look at it..

prior to the 'recession" WDW was going great guns.. the parks were full and money was ROLLING IN..

and the word was: We can't expand now.. We are too busy..

so the recession hits.. the parks slow down some.. and now its.. "Well We are broke.. and we can't afford to expand.. "

yet every year the tickets go up in price.. and the profits were soaring..

and every year the defenders of this type of management say.. "Hey at least we have the parks as they are.. "

this is not Walt Disney type of thinking.. This is Michael Eisner, after the loss of Frank Wells, type of thinking..

Walt never was worried about the bottom line.. it was about How can we BE THE BEST.. each and every day.. and how can we make the BEST , EVEN BETTER..

and that type of thinking no longer exists at Disney World.

other wise we wouldn't be having this discussion.. Nor would the crowds be at Universal this summer, and they would be having a sale on Brooms..

Walt would have fired back.. and in a big way..

but first of all, he never would have let his competition beat him on the Hot TICKET..

every other time, he bought, he contracted.. he bid.. and HE WON.. from Winnie the Poo, Mary Popins , the Mups, and on and on..

Walt wasn't a second place type of guy.. even when he lost early in his Career, He came back, bigger, stronger, smarter..

that's the simple truth..

_Scar

well not fast enough is one thing.. If that's how you look at it..

Prior to the 'recession" wdw was going great guns.. The parks were full and money was rolling in.. it still is rolling in.

and the word was: We can't expand now.. We are too busy.. no. The excuse was money. It's tdo.

so the recession hits.. The parks slow down some.. And now its.. "well we are broke.. And we can't afford to expand.. " they aren't broke, but cheap.

yet every year the tickets go up in price.. And the profits were soaring.. the parks still get new things, just not every year. More like around 2-4 years wait for each park for something new.

and every year the defenders of this type of management say.. "hey at least we have the parks as they are.. " they don't add new things, but they do a great job at maintaining what they have and the entire resort.

this is not walt disney type of thinking.. This is michael eisner, after the loss of frank wells, type of thinking.. it's actually smart from a money standpoint because people actually come back to wdw even if no new attractions are built. Good for them, bad for fans. Do i agree with this style? No.

walt never was worried about the bottom line.. It was about how can we be the best.. Each and every day.. And how can we make the best , even better.. no, roy did though. The two balanced realistic expectations and limitless expectations.

and that type of thinking no longer exists at disney world. oh, you'd be surprised. Not all are evil. Especially at wdi and some management.

other wise we wouldn't be having this discussion.. Nor would the crowds be at universal this summer, and they would be having a sale on brooms.. what? Harry potter means only good for the central florida region. It brings more people here. I bet in a way disney likes the attention florida is getting and it very well will probably spawn a few attractions. See, only good.

walt would have fired back.. And in a big way.. who says they aren't firing back at this very moment? Rumors of big things happening at wdw are coming soon.

but first of all, he never would have let his competition beat him on the hot ticket.. if wdw had no competition then the parks would probably be much more stale then they currently are. Say goodbye to dak and dhs. Competition is good and walt had a lot of it in the animation industry, but he was friends with his competition too.

every other time, he bought, he contracted.. He bid.. And he won.. From winnie the poo, mary popins , the mups, and on and on.. walt wasn't around to buy the muppets. And that's great he did that. But what does that have to do with this?

walt wasn't a second place type of guy.. Even when he lost early in his career, he came back, bigger, stronger, smarter.. islands of adventure is in no way in first place. In no way. At all. 0%. At all. Did i mention they weren't even close? And once again, it's only good that wwohp was made.

that's the simple truth.. really?

bolded

Captain Chaos

Guys, you are going to argue with a guy who gushes about Universal's new land and doesn't even know the name of it??? :ROFLOL:

Who is Henry Potter???Please, do tell who this Henry guy is.... I'm dying to see his movies, read the books, then experience his land...

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
well not fast enough is one thing.. if that's how you look at it..

and the word was: We can't expand now.. We are too busy..

so the recession hits.. the parks slow down some.. and now its.. "Well We are broke.. and we can't afford to expand.. "

yet every year the tickets go up in price.. and the profits were soaring..

other wise we wouldn't be having this discussion.. Nor would the crowds be at Universal this summer, and they would be having

that's the simple truth..

You don't read these boards much do you? Too busy berating honeymooners on their drive down to WDW I suppose....

Not only have people on these boards noticed the condition of the parks, but others as well. And like it or not, TDO has stepped up. The FLE, the ST2 refurb, a 1,000-room value resort, essentially two new restaurants at EP. Add in the exponential increase in park maintenance and refurbs that are going on throughout the whole of WDW.

And Disney did try to purchase the HP rights. But Rowling wanted too much creative control, something else Walt learned never to surrender early in his career.

The bottom line is that there's no gross imperative for Disney to respond to WWoHP. No matter what they did it was going to be successful. But in the end any increase in people to Universal will eventually be beneficial to WDW as well in the long run.

MarkTwain

Just for fun, I tried to map out where the attractions would most likely go if the rumor is verified. Take a look:

45916_1625584478482_1202637472_1808604_1187552_n.jpg

I know the image is small, but I think you can make out the locales. Here's the color code:

Dark Purple - Monster's Inc Attraction
Blue - Buy'n'Large
Red - Incredibles Attraction
Orange - Meet and Greet Building
Yellow - Luigi from Cars Attraction
Green - Bugs Life Play Area
Light Purple - Pizza Planet
Pink - The Swedish Chef

Of course, most of those are just guesses as to where they would go. Just thought it might help if I showed a visual. I'm still hoping someone with more information will be able to confirm this.

That is an incredibly helpful graphic. Even if none of this is true, it's at least nice to know the lay of the land and what the possibilities are there. Thanks for posting!

bugsbunny

I beg to differ with you differ! :animwink:

FLE is already been stopped and being changed to Plan B or C or whatever. And until they dig a shovel in the ground for the new value resort and let us see what the finished product is projected to be, I'll hold my breath for its completion. Lets be realistic with that one! WDW announced a building project for a building project that they never finished in the first place due to economic changes, etc. It would seem they dont want to build anything unless they think its a sure bet money tree and even then, change their plans as they go.

It would seem WDW is into scoping out a project for the long term and then picking it apart during the creation process in order to adapt it to the short term. I know things can get changed as they go along, but actually stopped or recreated? And when they "change plans", we all know that means for the WORSE, aka cheaper and a whole lot less plussing of things, if any.

And whoooppie doo on the Star Tours revamp. Something that is 15 years too long over due finally gets done. And since everything Stars Wars related that Lucas has turned out since 1985 has been awful, what do you think we will get for the revamp? The original ride was mediocre at best and was more of a rough tooth chipper neck snapping adventure than a thrill ride, IMHO. If the new digital footage is anything like the crap Star Wars movies have been since the original 3, it will be right back where it started except with a fresh coat of paint.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom