DHS Pixar Place Rumor in Need of Confirmation

nepalostparks

You all are Anti Universal so what's the problem :)?

Well that's a gross over-generalization.

And I don't think it's so much that posters here are anti-Universal, it's just this is a forum dedicated to Walt Disney World first and foremost. I would expect forums based mostly on Universal and frequented by Universal fans to talk about and be more postive about that subject.

Testtrack321

The OP said NOTHING about the rumors being true. I was merely saying that the ideas were welcome in my book. Nothing wrong with that at all. Do I believe anything I read here? Not until they are confirmed by Martin, Lee or WDWmagic himself. But the point is that I enjoy talking about the possibility of things. It is fun to do a bit of armchair imagining. And IMO that is one of the big reasons these boards exist. :wave:

But they aren't rumors, they are wishful thinking. Rumors mean there are some truth to them. This is how bad information is spread, how we get Orlando Sentinel articles about the new Spain pavilion at Epcot that's being discussed on "the internet" get written.

I have NO problem with arm chair imagineering, but we have a section for that, and nobody tries to pass it off as real.

It isn't personal and sorry if it seemed that way.

nepalostparks

As for the information from the original poster, a lot of it has already been tossed around as possible/Blue Sky before. (The Monsters Inc. "Door Scene" coaster idea has been around for a long time now... I was assured by some cast members as far back as Sept 2008 that it was greenlit :rolleyes:)

I think most of it is possible, and is mostly based on the trends we've been seeing with the additions in that area of the park for the past few years.

I'm honestly surprised Honey I Shrunk... set hasn't been re-themed to A Bug's Life by this point. Maybe with the (hopefully) future renovation of Imagination over at Epcot, Disney will put this out-dated franchise to bed.

EpcotServo

That is ALOT of stuff going into a VERY small space. (Yes, I know...that's what she said. got it. You know what I mean. :lol: :brick:)

JustInTime

But they aren't rumors, they are wishful thinking. Rumors mean there are some truth to them. This is how bad information is spread, how we get Orlando Sentinel articles about the new Spain pavilion at Epcot that's being discussed on "the internet" get written.

I have NO problem with arm chair imagineering, but we have a section for that, and nobody tries to pass it off as real.

It isn't personal and sorry if it seemed that way.

Not at all. I just felt like the rumors were cool. And the point of the thread was to sort out was real and what wasn't.

wickedfan07

Very interesting set of rumors. I especially like the relocation/rework of Pizza Planet, though I'd rather it was closer to the attraction (maybe where The Chronicles of Narnia is currently?). Also, I love the Swedish Chef restaurant idea. Wouldn't it be fantastic if the Chef "prepared" your meal for you? That'd be a very cool animatronic/living character right there. I'm kind of worried about an Incredibles attraction that's about them taking a trip to Disney World. We're already in Disney World; take us somewhere else! Very interesting rumors though. Thanks for sharing.

Mrs.Toad

Welcome!

Well, most of us here have heard about the Monster's Inc. coaster rumor and maybe one or two other things especially in regards to Pixar that you said thrown around and I don't know what to make of this post in its entirety. It is a lot to take in and I'm sure our insiders will weigh in. But the FLE threads are very busy lately and so is TDO busy with FLE running smoothly, so would any of this at DHS even be a concern of Staggs and his team, now?

But those rumors made me smile when I thought of my beloved DHS. Always a special place in my heart and I love it in a different way than MK, Epcot, etc. And if even one-fifth of what you said ever happened it would be step in the right direction and give the kick in the pants to DHS that is needs so badly.

Well, certain areas of the park does, it has many strengths and potential that can still be tapped when they decide to get around to it, and its vision becoming cohesive as a whole.

Right now I am skeptical because it just sounds like so many rumors at once and like a park 30 year plan. The money it would cost and AK and Epcot would probably lose out on additions and that's why I'm not sure it has full truth in it.

But if they are rumors they are great ideas and perhaps who ever gave you the info should apply for a job in creative. LOL. Some sound wonderful. Would love the Swedish Chef restaurant concept!

And I'm not being funny or facetious. This post really made me smile and made me think of a post I never went back to and promised I would return to and I should, about if I was made emergency Imgaineer or a bigwig what would I do. There was some nice interaction on that thread and a storm of ideas from many members that were awesome.

I would love for some of these to happen but I'm not sure where the hell this came from because that much info would have certainly made the rounds to the rumor mill or the insiders here or even on another website or other sources and I just have never seen half of these before. And honestly, they actually make good sense and they are detailed but there are so damn many of them...for just one park

NoChesterHester

In the other thread Juan mentioned the the FLE was the "tip of the iceburg" for WDW plans. Does this have something to do with it?

This whole thing sounds a little too fantastic, but could represent the master plan.

Mrs.Toad

And I am always grateful for posts that make people think.

It would be wonderful if any of it were possibilities. And it would be smart and a step in the right direction if all the parks eventually are treated like MK with FLE.

I just hope in general that the precedent set with FLE will now encourage and breed the same philosophy to the other 3 Orlando parks.

For all that we sometimes rag on the execs and creative I can understand the position the company was in for the last 30 years or so...in a way.

Walt dies in 1966.

MK opens in 1971.

Epcot opens in 1982

MGM (DHS) opens in 1989.

AK opens in 1996.

Too much growth and after Epcot these seven year plans.

And there were plenty of resorts, DTD, and other stuff growing too.

That is a lot in a small period of time. Perhaps it is only at the point they are at now that they can get back on the right track and plan more aggressively and more in the fold of FLE?

You are Disney and you have huge undertakings at MK and EPCOT, still works in progress, and then within seven years you open MGM and seven years later you open AK.

And I still remember being younger and going to MGM when it first opened and later AK when it opened. We complain now but they were more like quarter days until stuff was added.

And maybe that is what the last few years has been about for the Disney Corporation. The adding rides and attractions in small dribs and drabs to stabilize DHS and AK because even if they have not reached the heights we believe they can yet still climb, they are better off than at opening.

And during these years too they were adding something here and there to MK and Epcot.

Perhaps that era is over. I can only pray that the bigwigs are thinking ok, this is it, no fifth gate, let's do this right....everywhere with our 4.

My greatest wish is that FLE is the beginning of great things and the same type of planning and goals happen for all 4 parks.

That the two younger ones sort of crept up to the older two and with that worry gone that not enoough was there, they will drop the habit of a ride here and there every few years and really go all out now.

Yes, the early years of each and stabilization concerns are over...so let's move!

So my wish...After FLE...on to the next. Start attacking each park one by one and not plan for one thing but many things like FLE.

It could actually be more cost effective to budget for big expansions in each park instead of adding here and there hurly burly and one at a time for all four.

But I'm not too much of a business world person so who knows with actual figures.

After FLE is open hit the other 3 with the same gusto.

Now I will leave Epcot and AK because they have unique needs. Epcot needs a boost in both FW and WS so the possibilities are endless and beyond just adding a ride. Same for Ak, not only a new land but some complain about what they have now in certain areas not being cohesive or not being strongly themed.

But DHS...go after Pixar Place and make it fantastic, eateries, rides, attractions an entire unit planned just as FLE is. Things were addeds here and there to boost DHS now let's go in, fine tune, connect the links, and perfect it as a whole. And other parts of DHS are debatable too, but I'd be here forever on this thread.

Or they can attack the Muppets first because they were left hanging in the dust. Do it right. And they can't upstage Mickey, they are a very different brand. Just don't update Muppet vision and end there, run with it. Time for an eatery and another attraction or two. Again, the FLE model, focused sections at at time, vision.

FigmentJedi

I really doubt the Ice Show inspired Incredibles ride.

Would rather see them dip into the Boom! Studios comics for inspiration. Something along the lines of IOA's Spider-Man with some of the new villains (Mezmerella, Shifty, Tronosaurus Rex, and Futurion could lend themselves pretty well to a thrill dark ride), plus Underminer, for that would be great.

_Scar

I really doubt the Ice Show inspired Incredibles ride.

Would rather see them dip into the Boom! Studios comics for inspiration. Something along the lines of IOA's Spider-Man with some of the new villains (Mezmerella, Shifty, Tronosaurus Rex, and Futurion could lend themselves pretty well to a thrill dark ride), plus Underminer, for that would be great.

Huh?

Why can't we get the Ratatouille ride going into WDS? It sounds like it will be amazing.

JustInTime

Huh?

Why can't we get the Ratatouille ride going into WDS? It sounds like it will be amazing.

I think for Pixar Place, they should toss in the restaurant. Gausteau's would be great and would work so well. Plus, it would really almost be the only place for it in WDW besides DTD.

FigmentJedi

The comics publisher that Disney gave publishing rights to Pixar, Muppet and Mickey comics over a year ago. And they also are doing Darkwing Duck. All of it's really good stuff. Incredibles was actually headed by Mark Waid, considered one of the best comics writers in the biz, for about the first year of it's run.

DisneyJunkie

I don't think I like the part about the proposed Monsters Inc coaster "not" being a major thrill ride. That section of the park (where it would be) STILL needs another fairly big attraction to help break up the traffic between there and the RNRC/ToT area of DHS.

Biff215

I don't think I like the part about the proposed Monsters Inc coaster "not" being a major thrill ride. That section of the park (where it would be) STILL needs another fairly big attraction to help break up the traffic between there and the RNRC/ToT area of DHS.

It would still be a major attraction, just family friendly. There's not enough space for a major thrill ride anyway. It would fit right in on the level of TSMM.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom