DHS Pixar Place Rumor in Need of Confirmation

I think that the rumored expansion would work if they demolished Backlot Tour. I havent been on it in 5 years and its alot of useful space! If they were to tear it down we could have a HUGE Pixar Place expansion and the constuction of new soundstages for

The rumored Incredibles attraction
The rumored Cars Luigi attraction
The Ratatouille Restaurant
An UP themed simulator
And at least a couple of shops

I hope they wouldnt try to put Wall-E or Meet the Robinsons in. Those movies in my opinion were not very good.

And lastly put Monsters Inc. coaster in SS 1 and change Honey I shrunk the kids to A Bugs Land. WHEW!

Mammymouse

I think what gets some people into criticize mode is that Disney has done so much expansion in hotels over recent years - DVC's included - and Disneyworld attractions have seen very little in the "new" department. There comes a point where there will be more room in the hotels to stay than room in the Parks to play. Just my observation. Hopefully this new Fantasyland project will change that equation.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I beg to differ with you differ! :animwink:

FLE is already been stopped and being changed to Plan B or C or whatever. And until they dig a shovel in the ground for the new value resort and let us see what the finished product is projected to be, I'll hold my breath for its completion. Lets be realistic with that one! WDW announced a building project for a building project that they never finished in the first place due to economic changes, etc. It would seem they dont want to build anything unless they think its a sure bet money tree and even then, change their plans as they go.

It would seem WDW is into scoping out a project for the long term and then picking it apart during the creation process in order to adapt it to the short term. I know things can get changed as they go along, but actually stopped or recreated? And when they "change plans", we all know that means for the WORSE, aka cheaper and a whole lot less plussing of things, if any.

And whoooppie doo on the Star Tours revamp. Something that is 15 years too long over due finally gets done. And since everything Stars Wars related that Lucas has turned out since 1985 has been awful, what do you think we will get for the revamp? The original ride was mediocre at best and was more of a rough tooth chipper neck snapping adventure than a thrill ride, IMHO. If the new digital footage is anything like the crap Star Wars movies have been since the original 3, it will be right back where it started except with a fresh coat of paint.

Well, the original discussion was whether or not WDW was doing anything, which they are, in spades. As for your opinion of the FLE and its future, there are several discussions ongoing about not only the ongoing work (with plenty of photos to assure everyone that work is actually proceeding), but also changes as to the makeup of the project itself, now that Staggs has stated he wanted more a more diverse lineup to appeal to both genders. Even as it stands, the FLE is still a major expansion of MK, with a new ride, restaurant and expanded M&Gs. So yes, the work is there and progressing.

As for the Art of Animation, that has been publically announced and will begin shortly. Like it or not, WDW does resort hotels and theming far beter than Universal and will continue to do so. And a 1,000-room hotel is not a small toekn gesture either, especially a value resort.

And then there's the rumored MI2 coaster, and the new restaurants at EP, along with the seemingly incessant refurbs and maintenance to rides, attractions, restroom; even the monorails have been getting cleaned. I'm not quite sure how much more they need to complete to make certain people happy.

And as for the ST2 ride, while you may not care for it there are plenty of people excited about the changes it will bring, and it is another sign that WDW is working to improve the parks. The changes to the ride will go far past a "fresh coat of paint." Also, they recently refurbed the Muppets attraction, reworked the ToT ride for the summer, and even updated TSMM in conjunction with Toy Story 3. And they even held a very well-attended event for the closing of ST which was enjoyed by a lot of Star Wars fans, so the popularity of the franchise and ride was well-represented.

mhaftman7

I think that the rumored expansion would work if they demolished Backlot Tour. I havent been on it in 5 years and its alot of useful space! If they were to tear it down we could have a HUGE Pixar Place expansion and the constuction of new soundstages for

The rumored Incredibles attraction
The rumored Cars Luigi attraction
The Ratatouille Restaurant
An UP themed simulator
And at least a couple of shops

I hope they wouldnt try to put Wall-E or Meet the Robinsons in. Those movies in my opinion were not very good.

And lastly put Monsters Inc. coaster in SS 1 and change Honey I shrunk the kids to A Bugs Land. WHEW!

I don't think they necessarily need to demolish the BLT. If you re-imagine the layout, much of the current ride could be used in a Radiator Springs capacity as well as the intended destination in UP.

Ultimately, Wall-E and MTR should be added to any plans in MK. I could see something added if they were every to get rid of the race cars. With FLE currently taking out TTF?, the race cars don't exactly fit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom