DHS Parking lot remodel and expansion

Thebolt

Sigh... Surely there must be something that Universal wants for the rights.

One can imagine a deal to offload Blue Sky Studios IPs to Universal (who could use Ice Age, Peanuts etc. More than Disney in the parks) and The Simpsons; assuming the Fox deal completes.

S 2

New aerials from BioReconstruct:
DW0wosyW4AAziPj.jpg-large.jpg

DW0jZ-YXUAEB2MJ.jpg-large.jpg
DW0kuOOWkAASNRM.jpg-large.jpg

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
That is a big pile of dirt. Looks like a good place for a hotel once they get the water out.

So, you're saying with their choice of putting the SW Resort anywhere on the area already designated parking, they chose the dead center and not next to SWL?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
So, you're saying with their choice of putting the SW Resort anywhere on the area already designated parking, they chose the dead center and not next to SWL?

I would not dismiss this as a possibility, the location is pretty close to Star Wars Land. You normally pile up dirt like that to compress the earth below it, but at the moment they are only doing it on half of the area.

1519692226215.png

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I would not dismiss this as a possibility, the location is pretty close to Star Wars Land. You normally pile up dirt like that to compress the earth below it, but at the moment they are only doing it on half of the area.

View attachment 266936

While anything's possible. That would be really weird to cut off half of their parking lot expansion in preparation for SWL.

S 2

View attachment 266936
It's also worth noting that alley between the buildings as an excellent entry point for potential hotel and park guests...

matt9112

It seems like they will need the space in a few years though.

the cost ratio is still insanely high. I'm pretty sure it's been said to be 100%s (percent wise) more expensive. it's not like going from 100 dollars a spot to 150 a spot it's like going from 100 to 700 ect (random numbers based on nothing factual)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom