DHS Parking lot remodel and expansion

Kman101

Pretty much. Let me reiterate though nothing is confirmed.

Any rough estimate on potential replacements (or significant upgrades) for two certain long-in-the-tooth (but still get a crowd so they "aren't a problem" in the eyes of those who matter) shows? (meaning Beauty and the Beast and Mermaid)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Any rough estimate on potential replacements (or significant upgrades) for two certain long-in-the-tooth (but still get a crowd so they "aren't a problem" in the eyes of those who matter) shows? (meaning Beauty and the Beast and Mermaid)
I’ve not heard anything for a long time now. Until they stop drawing crowds there probably won’t be a rush to do anything.

AKL2003

Of course the shows will draw crowds....there isnt much more for people to see/do at DHS...a vicious cycle if you ask me...the entertainment in the park absolutely needs upgrading...i am hoping the shows ultimately get the attention they need and that guests deserve...

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Awesome thanks, would like to see a Doctor Strange/Mystic Manor type of ride and something for Monsters Inc

Between the new Mickey ride and Star Wars Battle Escape ride, Mystic Manor would be redundant. And you have spooky already in ToT.

What DHS needs are rides that clone the mechanics of
  • Flight of Passage;
  • Shanghai's Pirates;
  • a dark omnimover;
  • interactive comedy animation show (a la Crush, or MonstersILF)
All paired with the appropriate IP for the park.

HauntedMansionFLA

Pretty much all this land is fair game for construction now, they have plenty of space. Worst case they build new parking lots further out and use the current ones for attractions. All the prep work that is currently being done for the new parking would have to be done anyway if they were going to build attractions on it, so little is lost if they decide to convert it in the future.
I
View attachment 264304
I assume parking garages could be built toward the back part of the land marked in blue and would not impact the parks operations.

HauntedMansionFLA

Between the new Mickey ride and Star Wars Battle Escape ride, Mystic Manor would be redundant. And you have spooky already in ToT.

• Flight of Passage;
  • Shanghai's Pirates;
  • a dark omnimover;
Wasn’t there a Yoda animation show like Crush being worked on at one time??

CalebS

• Flight of Passage;
  • Shanghai's Pirates;
  • a dark omnimover;

Remade Alien Encounter would be appropriate in DHS whereas it wasn’t in MK

RSoxNo1

Pretty much all this land is fair game for construction now, they have plenty of space. Worst case they build new parking lots further out and use the current ones for attractions. All the prep work that is currently being done for the new parking would have to be done anyway if they were going to build attractions on it, so little is lost if they decide to convert it in the future.

View attachment 264304
It's a good thing that map had Rosie's All-American Cafe labeled.

RSoxNo1

• Flight of Passage;
  • Shanghai's Pirates;
  • a dark omnimover;
I would welcome a Monster's Inc Land w/Monster's Inc Laugh Floor, Monster's Inc Ride and Go Seek and the Monster's Inc Door Coaster.

deWild

To be honest they’ve known for over a decade.

Any chance that management has been sitting pretty on DHS for a while just in case Universal coughs up the Marvel attraction rights? The studios would be the ideal spot for most of these characters.

Kman101

I don't think WDW is all that concerned about Marvel, IMHO. They aren't sitting around hoping to get the rights some day, maybe (and while it could happen, ANYTHING could, as of the present, right now, it won't happen, Guardians seems to be the only Marvel property being used, though I'd hope they give Baymax more than a meet and greet)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom