DHS Parking lot remodel and expansion

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So they are moving the arrival point to further away?

Yes. Old entrance is under the yellow/orange blobs (the permit-ted Project H) and the swath of grey (new parking lot). The new entrance is the light grey and the red triangles the new carport gate.

1523136869278.png

NoChesterHester

Yes. Old entrance is under the yellow/orange blobs (the permit-ted Project H) and the swath of grey (new parking lot). The new entrance is the light grey and the red triangles the new carport gate.

View attachment 276275

I mean the busses, not the roadway. DHS is currently the most convenient of all the parks departing at the end of a long day due to the proximity of bus stations to the main entry. Looks like they are more than doubling the distance next to where the new gondola station will be. Makes me wonder if they will change the boat dock to arrive and depart there as well.

I assume this has something to do with security.

deWild

I’m still very confused as to why they decided to landlock the Studios. They had a chance to push the park boundaries out further than they were and instead decided to add more parking. Does anyone else feel this way?

After all is said and done, will they even need to push the park out further?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I’m still very confused as to why they decided to landlock the Studios. They had a chance to push the park boundaries out further than they were and instead decided to add more parking. Does anyone else feel this way?

Most of the work they are doing to build the parking lot would have to been done if they were going to build on it, so if they want to expand the park boundaries at some point, they could push the parking out then, or build garages, and then expand the park into the parking lot.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Most of the work they are doing to build the parking lot would have to been done if they were going to build on it, so if they want to expand the park boundaries at some point, they could push the parking out then, or build garages, and then expand the park into the parking lot.

Hopefully it means that in any further expansion, they'll be removing more of the back lot like they did for TSL and create a true hub and spoke park.

Meanwhile, for SWL, they'll need parking. Lots and lots of lots of parking.

deWild

Hopefully it means that in any further expansion, they'll be removing more of the back lot like they did for TSL and create a true hub and spoke park.

Meanwhile, for SWL, they'll need parking. Lots and lots of lots of parking.

Gotcha - parking they will definitely need. And as you and danlb _2000 pointed out, the parking lot work could always be pushed out further, as long as decreased parking is compensated for via structures or other options. Thanks guys.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I want to say originally it was sometime this fall.

Here are the original dates I saw in the contractor bid documents. They appear to be behind this schedule.

6/15/2018 - Limited access to the new DHS entrance
9/1/2018 - Full access to the new DHS entrance
12/17/2018 - Most work done on the Victory/Osceola portion of the project
11/1/2019 - Work complete on the World Dr portion of the project.

Bronson55

Please forgive if answered already but was wondering if as of today ,during construction one is able to take the path frpm boardwalk area along river to DHS or is it blocked off at the construction area near studios?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom