DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

StageFrenzy

I was thinking (probably a bad thing), but they are starting to tease stuff from the new Star Wars movie. Would it be out of the question to make a carefully tailored presentation that drops hints about the new movie? That would have non-park, Star Wars fans diving deep into park stuff for clues.
I don't think that is necessary with all of the promo deals beginning and physical merch and media circulating. If I was a Star Wars fan I would start to go on lock down since details are about to start pour. Think of it like the park projects here, we know something is going on and as more people and contractors get involved we learn exactly what it is before any announcement. Only time we were blindsided was Pandora and that's because only Bob and Cameron were in on it.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Has someone brought up the fact that a lot of property-wide services and offices have their facilities located behind the Studios along Theatre of the Stars Drive? I know that wardrobe for all the parades and shows is back there, along with quite a few administrative offices that can't be fit into TDO.
Yes.

Expect maintenance base, costume and the shops to move. I wouldn't expect the use of the old Animation extension building to change though.

rnese

Maybe Disney is going to build off of what Uni did with potter. Build one emersive experience in DL, say the Death Star, and another emersive experience in WDW, say Endor, and you take a ride on the Malinium Falcon between the two, but you have to have tickets for both parks to do it.
Hey, the way technology continues to evolve, this may actually become reality within at leat my kids' lifetime! Take for instance the teleportation technology I'm working on in my basement. I've been contracted by Joe R. a couple of times already and spot a drone with ears flying over my house on a daily basis!

rnese

Hey, the way technology continues to evolve, this may actually become reality within at leat my kids' lifetime! Take for instance the teleportation technology I'm working on in my basement. I've been contracted by Joe R. a couple of times already and spot a drone with ears flying over my house on a daily basis!
I forgot...Patent Pending!!!

I'm also waiting with baited breath as to how they plan on reincorporating the BBH!!!! (Maniacal laugh...)

ULPO46

Yes but the thing of Wizarding World is, Universal and Islands of Adventure is next to each other. I don't know about you but a tourist is spending 5,000 dollars just to come down a week to Orlando will have to dish out now extra to buy air fare to LAX and go to Anaheim. It's just not reasonable. Wizarding World in Universal City, Los Angles will be an exact copy of what you see in Orlando. You can see satellite images of them building Diagon Alley. Or read articles from the LA Times. Disney won't do that. I just want to put that out there.

ULPO46

Not exactly.
What is different. From what I've read in the LA times maybe a new ride, but same Hogwarts, same Hogsmeade Village. Not impressive. I don't want Disney to half a star wars plan if by an act of god that's exactly what they will do. I still have doubts they want more than just Star Tours at DHS. But with the closures it sounds logical. After all a few years ago there were those infamous rumors of a star wars only park. But for now all we will get is a land. It's just like what happened with me back in 2007 when Universal and Warner Brothers announced WW. I thought it would be where the new resort was built. But all we got was a land which honestly has felt super crowded since the 5 hours I spent in line the day it opened.

ULPO46

For renaming the park the reason why it will not be renamed MGM is because Metro Goldwyn Mayer and Disney don't have the contract anymore that's why MGM Studios had to change it's name to Hollywood Studios. It was a huge PR Mess and if you look closely a lot of things that remain in the backlot storage facility still have signs and objects that have the Disney's-MGM Studios Logo all over them. I wish these things end up on auction because i'd attempt to purchase them. Anyways, Adventure could in theory be the popular assumption but lets just wait until tomorrow for at least the slightest hint. If it sucks, expect the name to change again in another 3-6 years. But MGM didn't change it's name because they felt it had to. It was contract issues with the MGM Film Studios and TWDC.

BrianLo

Not exactly.

I tuned out somewhere between the time Tokyo gained 3D and a pretty lake (but worse show building issues) and Hollywood announcing they too will be building a clone of a 16 year old over-laid kiddie coaster.

I hope there are changes, but I wonder if they are driven by space restrictions more than actual willingness.

The good news is, for once, the quintessential experience is definitely in Florida!

ULPO46

Probably just moving the queue or something? There were rumors of moving the entrances of Rock n Roll and Tower of terror. Maybe this is somewhat of a sign.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom