DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

ToTBellHop

Why has all Pixar ride talk been so uninspiring?

I understand the need for TSPL and don't have a problem with that, but what else? They hold some of the best and most relevant IP in the world, and there's very little I've heard even suggested that exploits this.

The Incredibles? Monsters inc? Up?

If a half baked RSR knock off and a TSPL is all they can manage then we have problems.
We don't know what the PIXAR E ticket will be, but it should have one.

DisneyGigi

Forgive me if I am just not seeing it on here but is it true that some things like Walt's desk and office have been removed from OMD? Read it on another site.

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
Just a couple of thoughts regarding Star Wars in the parks...

• If I recall correctly, Miceage had previously shared that, according to their sources, work on Marvel/Star Wars attractions would not take place there until after the 60th anniversary celebration concluded. If they are correct, that would suggest no major in-park construction in Anaheim until late 2016. With this in mind, I'd also be surprised if there are many specifics at D23 about future DLR expansion.
  • Scott Trowbridge is heading up the project studio dedicated to the Star Wars franchise. He is also the portfolio lead at DLR. If Disney moves forward with SW in Orlando and Anaheim, I'm curious if Scott will directly oversee the addition of the related land at DL and DHS or assign Imagineer lieutenants for each park to manage execution? I would expect the former. However, that would probably mean one of the parks is not seeing related construction for 2 or 3 years (or, if DHS goes second and the DL starts after the 60th, probably 4 years).

I think you're reading a bit into the timetable.

planodisney

Sometimes I'm too blunt for my own good, but can I respectfully say that all this talk about DL is going to get amazing e-tickets and WDW 'will get cheap substitutes is ridiculous. Do you really think DHS is going to get 2 billion dollars worth of spinners. I fully expect DHS's version to be at least on par with the DL version but most likely superior. I love DL but was somewhat worried that WDW was going to be getting the short end of the stick on lands and attractions heading into the future because it seemed like there were quite a few guys in charge on the creative end, Lasseter as an example, who have a personal attachment to DL. However, Pandora and the DHS plans have put that fear to rest.

Disneyhead'71

I was thinking (probably a bad thing), but they are starting to tease stuff from the new Star Wars movie. Would it be out of the question to make a carefully tailored presentation that drops hints about the new movie? That would have non-park, Star Wars fans diving deep into park stuff for clues.

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
Sometimes I'm too blunt for my own good, but can I respectfully say that all this talk about DL is going to get amazing e-tickets and WDW 'will get cheap substitutes is ridiculous. Do you really think DHS is going to get 2 billion dollars worth of spinners. I fully expect DHS's version to be at least on par with the DL version but most likely superior. I love DL but was somewhat worried that WDW was going to be getting the short end of the stick on lands and attractions heading into the future because it seemed like there were quite a few guys in charge on the creative end, Lasseter as an example, who have a personal attachment to DL. However, Pandora and the DHS plans have put that fear to rest.

Blunt is rather well-respected around here. At least by me, anyways.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom