DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

Mike S

Wow. And that's for... two rides. I know they are aiming high for the overall quality of the land, which is a good thing, but I hope there are some other quality non-ride attractions included in that price.
It really makes you wonder where the heck that money goes when similar quality expansions are done for much less. Who the heck is running the books at WDI?

doctornick

Admittedly, a billion doesn't go as far as it used to :cool: but t does seem like Disney is finally willing to spend some money. We can only hope that Imagineering makes the best creative use of what they are given.

That's my thing... I am thrilled that Disney is willing to invest heavily in the theme parks finally. Star Wars should be getting $1B to build because the IP and its popularity warrants it. But it feels like we should be seeing more developed for such huge sums. Somewhere along the line, WDI has to get more efficient with their budgets so that more can be developed for the same cost.

MagicHappens1971

@Mike S didn't you read an article about a third attraction for SWL that got cut because of the budget? Something like a Peoplemover type of attraction?
According to MiceChat a people mover style attraction was planned, and TDA was pushing for it, and allegedly while it was still the "One Disney" thing TDO pulled their trump card and had the third attraction axed as they didn't wanna pay for it. Just what I read, not sure the truth behind all of it

HauntedMansionFLA

Well My Disney Experience cost over $2 billion and resulted in 0 rides. We're skewing in the right direction.
I forgot :) I will be experiencing the Disney Magic for the first time using the magic bands in a few months. There is a lot more planning than before, I like to go with the flow but don't want to get the stews put to me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom