DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

Rich T

Isn't that how the Fantasyland dark rides are as well?
The difference for me is that the FL rides move more quickly past figures that have no more than a quick burst of dialogue. On Monster's Inc., you have plenty of time to stare at those motionless Mikes and Sullies blathering on and on. Seriously, I can't think of a more dialogue-heavy classic-style dark ride. I'm sure it's all due to having to stick to SL's track layout and ride system.

zengoth

Adventureland. Not a thrill ride in sight at MK, TDL, or HKDL.
I'm sure that in the early 70s a couple of boat rides, a treehouse and a bird show were the heights of thrill, but probably not for today's [younger] audiences. (insert correct emoji here)
Ok, ok, I admit to snark and I swear I am not a thrill ride advocate by any stretch and am fully on the side of quality immersive attractions. I'm just hoping with a studios and an adventure island just down the road a piece that the Disney Imagination will come up with a unique brand/identity (as opposed to just a name) for its 2.0 theme park.

brb1006

The difference for me is that the FL rides move more quickly past figures that have no more than a quick burst of dialogue. On Monster's Inc., you have plenty of time to stare at those motionless Mikes and Sullies blathering on and on. Seriously, I can't think of a more dialogue-heavy classic-style dark ride. I'm sure it's all due to having to stick to SL's track layout and ride system.
Especially the Pooh and Peter Pan rides.

Monoblanco13

It's a basically a plussed version of the Buzz Lightyear ride except that this time you are shining your lights on the monsters instead of shooting them and no score counter.
I wouldn't particularly want this attraction in WDW either but it looks like fun. I kinda feel that each park should have their own attractions instead of copies. That way I am more enticed to visit the others ( I am still planning on to regardless). Well back to the long wait on the next DHS update lol

Magenta Panther

Unless things have changed, be prepared for an "Adventure"....

*1023*

Yeah, even though there's already an Adventureland. Figures, what with the mentality that's running WDW these days. What's the new name going to be, Disney's Movie Adventureland, or something lame like that?

TeddyinMO

Yeah, even though there's already an Adventureland. Figures, what with the mentality that's running WDW these days. What's the new name going to be, Disney's Movie Adventureland, or something lame like that?
I realize it's your goal to whine about everything and claim WDW is awful, but you do realize there's an Adventureland in Disneyland and a "California Adventure" park right next door, right? And, I'm pretty sure it's been that way for 15 years now. I think most people can figure it out.

Magenta Panther

I realize it's your goal to whine about everything and claim WDW is awful, but you do realize there's an Adventureland in Disneyland and a "California Adventure" park right next door, right? And, I'm pretty sure it's been that way for 15 years now. I think most people can figure it out.

Golly, and I just praised WDW's Christmas party in another thread, so you kinda just blew your cred there, pal. But then pixie-dusters do tend to narrow their focus on posts that dare to criticize the parks in any way, and make ignorant assumptions. Whatevs.

As for the DCA name, it's lame too, always was, even more so now that the park's a far cry from what it once was (also lame). I think TDA ought to drop the dumb name and call the whole thing Disneyland. That's the name people use when they want to visit a certain park in Anaheim, anyway, so why not?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom