DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

Mike S

Could we please stop quoting the $100.00 a day ticket price when almost no one ever pays that amount. The average is about $60.00 per day and there still is $60.00 worth of stuff to do. No one is forced, at gunpoint, to pay a nickel to go there. If we don't think it is worth the entrance price, all we simply have to do is not to go there. See how simple that was. Now lets move on and try and keep the drama down.
You'd be surprised what I've read on this site about how many people actually buy tickets every day of their trip.
I don't go to the parks just for the rides, it is the all over experience I want. Sometimes it is nice just to wander round take in the sights and sounds or grab a drink and something to eat and pass the time people watching.
That is true but it's also nice to have plenty of options as well. Look at Tokyo DisneySea. Beautiful park that you could spend all day exploring and plenty to actually do as well.

Matt_Black

And regarding the cost, I've said it before and I'll say it again- I don't think anybody is paying a full price single day ticket to DHS.

LieutLaww

Hello There
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
I can't say anything about the cost tbh as I come over from the UK so normally have a 14 day pass so everything is included.

Dice50

You are absolutely everything that's wrong with the themed entertainment industry today, congratulations.

The over-medicated ADD generation needs RIDESRIDESRIDES!!!!!!11!!!1! or they're not happy. DHS has never been about rides, nor should it be. It has a lot of problems in its current state, but an increase in the number of non-ride "attractions" would be just as valuable to help solve those problems as new rides would be.

This guy gets it.

Yeah people tend to go to amusement parks to go on rides, shocking revelation!! Based on the amount of likes/posts you seem like a Disney super fan who enjoys all the other things you can do at the parks, and that's great. I'm just telling you 99% of the general public thinks of Disneyworld has the king of all amusement parks. They remember going there as a kid and thinking it was fun and want to take their kids there. They should do their own research ahead of time and realize that at least 1 of the 4 parks is basically non-functioning at this point. It's faulty advertising to represent that you have four fully functioning theme parks when you don't.

Supporting Disney regardless of how crappy they let things get, is why they get away with it. It is reasonable to expect any theme park that charges that much to have 15-20 rides. They don't all have to be E-tickets but a lot of them should be. Then you can have as many shows or other experiences as your heart desires. You shouldn't have to choose. Again, people should research this on their own before deciding to go on a trip (just like "refurbishments") but most people that don't live in Fl or CA who make a Disneyworld trip once or twice while their kids are young, don't do this. I feel bad for them.

Matt_Black

So, let's say they DID close down DHS until it's done. What happens to all the Cast Members? That's a fair amount of employees, too many to shuffle to other areas. Lay them off?

Dice50

So, let's say they DID close down DHS until it's done. What happens to all the Cast Members? That's a fair amount of employees, too many to shuffle to other areas. Lay them off?

I'd keep the park open, drop admission to $30-$40/day, and just make it clear that DHS is under major construction and there are only 5 rides open at this time + some shows. Problem solved.

Matt_Black

I'd keep the park open, drop admission to $30-$40/day, and just make it clear that DHS is under major construction and there are only 5 rides open at this time + some shows. Problem solved.

Okay, now how does that affect multi-day tickets and AP rates? Because, again, most visiting DHS are using multi-day passes, and the few people who are only visiting for a day are most likely FL residents who already get a discount.

tumblr_ms0oazCbFe1sei4igo1_500.gif

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The over-medicated ADD generation needs RIDESRIDESRIDES!!!!!!11!!!1! or they're not happy. DHS has never been about rides, nor should it be. It has a lot of problems in its current state, but an increase in the number of non-ride "attractions" would be just as valuable to help solve those problems as new rides would be..
Half a dozen of each then? That'd keep both camps happy.

That's in addition to, not replacing current offerings of course.

Jones14

Was really hoping that was finally going to go. That whole animation area is a disaster with the biggest building being empty once launch bay closes. Hopefully at least a volm replacement will be decent.
It will probably never go. That thing swallows children, and the occasional updates keep it relevant to what's popular on Disney Jr. It's not a bad show, it just fills a niche. You've gotta have something for the four year old and dad to do while the kids ride tower of terror.

Clyde Birdbrain

Unknown Member

I think a better solution, while the park is under construction, would be to allow people to park hop between Epcot and DHS without a hopper ticket. Buying a single day ticket for either park would allow you to visit both parks. They could increase boat service between the two parks during this period.

Dice50

Okay, now how does that affect multi-day tickets and AP rates? Because, again, most visiting DHS are using multi-day passes, and the few people who are only visiting for a day are most likely FL residents who already get a discount.

tumblr_ms0oazCbFe1sei4igo1_500.gif

I'd make multi-day tickets and AP rates cheaper as well because you aren't paying for four parks, you're paying for 3 1/4 right now so those prices should reflect that as well. It's actually pretty well thought out.. you're offering less of a product, charge less OR charge as much as you want just make it clear what people are paying for.

Goofyernmost

You'd be surprised what I've read on this site about how many people actually buy tickets every day of their trip.
I believe if you investigate that a little closer you will find that the vast majority of the day tickets are for MK. Almost no one buys a day ticket for DHS unless they are brain dead. (not out of the reach of possibility, but still) Before anyone would want to spend money for a day ticket for DHS they would have to have a reason for going that is important. Most will go when it is part of a multi-day ticket, but, I know I wouldn't ever think about a day ticket to there at this point in time.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I believe if you investigate that a little closer you will find that the vast majority of the day tickets are for MK. Almost no one buys a day ticket for DHS unless they are brain dead. (not out of the reach of possibility, but still) Before anyone would want to spend money for a day ticket for DHS they would have to have a reason for going that is important. Most will go when it is part of a multi-day ticket, but, I know I wouldn't ever think about a day ticket to there at this point in time.
Is your new avatar you?

(The young one of course :D )

dm11

Among other things, Orlando is conference town. A lot of people come on business and have only a day or two to spare at parks. And they are often without families then so park decisions will be different. DHS still has some unique rides that may be compelling to get you in there - in my case Star Tours and GMR (yes, GMR), people with more thrill-oriented taste might say ToT or Aerosmith. Then you are basically facing a choice to either fork over $100 for 3-4 rides you really want to go to or pick another park.

Goofyernmost

Among other things, Orlando is conference town. A lot of people come on business and have only a day or two to spare at parks. And they are often without families then so park decisions will be different. DHS still has some unique rides that may be compelling to get you in there - in my case Star Tours and GMR (yes, GMR), people with more thrill-oriented taste might say ToT or Aerosmith. Then you are basically facing a choice to either fork over $100 for 3-4 rides you really want to go to or pick another park.
They are being forced only by their own desire. No one has to go there and if they will pay that much money, then to them it is worth it. Those of us that won't pay that much are the ones saying it is too expensive. Both of us are correct. I only go there because I have multi-day tickets with park hopper. Otherwise, I have no problem passing by it and doing something else.

doctornick

One of the things I always mention is that according to Disneyland & WDWs websites, Disneyland & DCA has more "attractions" then all four WDW parks. I don't get how TWDCs "flagship" resort gets treated like a cash cow and is left to rot.

That's not true. DLR has more rides overall, but WDW has more total attractions due to a larger number of shows, walk throughs, etc.

I'm not saying that to excuse WDW though, as it should have a much larger number of rides and overall attractions given that there are 4 theme parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom