DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

cheezbat

Diagon was actually around $400 million. I've been corrected on that a few times. I'm really surprised at the cost of VB. I know it's mostly slides but add in all the theming and detail and I'm stunned it's that low. Meanwhile Disney can only give us TSL for that price.

*smh*

How much did TL and BB cost?
I wasn't sure of Diagon's exact cost. I've heard so many numbers thrown around but $400 million sounds good for what was built.
Someone I know told me Volcano Bay cost a bit more than Yas Waterworld in Abu Dahbi...and that park was estimated to cost $235 million.

I could be wrong but the numbers ive heard for Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach were around $80-$100 million, but of course those parks were built 27 and 21 years ago so who knows what they'd cost with inflation.

HowAboutDisney

I have a question, why hasn't the video at least been updated to HQ on "the voyage of little mermaid" ? That couldn't take a lot of time or money todo.. Sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong area..

OldBlueEyes

Just in from BioReconstruct (with more on his site):
CrTETC9WIAAvBkI.jpg

OBE

Disneybear

Exactly! By my count DHS will still only have 9 rides after this. A renovated animation courtyard adding maybe two rides would get us to 11 then maybe an IJ ride in Echo lake replacing the stunt show would get us to 12. If we also had a proper pixar land we probably could've had closer to 15. I saw a list somewhere of the standings of Disney ride numbers by park if I can find I'll post it though I think most know who the bottom feeders are.

A ride in animation courtyard, hmmmm. If only they had plans for a ride involving say Mickey Mouse, that would be a great fit in this location.

G00fyDad

I really think Disney is making a logistical blunder by not opening the back side of the park to traffic flow to and from TSL. This is just going to cause more people into a choke point in and out of SWL. Or are they actually going to have another entrance/exit from the backside of the park besides the one to SWL?
DHS.jpg

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I really think Disney is making a logistical blunder by not opening the back side of the park to traffic flow to and from TSL. This is just going to cause more people into a choke point in and out of SWL. Or are they actually going to have another entrance/exit from the backside of the park besides the one to SWL?
View attachment 158871
TSL will be accessed via what was the Narnia / Jack Sparrow / Lottery Stage 4 building footprint.

And at the southern end via SWL.

Goofyernmost

img_8283-jpg.159108

Lights,Motors,Action stadium is officially history as of today courtesy of @WDWtraveler for the latest photo.
I have a question about that Quonset hut. Wasn't there one on the original backlot tour that they said was a filming location "pool" for the Hulk Hogan TV program... I don't remember the name of it. Is that the same hut or was that added later for some other reason?

Matt_Black

I have a question about that Quonset hut. Wasn't there one on the original backlot tour that they said was a filming location "pool" for the Hulk Hogan TV program... I don't remember the name of it. Is that the same hut or was that added later for some other reason?

Can't answer the rest of the question, but the show you're thinking of was called "Thunder in Paradise" wherein Hulk Hogan and Chris Lemmon fought for justice with the help of their high-tech crime-fighting boat. Many spots in WDW were used, including the Grand Floridian, the Indy Stunt Show, the Morocco and UK Pavilions, Cinderella Castle, the Living Seas, and Discovery Island. While not a GREAT show, it's better than the majority of movies that the Hulkster has starred in, which is admittedly a low bar to clear.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

I don't know what it was originally used for, but recently has been used for fireworks preparation.

Goofyernmost

Can't answer the rest of the question, but the show you're thinking of was called "Thunder in Paradise" wherein Hulk Hogan and Chris Lemmon fought for justice with the help of their high-tech crime-fighting boat. Many spots in WDW were used, including the Grand Floridian, the Indy Stunt Show, the Morocco and UK Pavilions, Cinderella Castle, the Living Seas, and Discovery Island. While not a GREAT show, it's better than the majority of movies that the Hulkster has starred in, which is admittedly a low bar to clear.
I knew it was Paradise something, but, wasn't sure enough to say it. Perhaps I can ask @marni1971.

Mike S

Is it worth a watch just to see the locations?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom