DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

Rutt

Maybe its just me but it seems like what we now know is pretty close to nil :(

I cannot see them seriously cutting even more from TSL than they have already. Is this what they are seriously discussing? Im normally not a doom and gloomer but if this is the case, seriously why even bother?

MagicHappens1971

Maybe its just me but it seems like what we now know is pretty close to nil :(

I cannot see them seriously cutting even more from TSL than they have already. Is this what they are seriously discussing? Im normally not a doom and gloomer but if this is the case, seriously why even bother?
This is what was said, it's not really clear of whether or not it's budgetary yet.
Maybe and maybe parts re-imagined. Yet again depends who wins the knife fight in Flower Street.

Progress.City

RED=TOYSTORY
MICKEY MOVIE RIDE=YELLOW
STARWARS=BLACK

LIME=Future expansions
View attachment 154610
Also makes a great sherbet smoothie! Good too with tequila and rum!

image.jpeg

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Last edited:

No Name

RED=TOYSTORY
MICKEY MOVIE RIDE=YELLOW
STARWARS=BLACK

LIME=Future expansions
View attachment 154610

Not correct. The Mickey ride isn't planned to go in the yellow area (that's the hub...). It's replacing GMR, which you have covered in the southeast portion of the red area.

I say this in part to help you, but primarily because it's bad to post incorrect maps and such (without posing them as a question). A random person might stroll through this thread, believe that your drawing is accurate, and as a result leave with false information. Do you see what I mean?

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. Or look through other threads that contain great maps and drawings of the big laddie ions coming to DHS. Those will be sure to paint you a clearer picture.

doctornick

With all the talk of the parades at MK, it made me wonder about DHS. At one point, it was expected that the backstage buildings for DHS that were used for parade support would need to be demolished, but they are behind Indy (right?) so don't seem to be on the chopping block in the short term. So....

1. Is there plans long term for DHS to have the capability for parades and might there be any coming in the future? It would be nice to have a larger scale daytime entertainment offering.

2. Whatever happened to Pixar Block Party Bash? I know it wasn't the most popular parade around here, but does it still exist in storage somewhere? Because it seems like it would be nice to restart that at DHS as an additional "thing to do" during the day in the park which could use it and I don't see any operational reason in the park why it could not be running (beyond just being cheap).

Jones14

Beauty and the Beast will open a new(ish) version of the show around the same time as the release of the live action movie. That's the goal, anyway. No idea if the theatre will be enclosed, but some much needed updates will be coming (costumes, scenery, music, choreo). Think of it as a facelift rather than a total overhaul.

Tangled is the replacement for Mermaid. Supposedly, it's based on the DCL show, but I assume this means from a tech perspective, as the DCL version is long for a theme park and takes place in a larger theatre anyways. Either way, the closing is (was?) slated to be within a year from now, with work immediately beginning to transform the space.

The timeline for Tangled could be wonky, though; my source was uncertain about Great Movie Ride and Rivers of Lights' fates, so she's certainly not all-knowing, and I could easily see Tangled being pushed back or forward based on where we are with The Great Mickey Ride. Beast is coming first, though.

MagicHappens1971

Beauty and the Beast will open a new(ish) version of the show around the same time as the release of the live action movie. That's the goal, anyway. No idea if the theatre will be enclosed, but some much needed updates will be coming (costumes, scenery, music, choreo). Think of it as a facelift rather than a total overhaul.

Tangled is the replacement for Mermaid. Supposedly, it's based on the DCL show, but I assume this means from a tech perspective, as the DCL version is long for a theme park and takes place in a larger theatre anyways. Either way, the closing is (was?) slated to be within a year from now, with work immediately beginning to transform the space.

The timeline for Tangled could be wonky, though; my source was uncertain about Great Movie Ride and Rivers of Lights' fates, so she's certainly not all-knowing, and I could easily see Tangled being pushed back or forward based on where we are with The Great Mickey Ride. Beast is coming first, though.
How long is Tangled? Because Frozen at the Hyperion is over an hour

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom