DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

Hula Popper

I don't see why a park has to have some unifying theme among the different lands.

20160221-sf-parents-3ayb.gif

Daveeeeed

Same here. Even though its for the best that SGE goes, I would definitely hate to see the character leave the Magic Kingdom entirely. Preferably, I'd like to see an innovative Stitch dark ride in its place. Like America Sings back at DL in the 1980's, those animatronics are too good to go to waste.
Yeah, it does have good animatronics, but I wouldn't put it in its place, instead it could work better in Adventureland, or best HWS.

Donaldfan1934

Yeah, it does have good animatronics, but I wouldn't put it in its place, instead it could work better in Adventureland, or best HWS.
The preference all depends on which Stitch you want to see. if you want to see domesticated (relatively speaking) Hawaii Stitch, put it in Adventureland. If you want to see the wild Experiment 626 Stitch, put it in Tomorrowland. I can see ways they can do both.

Aqueeta

Is there a timeline chart that has the projected completion dates for all of these projects? We are wanting to start planning a trip and it would be good to have some idea when all of these new rides will be accessible. Thanks.

Jones14

According to the GMR thread, TSL is having even more changes considered. What's unclear is whether the changes will be positive or negative, although apparently the most recent art reflects the 5th incarnation of the area.

I'm thinking that the budget has once again been reallocated, and that it's now a question of where the funds are going, and someone's fighting for Toy Story to get some of its budget back. I could be wrong, though.

EDIT: I just saw that WDI is being reorganized (i.e. firing some people). Based on what @SirLink said in the TCM thread, I'm assuming that the DHS plans are being looked at in conjunction with this. I have a feeling that TSL in particular is being looked at both to trim more money off of it (which is valid, the price tag is still ridiculous) while increasing the quality of what will be there. Link mentioned that there's a back and forth regarding budget vs. reimagination of the area, which would fall in line with this.

Last edited:

Daveeeeed

The preference all depends on which Stitch you want to see. if you want to see domesticated (relatively speaking) Hawaii Stitch, put it in Adventureland. If you want to see the wild Experiment 626 Stitch, put it in Tomorrowland. I can see ways they can do both.
In that sense yes, but a perfect Tomorrowland would not have any ips, and be solely about the future, instead of current times in space. But I wouldn't mind not having a Stitch ride in mk, but hopefully there will someday be something Stitch in hws, or even a nice ride in Mk. You never know.

SirLink

According to the GMR thread, TSL is having even more changes considered. What's unclear is whether the changes will be positive or negative, although apparently the most recent art reflects the 5th incarnation of the area.

I'm thinking that the budget has once again been reallocated, and that it's now a question of where the funds are going, and someone's fighting for Toy Story to get some of its budget back. I could be wrong, though.

EDIT: I just saw that WDI is being reorganized (i.e. firing some people). Based on what @SirLink said in the TCM thread, I'm assuming that the DHS plans are being looked at in conjunction with this. I have a feeling that TSL in particular is being looked at both to trim more money off of it (which is valid, the price tag is still ridiculous) while increasing the quality of what will be there. Link mentioned that there's a back and forth regarding budget vs. reimagination of the area, which would fall in line with this.

Nope I mentioned their was a knife fight: that fight is NOT reimagination vs budget.

Herbie

While we're waiting for TSL and SWL, they really need to get started on replacements for Frozen and the Little Mermaid, as well as a new Star Wars film for the Sounds Dangerous theater. Get that done, and they can start on the (hopefully former) Beauty and the Beast theater. That and the Muppets restaurants should hold things over, along with a Villains themed event for Sept - Nov next year, if they were smart.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom