DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

Biff215

I'm sure, unfortunately. Everything *should* be pretty much settled by 2019 (DHS' 30th anniversary), along with Star Wars Land.
I hope so, although with SWL opening that creates other issues like what to do with Launch Bay. If Indy survives that long there's another hole to fill, as a stunt show doesn't seem to match the evolving theme they seem to be adopting. I hope they have this all planned out, but I fear they may be so focused on Star Wars that everything else will be an afterthought.

RobbinsDad

According to the GMR thread, TSL is having even more changes considered. What's unclear is whether the changes will be positive or negative, although apparently the most recent art reflects the 5th incarnation of the area.

I'm thinking that the budget has once again been reallocated, and that it's now a question of where the funds are going, and someone's fighting for Toy Story to get some of its budget back. I could be wrong, though.

EDIT: I just saw that WDI is being reorganized (i.e. firing some people). Based on what @SirLink said in the TCM thread, I'm assuming that the DHS plans are being looked at in conjunction with this. I have a feeling that TSL in particular is being looked at both to trim more money off of it (which is valid, the price tag is still ridiculous) while increasing the quality of what will be there. Link mentioned that there's a back and forth regarding budget vs. reimagination of the area, which would fall in line with this.
Reducing costs and increasing quality. Right...

dm11

Reducing costs and increasing quality. Right...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_management_triangle

If you want faster and cheaper, it won't be better
If you want better and cheaper it won't be faster
If you want better and faster it won't be cheaper

I obviously prefer option #3 but hey, it's not my money :). The problem Disney has is that they want it cheaper but somehow it is never really cheap. Their price tag for anything they build is simply way over the top. And because they attempt to make it cheaper the quality (whether number of rides or actual ride quality) and/or building time suffer. There is something fundamentally wrong in the way they approach project management.

WildRide

is it too far fetched to hold out hope that an extended exit from star tours would "transport" you to then new star wars land (after the ride is over, you walk through a cue to a back entrance to the land? I'd just hate to see Start Tours leave :(

DisneyManOne

I know this is probably a very stupid question, but is it true that Star Wars and Toy Story will really be located right next to each other?
CgpPI9gU4AAGZwa.jpg

RobbinsDad

Yeah, I've been a little confused by this too, and that clarifies things. It also seems to lead to the potential conclusion that the part of SOA that runs from Star Tours to the new SWL, with Muppets on the left, could be themed with Star Wars to create a seamless theme between the two areas, however the entrance to Muppet Courtyard would be from this street. If that's the case, I don't see a problem with it.

Donaldfan1934

In that sense yes, but a perfect Tomorrowland would not have any ips, and be solely about the future, instead of current times in space. But I wouldn't mind not having a Stitch ride in mk, but hopefully there will someday be something Stitch in hws, or even a nice ride in Mk. You never know.
Again, I think it depends on what floats your boat. Personally, I'm fine with TL being the sci-if future that never was and FW being the future of science fact. Its hard to argue for something like Space Mountain being a fact based interpretation on space travel.

RobbinsDad

I know the insiders can't reveal too much, but the day-to-day decision waffling about what's coming and going, in addition to the employee shakeups, leads me to think there are some very tense discussions and opposing factions developing behind the scenes, regarding the very future and (for lack of a better word) soul of Hollywood Studios and Epcot. I think if all the decision influencers at Parks & Resorts were on board with a GotG ride at WDW, it would have been decided and announced by now. The back-and-forth and delay to me can only mean that it's not just about where the ride will go and what it will look like, but the impact the ride would have on overall park synergy. I may be overthinking it, but the rumors seem so strange that maybe wiser people are starting to think about the long-term effects of (insert IP here) in the parks.

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese
They should just keep Star Tours the ride the same with light retheming to make it so you are boarding in one place to travel to a new area in the galaxy (exit in SWL).

My guess is that they end up changing the simulator to another IP all together.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom