DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

G00fyDad

I doubt they will use either Kingdom, Cinematic, or Adventure in the name. That's just my opinion, but it just seems silly to use any of that for this park. I am still wondering if they plan to incorporate anything at all to do with movies into this new park. They may decide to steer any thoughts of movies away from the new redesign. I know, that sounds stupid considering the IP's they are dropping into the park. However, they are rebranding this park and since it previously stood for movies and their production TWDC may decide that this park (while having great movie IP's in the park) will not be associated so directly with movies. This way it will be less likely to be confused with the previous park's concept. (Confused yet?) I thought the park would be called Disney's Hollywoodland for a while, but even that is too close to a movies concept. I have no idea what they could use for the name, but I think it will be pretty far removed from anything to do with movies, Hollywood, or the cinemas.

matt9112

*Alley, but I never said size matters. In which it does. I've been to Diagon Alley, it is very cramped.

I have never been cramped inside tbere....no overbearing crowds. Lets be real tommorowlands stroller park is more crowded than diagon.

Point is you can make 14 acres well. Or very poorly done size itself is irrelevant we have already seen the first cuts to slinky.

gmajew

Premium Member
I have never been cramped inside tbere....no overbearing crowds. Lets be real tommorowlands stroller park is more crowded than diagon.

Point is you can make 14 acres well. Or very poorly done size itself is irrelevant we have already seen the first cuts to slinky.

Well yeah it is because it has 10M more visitors a year then that park.... LOL

DisneyFans4Life

I doubt they will use either Kingdom, Cinematic, or Adventure in the name. That's just my opinion, but it just seems silly to use any of that for this park. I am still wondering if they plan to incorporate anything at all to do with movies into this new park. They may decide to steer any thoughts of movies away from the new redesign. I know, that sounds stupid considering the IP's they are dropping into the park. However, they are rebranding this park and since it previously stood for movies and their production TWDC may decide that this park (while having great movie IP's in the park) will not be associated so directly with movies. This way it will be less likely to be confused with the previous park's concept. (Confused yet?) I thought the park would be called Disney's Hollywoodland for a while, but even that is too close to a movies concept. I have no idea what they could use for the name, but I think it will be pretty far removed from anything to do with movies, Hollywood, or the cinemas.
My wife and I were just talking about this the other night. The direction that this park is going in is definitely away from any kind of "movies" or "studio." IMO, it's a park with a bit of identity crisis. Half of the park is going to be Star Wars and Toy Stoy, but then you have this other half of the park with RNRC and ToT and Sunset Blvd. There is going to have to be a lot more work done to make this park seem like one unit versus parts just put together.

JohnWD

My wife and I were just talking about this the other night. The direction that this park is going in is definitely away from any kind of "movies" or "studio." IMO, it's a park with a bit of identity crisis. Half of the park is going to be Star Wars and Toy Stoy, but then you have this other half of the park with RNRC and ToT and Sunset Blvd. There is going to have to be a lot more work done to make this park seem like one unit versus parts just put together.
"Identify crisis" seems strong to me. It could be as simple as 3 lands - SWL, TSL, and Hollywood Land. HL is the crescent encompassing RnR, ToT, TGMR, and Indiana Jones/ Muppets.

doctornick

I don't see why a park has to have some unifying theme among the different lands. It's more important for each individual land to be thematically cohesive.

Furthermore, as much as a mess as it is, DHS is probably still more sensible than Universal Studios park which is just a random collection of attractions often in nonsensical location (e.g. Revenge of the Mummy in the "New York" area of the park) -- though Uni has a much better selection of attraction lineup than DHS. Diagon Alley and the Simpsons being the only parts of the park with much actual cohesive theming.

bhg469

I don't see why a park has to have some unifying theme among the different lands. It's more important for each individual land to be thematically cohesive.

Furthermore, as much as a mess as it is, DHS is probably still more sensible than Universal Studios park which is just a random collection of attractions often in nonsensical location (e.g. Revenge of the Mummy in the "New York" area of the park) -- though Uni has a much better selection of attraction lineup than DHS. Diagon Alley and the Simpsons being the only parts of the park with much actual cohesive theming.
That is a good point but their hands are tied with what they have and you could argue that they did a wonderful job on those 3 huge projects. Nintendo will be the real test. Id imagine they have their work cut out for them.

Mike S

That is a good point but their hands are tied with what they have and you could argue that they did a wonderful job on those 3 huge projects. Nintendo will be the real test. Id imagine they have their work cut out for them.
Oh yeah. If they botch Nintendo these boards will never hear the end of it from me. Thankfully I think that's very unlikely from what we've heard :)

JT3000

USF's general theme template -- a production studio with "backlot" areas based on various real and fictional cities -- is pretty sensible, even if it has lead to some awkward attraction locations. It's a better option than basic "studio" or "backstage" theming, which DHS has always suffered from an abundance of. USF, by contrast, only has one area which uses that motif.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom