DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

Haymarket2008

I'd prefer something new, but if they actually put some effort into making it a Broadway quality show, I'd accept it. But it's once again a case of keeping something that's been going on forever. Why can't we ever get something new. Sigh. Why not give us the Tangled musical like the cruise line received, or do they want to be a unique offering for DCL?

Will the theater still have bleacher seating? LMAO. I guess that would be the 'major facelift' including an enclosure.

Wonder how long they're going to milk the not awful but far from quality Frozen Sing-Along at the Hyperion. Anyone hear of rumblings about that? Why can't we get the musical DCA is getting as well?

Not asking you specifically all of this, just throwing it all out there because DHS needs show updates in a bad way.

And hopefully they do something during the daytime in the Fantasmic! theater (Is Tangled still on the table?)

I wish I knew the answers to those questions. But I totally agree, I'd prefer if they just moved on and put a totally different property in. I'd love it to be Tangled.

let me ask this because indy 4 got such terrible reviews, is that the reason why we really did'nt see a new IJ attraction appear at the studios after it got released in 2008? Or it would'nt have mattered even if it got a superb review? Obviously not the best Indiana Jones film yes the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

Kman101

let me ask this because indy 4 got such terrible reviews, is that the reason why we really did'nt see a new IJ attraction appear at the studios after it got released in 2008? Or it would'nt have mattered even if it got a superb review? Obviously not the best Indiana Jones film yes the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

Because the company doesn't like to spend money in the swamps. They've more or less *had* to the last several years.

AEfx

Disney doesn't care about reviews - the film still made nearly 800M dollars at the box office alone (and that's in 2008 dollars - it would be over a billion today, especially if it were in 3D which it almost undoubtedly would have been). And Indy 5 is coming.

They never did it at the Studios because they just haven't been investing in anything other than little projects there since the turn of the century. The money didn't not go to Indy because of the critical reviews of the film, but because the money didn't go anywhere at the Studios.

Brian Swan

A friend of mine works for Disney Theatricals, says there have been meetings to expand Beauty and the Beast at DHS into something fully fleshed out as opposed to the rag tag performance currently there. I doubt very much they would put the full 2.5 hour musical into a theme park and not charge prices, but it seemed to me that it would involve a full overhaul to bring in the design elements [set, costume, lighting, etc.] of the (now-closed) Broadway production. They also mentioned that the Theatre of the Stars would be getting a major facelift. A full "experience". This is nothing confirmed. But apparently very much on the table.
Before they could do anything "Broadway quality", they would have to build a fully-enclosed theater with advanced lighting/projection and sound systems, improved fly space, etc. The Hyperion Theater in DCA, long time host to the amazing Aladdin show, should be the model. But that would be a very expensive demo/rebuild, which, unless part of the semi-mythical "Phase 3", is probably not going to happen...

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
Before they could do anything "Broadway quality", they would have to build a fully-enclosed theater with advanced lighting/projection and sound systems, improved fly space, etc. The Hyperion Theater in DCA, long time host to the amazing Aladdin show, should be the model. But that would be a very expensive demo/rebuild, which, unless part of the semi-mythical "Phase 3", is probably not going to happen...

If we are going to go "Broadway quality", let's go all the way and build a Broadway Theater at Disney Springs and bring in full Broadway shows to Walt Disney World.

Haymarket2008

It seemed to be just that. A complete remodel of the theatre.

Herbie

If we are going to go "Broadway quality", let's go all the way and build a Broadway Theater at Disney Springs and bring in full Broadway shows to Walt Disney World.

Or just bring it to Hollywood Studios... some of the upscale environments/experiences at Downtown/Springs, past and present, I feel should've just gone to DHS.

I haven't been to DCA yet, so I never had the chance to experience Aladdin. Beauty and the Beast is great, but I would really be up for a show change.

Ripken10

I think the "Broadway Quality" could only work at Disney Springs. I has potential...but not sure how many people would come to Disney to pay the Broadway ticket price for a show. I can't see them every having a show of that quality unless it is a paid ticket event. But I assume Cirque due Soleil has been around so long cause it has been able to draw people. No way they could get the quality of a broadway show in a free inside-the-park setting.

Herbie

Something tells me it would be more "Broadway-style" in the sense of Aladdin being a 45-minute show in an enclosed theatre as opposed to a 25-minute Beauty show in an outdoor venue. Not sure if they'd go the 'extra price' route if the show continues at the Studios. Just my thought. It would be cool if Disney Springs received the whole shebang though.

I question though should indy get a boat ride because theirs already a new boat ride going into the new avatar land at A.K. I know dhs needs water but it would be yet another water ride clone which disney has plenty of. Splash, pirates, small world, frozen, I think the Mexican Pavillion has a boat ride too over at WS.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Cars land I'm hearing is suppose to come in 2020 projected. Got the news from redsoxno1 from Walt Disney world rumors site.

I am not sure where on his site you found that date, but the current status of the project from his site is....

Capture.JPG

[Edit]: Found it on his site, it originated here:

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/dhs-makeover-what-we-know-so-far.901774/page-170#post-6895912

OK let me start off by saying I was totally way off by asking if dhs would change the Indiana Jones stunt show to a totally new indy show based on kingdom of the crystal skull. No way in the world that that's going to happen as successful the Raiders of the lost ark theme has been for the show. I say the show shouldn't be updated since it's still drawing in a good amount of people...and most of the attractions at least on the echo lake side are mostly closed down for good until the new SW land will be ready along with TSL. All I was really asking is it feasible for disney to keep the stunt show, and make more room out on that parking lot area in back of the stunt show to bring in another indy attraction which I would imagine would be a lot bigger than the stunt show in terms of capacity. Yes a indy water ride I'd say will be the biggest standalone attraction to debut at dhs if it were ever to come compared with the RNRC. The sad part unfortunately about the Indians jones water ride is Disney World officially hasn't talked about it..it's just been us on this forum.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom