DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

Mike S

Just compare KongLand and it's eatery to Pandora and it's restaurant. That is the Disney difference. Of course it costs more but the most magical thing is that admission prices are similar.
I'm talking about the total cost of everything Universal has done, not just Kong. Both WWoHP together don't even reach the bloated price tag of Pandora. I have no doubt it'll be great but there's no reason it had to sky rocket to $1Billion all by itself.

JohnWD

I'm talking about the total cost of everything Universal has done, not just Kong. Both WWoHP together don't even reach the bloated price tag of Pandora. I have no doubt it'll be great but there's no reason it had to sky rocket to $1Billion all by itself.
Its hard to know if it's bloated, or just making sure everything is high quality. I don't know how to compare rumors of project costs at both universal studios and Disney. I can compare the as built results, and am looking forward to doing so! :)

jt04

Has Lightstorm ever been under budget?

Thankfully, no.

This will be a great opportunity to see that spending more, earns more.

Indiana jones and the forbidden temple? I'm curious as to would a indy flume be a 2 seater or like your original log ride setup every person sitting in back of each other like splash mountain version at DL in CA they went that route if not I'd say go with a EMV Design once again from Tokyo disney sea or disney land CA.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Indiana jones and the forbidden temple? I'm curious as to would a indy flume be a 2 seater or like your original log ride setup every person sitting in back of each other like splash mountain version at DL in CA they went that route if not I'd say go with a EMV Design once again from Tokyo disney sea or disney land CA.

There is no indication and Indy flume ride is coming to DHS, so this is not the appropriate thread to discuss this in.

There is no indication and Indy flume ride is coming to DHS, so this is not the appropriate thread to discuss this in.
I apologize but it's rumored that we can see more of an Indiana Jones presence at dhs with the 5th film being released on July 19 2019 correct? I mean all I'm saying is something will be done another stunt show rehab/update.

RSoxNo1

BTW message to redsoxno1 fan is the indy stunt show officially has events booked for 2018 or just a rumor? Why would it be bad to tear it down now? I asked before to another user and never got a response.

I have heard that rumor, but I don't think it's to relevant to the future of the attraction. I am sure any rental agreement Disney has made allows them to change the venue if they want and a new venue is currently under construction at WWoS that could accommodate anything that could be done at Indy.

This was something that was put out there initially by Jim Hill if I'm not mistaken. It's probably on my site somewhere (presumably in the DHS rumor tracker), but I believe I also mentioned this as it related to the expansion at the Wide World of Sports complex.

doctornick

So, I was thinking a bit about the construction timelines at DHS. I could be wrong, I at this point I'm expecting TSL to open in the early 2018 timeframe and Star Wars to open in late 2019.

So, one question is "if" Phase 3 happens, what would it be and where would it happen. There are IMHO two main options for locations for additional "stuff" after TSL and SW -- the Echo Lake area including pushing out into the parking lot & the Animation Courtyard area, perhaps even connecting to around where RnR is. My guess is that nothing else will get shut down (except OMD which is needed to build the entrance to TSL) until at least TSL comes online to add attraction capacity.

If they want to build around Echo Lake, they could potentially shut down IJ stunt show once TSL opens. So, maybe in 2018, and can could on that part of Echo Lake including the backstage area and into the parking. That's probably the ideal in terms of timeframe because something substantial might be able to open around 2021. If they want to do a big build around the Animation Courtyard, they probably need to demolish the Animation Bldg (i.e. current Star Wars Launch Bay) -- I don't see them doing that until at least Star Wars opens. So, if they do a major build there, we are talking more like 2022/23 for an opening. Outside of replacing VOLTM, it's hard for me to see them do much of anything else around Animation Courtyard with keeping the Animation Bldg intact.

Hopefully, we'll get some idea of what if anything is to come sometime soon. I'm guessing we won't hear much of anything until D23 next summer though -- the announcements last year kinda came out of the blue and weren't really leaked (some hints were out there but not any specifics IIRC).

So have we seen any more demolition or the start or anything yet? Is there any work being done yet? Or, can we just not get access to see it? It just seems like the lack of information means these projects have halted for some reason.

Projects aren't halted. Take a look across World Drive and there is a growing mound of dirt. Looks like work is progressing.

clemmo

So, I was thinking a bit about the construction timelines at DHS. I could be wrong, I at this point I'm expecting TSL to open in the early 2018 timeframe and Star Wars to open in late 2019.

So, one question is "if" Phase 3 happens, what would it be and where would it happen. There are IMHO two main options for locations for additional "stuff" after TSL and SW -- the Echo Lake area including pushing out into the parking lot & the Animation Courtyard area, perhaps even connecting to around where RnR is. My guess is that nothing else will get shut down (except OMD which is needed to build the entrance to TSL) until at least TSL comes online to add attraction capacity.

If they want to build around Echo Lake, they could potentially shut down IJ stunt show once TSL opens. So, maybe in 2018, and can could on that part of Echo Lake including the backstage area and into the parking. That's probably the ideal in terms of timeframe because something substantial might be able to open around 2021. If they want to do a big build around the Animation Courtyard, they probably need to demolish the Animation Bldg (i.e. current Star Wars Launch Bay) -- I don't see them doing that until at least Star Wars opens. So, if they do a major build there, we are talking more like 2022/23 for an opening. Outside of replacing VOLTM, it's hard for me to see them do much of anything else around Animation Courtyard with keeping the Animation Bldg intact.

Hopefully, we'll get some idea of what if anything is to come sometime soon. I'm guessing we won't hear much of anything until D23 next summer though -- the announcements last year kinda came out of the blue and weren't really leaked (some hints were out there but not any specifics IIRC).
Do you still think it'll be a new "land"? Most around seem to be thinking is a more patchwork approach to phase 3 though that would be ok, but we really need another land that may actually be popular to compete for crowds with swl

doctornick

Do you still think it'll be a new "land"? Most around seem to be thinking is a more patchwork approach to phase 3 though that would be ok, but we really need another land that may actually be popular to compete for crowds with swl

Don't know, but regardless of whether it is a full "land" versus attractions here and there, those seem the logical spots. One other location might be next to RnR.

Not really sure where else in DHS could be considered an "expansion pad" as it's pretty closed in.

Monoblanco13

We've already seen that in 2010 when Hosgmeade paid for itself in three months.

Avland instead is an opportunity to see a budget destroyed and the detremental knock on effect in other parks.

A budget that in the first place should have been more than enough.

From what it seems like we should just find a way to have Comcast buy out Disney so that EVERYONE could be happy? I know i took it out of context and yes I am kidding.... or am I? lol jk

gmajew

Do we know what the actual cost on that project was? I never found it in earning statements so do we know if that is true?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom