• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

Yeah, that area is so huge that I'd like to see a couple of mini-lands for "Phase 3". Seems to me that the obvious thing would be to have a couple of different Pixar properties represented. That said, insiders here seem to have suggested that it will only be one IP for Phase 3 (with Incredibles and Monsters Inc being the top contenders); I'm taking that to mean that only part of the SoA/LMA/Catastrophe Canyon area will be used and the rest will be kept as backstage and potential expansion pads for the future.
I would rather see several Pixar properties in that space instead of one or two. Incredibles and Monsters would be cool. I would love to see an area for the movie Up. One of the favorite Pixar movies. On the flip side, more Indiana Jones movies coming out. You could build a pretty cool mini land using that character. Who knows?:) but exciting times coming to WDW.

FigmentJedi

Advertisement
Yeah, that area is so huge that I'd like to see a couple of mini-lands for "Phase 3". Seems to me that the obvious thing would be to have a couple of different Pixar properties represented. That said, insiders here seem to have suggested that it will only be one IP for Phase 3 (with Incredibles and Monsters Inc being the top contenders); I'm taking that to mean that only part of the SoA/LMA/Catastrophe Canyon area will be used and the rest will be kept as backstage and potential expansion pads for the future.
Having multiple Pixar IP back there would also keep that nice little Pixar Place lane from going to waste.

I would rather see several Pixar properties in that space instead of one or two. Incredibles and Monsters would be cool. I would love to see an area for the movie Up. One of the favorite Pixar movies. On the flip side, more Indiana Jones movies coming out. You could build a pretty cool mini land using that character. Who knows?:) but exciting times coming to WDW.
Let's brainstorm! An Up ride. In my opinion, not in Hollywood Studios, but in Epcot or Magic Kingdom would be great.

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
Star Wars land announced in August 2015 - March 2016, nothing at all been done.

Tells you pretty much everything how in a rush they are to do this. Hardcore $$$ won't be spent till Iger leaves, he won't want massive spend on his watch - it will eat into his profits and bonuses. All this is just a charade and setting it up for the next CEO to spend the money.
Do you really have some facts that says that construction is not starting in April or are you just tossing out something to see if you can get a reaction. I know this is a discussion sight, but I for one would hope that there is some facts to back up what you are saying.

NormC

Star Wars land announced in August 2015 - March 2016, nothing at all been done.

Tells you pretty much everything how in a rush they are to do this. Hardcore $$$ won't be spent till Iger leaves, he won't want massive spend on his watch - it will eat into his profits and bonuses. All this is just a charade and setting it up for the next CEO to spend the money.
Welcome back Jas.

Brian Swan

It seems that today's news story indicating a "formal" renaming/creation of "Muppet Courtyard" is a good indication that Muppets 3D is in for the long haul, the old Pizza Planet will likely get a Muppet re-theme, and Momma Melrose may, in the future, also get a re-theme. Although the Muppets will never really be "Disney" to me, I think keeping a very popular "family" franchise alive in the park is a good thing.