DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

Pam Hates Penguins

I don't know if anyone knew this, but according to WDWThemeParks:

On Tuesday, Disney will discuss new entertainment and attractions coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios, Epcot and Disney's Animal Kingdom. The expectation is Disney will provide more information on Frozen Ever After and Soarin' Around the World at Epcot, Star Wars related offerings this summer at Hollywood Studios and Rivers of Light and other entertainment at Disney's Animal Kingdom.

On Wednesday, Disney executives are expected to talk about the new lands based on Avatar, Toy Story and Star Wars.

Does this mean they are to announce new attractions coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios that have not been announced before, or just the ones they have talked about coming to DHS. If they are announcing attractions, good news. Really good news. Which means maybe the Monsters Inc. Door Coaster finally gets announced and more! (Hopefully Cars Land...Or just wait until their 10th anniversary which is in June.)

ToTBellHop

On Tuesday, Disney will discuss new entertainment and attractions coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios, Epcot and Disney's Animal Kingdom. The expectation is Disney will provide more information on Frozen Ever After and Soarin' Around the World at Epcot, Star Wars related offerings this summer at Hollywood Studios and Rivers of Light and other entertainment at Disney's Animal Kingdom.

On Wednesday, Disney executives are expected to talk about the new lands based on Avatar, Toy Story and Star Wars.

Does this mean they are to announce new attractions coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios that have not been announced before, or just the ones they have talked about coming to DHS. If they are announcing attractions, good news. Really good news. Which means maybe the Monsters Inc. Door Coaster finally gets announced and more! (Hopefully Cars Land...Or just wait until their 10th anniversary which is in June.)
This type of event usually disappoints, though I hope to be surprised. Best I am hoping for is a date for the new Star Wars fireworks and Frozen.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

There's a whole thread about it.

elchippo

General question for anyone who might know... is there any plans to add any water feature to DHS as part of the expansion? One criticism of the park is that only having Echo Lake makes the park feel a bit like a concrete "wasteland" and it might be nice to have a new such feature to spruce things up a bit.
The SPLASH fountain is now looking for work....Maybe there's hope for it!

Kman101

Too bad they couldn't get an Indiana Jones mini land and have a water ride be part of it.

That would be amazing. I hope they do that but they'd probably just give us the same ride at Disneyland. Except we'd probably get a scaled down version with cuts. Of course it's also the same as Dinosaur (not that I care but I'd like something different for the sake of being different). An Indy boat/flume ride would be a big deal for this park.

This makeover needs an Indy boat ride and the Monster's coaster. I think that would satisfy a lot of us.

Mike S

Didn't know where else to put this so I guess here's the best place.

DHS needs a water based ride. Any expansion beyond SWL/TSL should include either a water ride or a boat ride. The park needs it.
Too bad they couldn't get an Indiana Jones mini land and have a water ride be part of it.
That would be amazing. I hope they do that but they'd probably just give us the same ride at Disneyland. Except we'd probably get a scaled down version with cuts. Of course it's also the same as Dinosaur (not that I care but I'd like something different for the sake of being different). An Indy boat/flume ride would be a big deal for this park.

This makeover needs an Indy boat ride and the Monster's coaster. I think that would satisfy a lot of us.
Indiana Jones Adventure: The Lost City of Atlantis

No ones really talking about an Indy boat ride which is kind of strange yeah. I'd totally love to see a new Indiana jones attraction at DHS but the question is does the stunt show and new Indy attraction will both stay or one has to go? July 19,2019 is supposedly going to be the release date of Indy 5.....directed by mr. Spielberg and of course Harrison is coming back. You would think DHS will take advantage of this when the film comes out. I think they should discuss this at the next Disney expo event in summer 2017....not sure if they'll talk about phase 3. Or wait till 2019 wouldn't that be the next expo after 2017....is expo meeting like every other year? if someone can explain this to me idk. Sorry for my rambling but I have slot of Q's.

Thanks phoenicians

No ones really talking about an Indy boat ride which is kind of strange yeah. I'd totally love to see a new Indiana jones attraction at DHS but the question is does the stunt show and new Indy attraction will both stay or one has to go? July 19,2019 is supposedly going to be the release date of Indy 5.....directed by mr. Spielberg and of course Harrison is coming back. You would think DHS will take advantage of this when the film comes out. I think they should discuss this at the next Disney expo event in summer 2017....not sure if they'll talk about phase 3. Or wait till 2019 wouldn't that be the next expo after 2017....is expo meeting like every other year? if someone can explain this to me idk. Sorry for my rambling but I have slot of Q's.
Yes d23 is every other year. It'll be interesting to see what gets announced for DHS at the next one and what gets announced for MK 50th and (hopefully) epcot in 2019.

Yes d23 is every other year. It'll be interesting to see what gets announced for DHS at the next one and what gets announced for MK 50th and (hopefully) epcot in 2019.
Indiana jones 5 should be discussed at next years expo, the new Star Wars film sequel to The force awakens of course on the Disney movie side of things, well I forgot incredibles 2 maybe that's too early.

Haymarket2008

A friend of mine works for Disney Theatricals, says there have been meetings to expand Beauty and the Beast at DHS into something fully fleshed out as opposed to the rag tag performance currently there. I doubt very much they would put the full 2.5 hour musical into a theme park and not charge prices, but it seemed to me that it would involve a full overhaul to bring in the design elements [set, costume, lighting, etc.] of the (now-closed) Broadway production. They also mentioned that the Theatre of the Stars would be getting a major facelift. A full "experience". This is nothing confirmed. But apparently very much on the table.

Kman101

A friend of mine works for Disney Theatricals, says there have been meetings to expand Beauty and the Beast at DHS into something fully fleshed out as opposed to the rag tag performance currently there. I doubt very much they would put the full 2.5 hour musical into a theme park and not charge prices, but it seemed to me that it would involve a full overhaul to bring in the design elements [set, costume, lighting, etc.] of the (now-closed) Broadway production. They also mentioned that the Theatre of the Stars would be getting a major facelift. A full "experience". This is nothing confirmed. But apparently very much on the table.

I'd prefer something new, but if they actually put some effort into making it a Broadway quality show, I'd accept it. But it's once again a case of keeping something that's been going on forever. Why can't we ever get something new. Sigh. Why not give us the Tangled musical like the cruise line received, or do they want to be a unique offering for DCL?

Will the theater still have bleacher seating? LMAO. I guess that would be the 'major facelift' including an enclosure.

Wonder how long they're going to milk the not awful but far from quality Frozen Sing-Along at the Hyperion. Anyone hear of rumblings about that? Why can't we get the musical DCA is getting as well?

Not asking you specifically all of this, just throwing it all out there because DHS needs show updates in a bad way.

And hopefully they do something during the daytime in the Fantasmic! theater (Is Tangled still on the table?)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom