DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

BTW message to redsoxno1 fan is the indy stunt show officially has events booked for 2018 or just a rumor? Why would it be bad to tear it down now? I asked before to another user and never got a response.

HauntedMansionFLA

BTW message to redsoxno1 fan is the indy stunt show officially has events booked for 2018 or just a rumor? Why would it be bad to tear it down now? I asked before to another user and never got a response.
This is just a guess on my part but you would need that attraction there along with Star Tours. Once SWL is opened to guest, there is going to be a huge surge of people going to that part of the park. ST has a huge per hour capacity to serve a lot of guest. The Indiana Jones Stunt Show can also hold a huge amount of guest per show. Those two attraction can help distribute guest a little better. If an insider has better grasp on what's going on, please inform us.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

I have heard that rumor, but I don't think it's to relevant to the future of the attraction. I am sure any rental agreement Disney has made allows them to change the venue if they want and a new venue is currently under construction at WWoS that could accommodate anything that could be done at Indy.

does anyone happen to have a current dhs map by any chance so I can possibly see where a new indiana jones attraction could go, I might be asking of a bit too much by saying keeping the stunt show, and also adding an Indy water ride...sure would be too crowded over on the Echo Lake section of the park. How far is the parking lot from the IJ Stunt Show?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
does anyone happen to have a current dhs map by any chance so I can possibly see where a new indiana jones attraction could go, I might be asking of a bit too much by saying keeping the stunt show, and also adding an Indy water ride...sure would be too crowded over on the Echo Lake section of the park. How far is the parking lot from the IJ Stunt Show?

I would use Google Earth for this, it has very recent aerials. Also, further discussion of this should probably go to the Imagineering forum.

jt04

Mind boggling. I bet even Kong won't put them over. Maybe next year with Fallon, F&F, and VB. So much more for the money they pay. Heads should be rolling at light speed over at Disney.

Just compare KongLand and it's eatery to Pandora and it's restaurant. That is the Disney difference. Of course it costs more but the most magical thing is that admission prices are similar.

Rteetz

Just compare KongLand and it's eatery to Pandora and it's restaurant. That is the Disney difference. Of course it costs more but the most magical thing is that admission prices are similar.
That doesn't make sense... Also if you're comparing those two things why don't you compare their construction time lines. Kong was announced and build in half the time Pandora is.

hpyhnt 1000

The Potterverse in Orlando so far has cost just under half a billion. Add Transformers Orlando and it's just over the 500 mil mark.

So for ~$500 million, Universal got The Worlds of Harry Potter - Forbidden Journey, Gringotts, and Hogwarts Express; rethemed Dragon Challenge and Hippogriff; multiple small shows and meet and greets; and a litany of shops and restaurants, all done in some of the best immersive theming even seen at a theme park.

Meanwhile, for the same money, WDW got New Fantasyland - Seven Dwarfs Mine Coaster and a Mermaid clone; rethemed Barnstormer; relocated Dumbo; 2 meet and greet attractions, and a couple restaurants and shops, all dressed in lovely facades but ultimately lacking in substance.

WWoHP
- Phase 1: Announced May 2007, opened June 2010 (3 years, 1 month)
- Phase 2: Announced December 2011, opened July 2014 (2 years, 8 months)
Total time: 5 years, 9 months from announcement to opening.

NFL
- Announced September 2009, fully opened May 2014
Total time: 4 years, 8 months

I forget - who is supposed to be the industry leader again?

Mawg

So have we seen any more demolition or the start or anything yet? Is there any work being done yet? Or, can we just not get access to see it? It just seems like the lack of information means these projects have halted for some reason.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
So have we seen any more demolition or the start or anything yet? Is there any work being done yet? Or, can we just not get access to see it? It just seems like the lack of information means these projects have halted for some reason.

Permit was filed for the setup of the construction staging area. Work on that doesn't begin until July with completion in October. They don't really seem to be in a big hurry to complete these projects.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom