DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

doctornick

Question for anyone in the know: Is there any chance for a parade to return to DHS in the future? Are they accounting for new parade storage buildings and pathways big enough to accommodate one in the master developments for the park?

Maybe a parade isn't specifically planned for DHS at this time, but I hope they account for the option in the future.

DisneyRoy

Question for anyone in the know: Is there any chance for a parade to return to DHS in the future? Are they accounting for new parade storage buildings and pathways big enough to accommodate one in the master developments for the park?

Maybe a parade isn't specifically planned for DHS at this time, but I hope they account for the option in the future.

I think they are adding something. Here's a link that mentions a "storm trooper march" during the day. Sounds like a parade?

http://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/201602/4960/

doctornick

That's what I figured. I didn't really want to call it a parade but didn't know what else it would be. Streetmosphere explains it. Thanks. ;)

Right. And that's cool to have, so I'm not dissing it. But when I'm talking about a parade, I mean something that would requite large storage buildings as well as wide level paths in order for floats to travel through the park.

If Star Wars land goes into the Echo Lake area and into the parking space as seems likely, it will wipe out the current backstage buildings for floats and disrupt the old parade pathway. I'm just wondering if the overall plans account for this and account for a setup that would allow parades in the future (I would hope Disney leaders would have the foresight to plan for it).

JohnWD

Right. And that's cool to have, so I'm not dissing it. But when I'm talking about a parade, I mean something that would requite large storage buildings as well as wide level paths in order for floats to travel through the park.

If Star Wars land goes into the Echo Lake area and into the parking space as seems likely, it will wipe out the current backstage buildings for floats and disrupt the old parade pathway. I'm just wondering if the overall plans account for this and account for a setup that would allow parades in the future (I would hope Disney leaders would have the foresight to plan for it).
That's like worrying about will Disney have a popcorn stand or a store - it's in their DNA.

Tower of terror please don't leave anytime soon to be rethemed, I'm hoping for swl,toy story, more pixar-Cars,incredibles, Indiana Jones show either stays or gets replaced by a newer IJA attraction based on the 5th film. Wonder if anything for Indiana Jones would come before or after 2020. I hope 2018-19 at the earliest.

ChrisM

So many great memories on that street.

Indeed, so many great memories.

I was born, learned to ride a bike, hit my first home run (inside the park), shared my first kiss (it was a girl, hope I'm not micro-aggressing anyone), learned to drive a stick, graduated from college, shot a man (just to see him die), got engaged, and witnessed the birth of my first child there.

brb1006

Survey Crews on Street Of America today
dsc05977-1-jpg.136161

Herbie

Because of weather conditions on that day...
say LMA and HISTK have to close... they WILL pity us and give us another day to experience, right?

YodaMan

Because of weather conditions on that day...
say LMA and HISTK have to close... they WILL pity us and give us another day to experience, right?

I wouldn't be surprised, but obviously nothing is confirmed. But since the new Star Wars stuff starts on the 4th, I wouldn't be shocked if they kept the 3rd as an option for the LAST last day if something happens on the 2nd (in the same way there was a backup buffer day between the end of the Lights and the start of the Fireworks dessert party).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom