DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

My real big question is can IJESS still possibly close if the show is still bringing in a good amount of wdw guests? I'm assuming an Indy ride is not popular as a replacement since we are here in 2015 Indy show still standing. I don't want LMA to leave honestly....the last time I visited Orlando...which was late 90's was too young to ride TOT, twister was getting ready to open at USF, and IOA was just getting underway to be built. Yep long time for me. Hmmm I wonder how many things I've missed since the last time I visited.

YodaMan

FYI, a new temporary stage is going up for the Service Awards and it is considerably less intrusive than what has been up in the past

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
was that a forward lateral?
A throw that is beyond an equal plane when the ball is past the line of scrimmage. This occurs usually when one player pitches the ball forward to another. If the ball is pitched backward, or at an equal point, there is no issue.

So if you were running down Pixar Place and you pitched the ball forward to Woody when you are past TSMM, you attempted a forward lateral. This would nullify your gain and require you to go back and watch VotLM for 5 hours...

*1023*

Last edited:

peter11435

I don't expect them to, But the numbers speak for themselves an increase in attendance should translate to a nearly linear increase in PCGS as a function of attendance growth. It has not. In point of fact PCGS is now at the point of going negative. That tells me that the vast majority of guests at the parks are spending LESS. it's not JUST me. And if you do a classical poisson distribution some are spending more, some less but the aggregate spending is dropping.
I get the impression that you are good with words but not with math...

French Quarter

This is no different for any publicly traded company. Don't make Disney seem like it is cooking the books, or doing something special. Additionally, they are not in a hurry, WE are. So long as WE are on a different page than THEM, there will be disgruntled people.

Their attendance was up 7% last year. Just think about how much we fans have complained about the parks in the last 12 months. Yet attendance has never been higher. Walls everywhere, the perception that DHS has closed everything (when its not really that much), Hub, AK, DTD..errr.. Disney Springs, major construction at several resorts, the Poly in particular. But attendance is up 7%. This in an industry that shoots off fireworks for 1-2% increases.

They are not bumbling fools, who make it up as they go. They have a plan, they have a timetable, and they are executing it, without regard to how impatient we are as fans. We passionate fans might not like the timetables or the process, but in the end we are a minor factor in the process.... and so long as they keep posting attendance increases, you can forget about anything changing.

Thank you for this. I'm so sick and tired of hearing how Disney is going down the tubes. Yes, there are some fans who don't like how they are doing things and long for the "glory days", which may or may not have ever existed. But Disney is not hurting for numbers. There is a reason that everyone is complaining about the crowds. It is more crowded now than ever and people are contending that the place now sucks?

French Quarter

Unfortunately TWDC is a company run for Wall St, Formerly a creative company now simply an IP licensing and real estate empire.

If they aren't making anybody happy, why do the people still come in droves? Are they focused on a turning as large a profit as possible? Of course. But they can't do that unless they make people happy. The two aren't separate concepts. They go hand-in-hand.

Incomudro

If they aren't making anybody happy, why do the people still come in droves? Are they focused on a turning as large a profit as possible? Of course. But they can't do that unless they make people happy. The two aren't separate concepts. They go hand-in-hand.

Sometimes you have to double check the forum heading here to be sure you haven't stumbled upon the Complaint Forum.
debbie-downer.jpg

Every annual trip I've made to WDW in the past six years has brought something new/
Right now WDW is churning out projects or about to - that are simply stunning.
Disney Springs, Pandora, Star Wars...
Some things like Future World in Epcot need some help, but their time will come.
We can nit pick on the negatives, but they are dwarfed by the positives.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon

Actually they are, People are visiting Disney because of it's reputation built up over years unfortunately many first timers are severely disappointed in the experience, It's not like it was years ago when the first question a first timer asked upon getting home is 'when can we go back', Now for many it's more of a 'bucket list' item and that's a bad thing.

Yes there are some who first timers who have a great time and want to go back but the crowding, complexity and rigidity of the current WDW turns many people off on repeat WDW visits.

boufa

2 follow up points... Is Disney's customer Wall Street... well , yes, but you must satisfy the customer to satisfy Wall St. Disney's Value to Wall Street is currently $193,000,000,000. Everything Disney is as a company depends on that number. Everything Disney ever will be, depends on that number. At a 20% premium, it would cost you apprx $232 BILLION to purchase the entire Disney Company. That effects their borrowing, and the ability to spend money, and their ability to build expansions, etc.

As for the crowds... I can only speak for me...as opposed to many here who think they speak for every guest... We go every 3 years like clockwork. However, My wife and I made a sponatious decision to celebrate our 20th anniversary at WDW in a few months. We are not rich, we can barely afford to go every 3 years, but we found a little extra, and saved in a few places, and were able to do an extra trip. We are far from locals (2000 miles round trip!). Yet it draws us back, despite the effort it takes to do it. We are a marketing success for them. Or what many here would call idiots. Hate all you want, feel free. But you still go, and you still spend your money.

Homer fan

Actually they are, People are visiting Disney because of it's reputation built up over years unfortunately many first timers are severely disappointed in the experience, It's not like it was years ago when the first question a first timer asked upon getting home is 'when can we go back', Now for many it's more of a 'bucket list' item and that's a bad thing.

Yes there are some who first timers who have a great time and want to go back but the crowding, complexity and rigidity of the current WDW turns many people off on repeat WDW visits.
Says who? Do you have legit data to backup these claims?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom