DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

djkidkaz

Don't know where else to post this so I figured a thread on Discovery Island would be sufficient. I read on the dis boards that Bob Iger is supposedly going to be in DAK this evening to make some sort of announcement. Any time I see stuff like that I automatically bring it back here for vetting purposes. Anyone else hear that?

Iger and many other big wigs were in town this past week.

dizda

i see the decision on the indiana jones stunt spectacular is still awaiting an official answer as to whether what they're going to do with it or will it stay for the long term. Guess their putting Indy on the backburner for now. Screamscape reportedly says it could stay forever because it's still attracting enormous crowds..like I've posted before I believe if a certain attraction is doing well and it still peforms well in attendance...coming from Lance Hart..he says an attraction could stay forever. So is that what were looking at with IJESS? Star Wars Land personally will attract more visitors than the Indy Stunt Show but I could be wrong. Is'nt it time to finally look towards Indy's future and just put an end to the show? It really needs an upgrade just my 2 cents. The age is definitely showing. btw should I believe anything screamscape says? WDW annniversary is in like 2021..you would think by then we will hear something about the indy show before then.
Although we do not yet know the exact layout for SWL, based on what has been talked about, I am not sure how they would be able to keep Indy. I think that it is probably a goner.

Eastonm7

Based on what others have posted, it appears that Muppets is safe, but Indy and LMA will probably be closed by the time Star Wars Land breaks ground.
This wouldn't make sense considering Muppets is between LMA and IJESS
My understanding is that LMA is for future development

doctornick

The plans currently appear to be that Indiana Jones will close (at some point) for that space to be used for Star Wars development. This is "Phase 2", where Toy Story Land is "Phase 1".

LMA will be closed (at some point) for "Phase 3" which is some sort of Pixar expansion in the back corner (LMA/Catastrophe Canyon area) -- options potentially include Monsters Inc, Incredibles or Cars.

Eastonm7

The plans currently appear to be that Indiana Jones will close (at some point) for that space to be used for Star Wars development. This is "Phase 2", where Toy Story Land is "Phase 1".

LMA will be closed (at some point) for "Phase 3" which is some sort of Pixar expansion in the back corner (LMA/Catastrophe Canyon area) -- options potentially include Monsters Inc, Incredibles or Cars.
Right I don't know for sure so I didn't want to say that for sure phase 3 is LMA but that's my understanding as well

Meeko77

Marni, would you say that the Echo Lake area is looking to be somewhat safe at this time? My family so loves the 50s Primetime Cafe as well as Dinosaur Gertie.

MUTZIE77

With the construction of ToyStoryland, it is rumored that Mickey Ave. will be blocked off and become backstage. With the news that the Osborne Lights will not be displayed next year (I believe someone in the know around here explained the reason may be a need for construction access or staging) and the fact the LMA has been rumored to close for awhile now, I assumed it would close along with SOA when Star Wars Land constructions begins due to lack of guest access and cost savings.

Muppets have been rumored safe (for now) by multiple insiders, maybe one of them can clear all of this up for us.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
It time you find something else to complain about. There is no reason that this has to do with budget.

Wrong it has EVERYTHING to do with budget specifically the lack of a sufficient budget to get this done in a reasonable timeframe. The original attraction in CA did not take that long to build. It's all about spreading the spend over 2-3 quarters.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom