DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

Nubs70

Attendance is high because WDW has been running a massive discount program for South America but it seems not to be working as desired because as of the last earnings call Attendance was UP yet revenue was flat and PCGS went up by only 1% which was likely due to the CM blackouts.
And it apears Brazil is heading toward depression level economic performance

Rutt

Actually they are, People are visiting Disney because of it's reputation built up over years unfortunately many first timers are severely disappointed in the experience, It's not like it was years ago when the first question a first timer asked upon getting home is 'when can we go back', Now for many it's more of a 'bucket list' item and that's a bad thing.

Yes there are some who first timers who have a great time and want to go back but the crowding, complexity and rigidity of the current WDW turns many people off on repeat WDW visits.
What percentage would you say fall into each category? I personally have not met a single first timer who did not immediately start talk of their next trip.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
What percentage would you say fall into each category? I personally have not met a single first timer who did not immediately start talk of their next trip.

5 years ago maybe 5-10 percent, Now it's 40-50 percent and most of the people who don't want a return trip had some kind of MM+ related CHARLIE-FOXTROT that required an extended stay at GR to fix. These numbers are for our circle of acquaintances and DW is a teacher at a private school, So it just may be that our group as a whole is less tolerant of poor service than the average Disney visitor.

But the bottom line is It's a vacation not my cable modem is busted and I need to spend hours on the phone situation. Disney really, really needs to shore up the backend of MM+ so it works like an ATM (ie just about perfectly reliable).

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Thanksgiving and the day after would be peak, no? Magic Kingdom everything but the usuals (Anna/Elsa, Mine Train) and parade view still available. Dining is dicey, but it's Thanksgiving dinner and there is availability at some restaurants even a week out. Lunch or the day after frees up a bunch of options.

It's been proven time and time again across multiple time points that the "need" to schedule is a myth for all but a number of experiences that can be counted on one hands.

You are imagining availability the record attendance has 'fixed' the availability problem. I was down for 2 weeks in May, No BOG, CRT etc SDMT not available.

HauntedMansionFLA

5 years ago maybe 5-10 percent, Now it's 40-50 percent and most of the people who don't want a return trip had some kind of MM+ related CHARLIE-FOXTROT that required an extended stay at GR to fix. These numbers are for our circle of acquaintances and DW is a teacher at a private school, So it just may be that our group as a whole is less tolerant of poor service than the average Disney visitor.

But the bottom line is It's a vacation not my cable modem is busted and I need to spend hours on the phone situation. Disney really, really needs to shore up the backend of MM+ so it works like an ATM (ie just about perfectly reliable).
We haven't been down to WDW since they started the MM+. I'm not to worried about since there won't be kids with us. It will be nice to plan some things in advance. Instead of doing the rope drop to get a FastPass, we can go directly to your first ride and keep moving forward. We plan on going next year right after Thanksgiving, curious to see the crowd level.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
We haven't been down to WDW since they started the MM+. I'm not to worried about since there won't be kids with us. It will be nice to plan some things in advance. Instead of doing the rope drop to get a FastPass, we can go directly to your first ride and keep moving forward. We plan on going next year right after Thanksgiving, curious to see the crowd level.

Here's the deal conceptually MM+ is a GREAT idea, However it had a seriously flawed execution and rollout, But the May trip was the FIRST trip all my MB's which were linked to my MDE account worked, The usual scenario has been get MB's in mail, Bring to resort try to use FAIL then get some grey ones from the front desk and those would be the only MB's which worked on the trip.

Why did this happen - no clue, But any pre-reserved FP's would also vanish when we got the 'new' bands and Disney was powerless to fix.

Since you have not been there since MM+ rolled out I expect your experience will be good, It seems the lion's share of people with major issues are long term customers and AP holders who predate MM+

Marlins1

Here's the deal conceptually MM+ is a GREAT idea, However it had a seriously flawed execution and rollout, But the May trip was the FIRST trip all my MB's which were linked to my MDE account worked, The usual scenario has been get MB's in mail, Bring to resort try to use FAIL then get some grey ones from the front desk and those would be the only MB's which worked on the trip.

Why did this happen - no clue, But any pre-reserved FP's would also vanish when we got the 'new' bands and Disney was powerless to fix.

Since you have not been there since MM+ rolled out I expect your experience will be good, It seems the lion's share of people with major issues are long term customers and AP holders who predate MM+
I'm sure it happens but my family and I have had none of those experiences with the bands. We've taken trips where we brought my mom, others where we brought a friend of my daughter - everyone's bands have worked 24/7 except for a couple of exterior doors on resort buildings. Even keeping it on all day at a water park couldn't stop mine. I find the whole thing very convenient.

Last edited:

jakeman

You are imagining availability the record attendance has 'fixed' the availability problem. I was down for 2 weeks in May, No BOG, CRT etc SDMT not available.
Right...because I'm the one with a track record of making up facts to prove my point. :rolleyes:

I'm not going to go back and forth with this with you over something so ridiculously easy to verify. Anyone with admission medium can pull up Thanksgiving day, or in a week pull up Christmas week and see what is available for themselves.

Rutt

Well, people tend to hang with like minded people, so I guess I would think that WDW impressing 50% of your crowd is actually rather impressive. Globally, i dont think id be too far out on a limb by stating satisfaction rate with MM is probably closer to 80-90%.

Regarding the 'poor service' comment, what some consider poor service, others may consider an overblown sense of entitlement.

HauntedMansionFLA

Yup. Was very glad when the Toronto glow from PanAm did not expand into Olympic fever. No thanks.

On a side note, man we need some news on the DHS front..:(:bored:
Yes, back to DHS. The backlot tour pictures people have posted this past day was a bit depressing. But I guess they need to get their ducks in a row before going full steam ahead. I hope SWL is on the front burner now.

Rutt

Yes, back to DHS. The backlot tour pictures people have posted this past day was a bit depressing. But I guess they need to get their ducks in a row before going full steam ahead. I hope SWL is on the front burner now.
I hope so too. I know many are not excited for TSL but my six year old is over the moon excited.
As for SWL, my brother swore up and down he would never visit the world. I showed him the images we have thus far and he literally started a savings account the next day.

If done right, these will be huge. Knowing theres a phase three makes it that much more thrilling.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Right...because I'm the one with a track record of making up facts to prove my point. :rolleyes:

I'm not going to go back and forth with this with you over something so ridiculously easy to verify. Anyone with admission medium can pull up Thanksgiving day, or in a week pull up Christmas week and see what is available for themselves.

Project much?

HauntedMansionFLA

I hope so too. I know many are not excited for TSL but my six year old is over the moon excited.
As for SWL, my brother swore up and down he would never visit the world. I showed him the images we have thus far and he literally started a savings account the next day.

If done right, these will be huge. Knowing theres a phase three makes it that much more thrilling.
To bad there isn't any information on the phase three project - zero

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom