DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
It was fundamentally the same attraction though. It was akin to the Jack Sparrow additions to Pirates.
Has to be. As per the agreement.

But it was far bigger than Sparrow. All new animations. All new projection systems. Rebuilt physical sets. Re scored and rerecorded audio. RVs overhauled. New audio systems installed on and off board.

As big a refurb as refurbs get.

Next Big Thing

Has to be. As per the agreement.

But it was far bigger than Sparrow. All new animations. All new projection systems. Rebuilt physical sets. Re scored and rerecorded audio. RVs overhauled. New audio systems installed on and off board.

As big a refurb as refurbs get.
Maybe the ride just held up really good over time, but I never have really noticed a difference.

Some people claimed that the new Jimmy Fallon ride was going to be like Soarin. I didn't pay attention to what you said earlier and I thought you were making fun of Fallon's ride for being like Soarin i.e. the best ride at Universal because it is really a Disney ride.

dizda

They paid a pretty Penny to build Luigi's Flying Tires to start with to close it a short time later. Plus the complete California Adventure makeover.
I think that Disney will stick with the classic Dumbo spinner and the new queue, but I would not be surprised to see some changes to the circus area overall to add capacity and add a bit more appeal for guests without small children.

flyerjab

Don't know where else to post this so I figured a thread on Discovery Island would be sufficient. I read on the dis boards that Bob Iger is supposedly going to be in DAK this evening to make some sort of announcement. Any time I see stuff like that I automatically bring it back here for vetting purposes. Anyone else hear that?

Fox&Hound

I think that Disney will stick with the classic Dumbo spinner and the new queue, but I would not be surprised to see some changes to the circus area overall to add capacity and add a bit more appeal for guests without small children.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Disney come out with a movie or character in the next years that had a some circus connection. Maybe one of their shorts. Dumbo is classic but I could see them wanting to add some new life into an area that focuses on an older character. Maybe the new Dumbo movie will help this area see some love.

Lee

Adventurer
Don't know where else to post this so I figured a thread on Discovery Island would be sufficient. I read on the dis boards that Bob Iger is supposedly going to be in DAK this evening to make some sort of announcement. Any time I see stuff like that I automatically bring it back here for vetting purposes. Anyone else hear that?
Highly unlikely.
If an announcement that required Bob's presence was happening...we'd know about it.
As would all local media.

i see the decision on the indiana jones stunt spectacular is still awaiting an official answer as to whether what they're going to do with it or will it stay for the long term. Guess their putting Indy on the backburner for now. Screamscape reportedly says it could stay forever because it's still attracting enormous crowds..like I've posted before I believe if a certain attraction is doing well and it still peforms well in attendance...coming from Lance Hart..he says an attraction could stay forever. So is that what were looking at with IJESS? Star Wars Land personally will attract more visitors than the Indy Stunt Show but I could be wrong. Is'nt it time to finally look towards Indy's future and just put an end to the show? It really needs an upgrade just my 2 cents. The age is definitely showing. btw should I believe anything screamscape says? WDW annniversary is in like 2021..you would think by then we will hear something about the indy show before then.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom