DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

PizzaPlanet

I'm kinda hoping tim burtons dumbo is a big hit and they 'burtonize' storybook circus now that I've caught wind that burton is doing dumbo...
I'm still amazed burton doesn't have a larger influence in the parks besides the HM christmas layover ala Lucas and now Cameron
Disney usually stays with the classics in the parks. Plus I highly doubt they would put more money into redoing something they just finished.

HauntedMansionFLA

I'm kinda hoping tim burtons dumbo is a big hit and they 'burtonize' storybook circus now that I've caught wind that burton is doing dumbo...
I'm still amazed burton doesn't have a larger influence in the parks besides the HM christmas layover ala Lucas and now Cameron
What's in the Dumbo area? The spinners and water area. What's under all of the tents? I would love a Burton makeover.

misterID

What's in the Dumbo area? The spinners and water area. What's under all of the tents? I would love a Burton makeover.
One of the nastiest areas in any theme park ever. The Casey train is a public safety hazard water park of hyper kids running in their underwater, getting hurt, and destroying the nasty bathrooms. And if you want to ride the spinners, you wait in line to get into the tent, where they give you a pager and you're forced to wait half an hour in a McDonalds playroom where parents allow their kids to run around screaming, fighting, running into everyone and eventually cry hysterically. Other than that it's a blast!

HauntedMansionFLA

One the nastiest areas in any theme park ever. The Casey train is a public safety hazard water park of hyper kids running in their underwater, getting hurt, and destroying the nasty bathrooms. And if you want to ride the spinners, you wait in line together into the tent, where they give you a pager and you're forced to wait half an hour in a McDonalds playroom where parents allow their kids to run around screaming, fighting, run into everyone and eventually cry hysterically. Other than that it's a blast!
Sounds awesome:) I haven't back to the MK since they finished NFL.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
One of the nastiest areas in any theme park ever. The Casey train is a public safety hazard water park of hyper kids running in their underwater, getting hurt, and destroying the nasty bathrooms. And if you want to ride the spinners, you wait in line to get into the tent, where they give you a pager and you're forced to wait half an hour in a McDonalds playroom where parents allow their kids to run around screaming, fighting, running into everyone and eventually cry hysterically. Other than that it's a blast!

Life is tough, isn't it

Smiddimizer

Same. There's also the Alice maze being built in Shanghai that appears to be based on his film.

MUTZIE77

Another idea I was thinking would be good option for Phase 4 -- especially if it is a "Disney" IP -- would be to revisit the Toontown variant of where the characters are "working". Would enable them to have a great place to have various M&G and some family friendly theming with some nice dark rides.
Wasnt there an old concept for a Roger Rabbit ride what was supposed to go off of Sunset Blvd. years ago? Also weren't there mutterings of another Roger Rabbit movie in the works? Some quality dark rides including the Fab Five have been long overdue.

Christian Fronckowiak

In the Parks
Yes
Wasnt there an old concept for a Roger Rabbit ride what was supposed to go off of Sunset Blvd. years ago? Also weren't there mutterings of another Roger Rabbit movie in the works? Some quality dark rides including the Fab Five have been long overdue.
Roger Rabbit's Hollywood would have gone where RNRC is now with three components:
-Baby Herman's Runaway Baby Buggy (dark ride)
-Toontown Trolley (simulator)
-Benny the Cab (early version of Car Toon Spin)

mergatroid

Sorry if this has been answered already in this thread (haven't read all 100,000 posts :rolleyes:).

We go again in Sept 2016 and wondered what will actually be open at Disney Studios then? If Echo Lake is going to paved over and Indie destroyed it's going to make the park very, very cramped.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Sorry if this has been answered already in this thread (haven't read all 100,000 posts :rolleyes:).

We go again in Sept 2016 and wondered what will actually be open at Disney Studios then? If Echo Lake is going to paved over and Indie destroyed it's going to make the park very, very cramped.
Educated guess?

Echo lake will be there. So will Star Tours, Muppetvision, LMA, TSMM, GMR and all of Sunset.

Anything else depends on which way the wind is blowing on the day you visit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom