DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

UpAllNight

As much as I would love to see it, I'd urge people not to get excited about 'phase 4' because it most probably won't happen.

Star Wars and Toy Story alone will massively increase attendance at this park and that alone will allow them to say 'job done' which makes any further phases harder to justify spending money on ( by this point Epcot will be an even bigger wreck than it is now and I would guess that park would become priority)

HauntedMansionFLA

Can't.
Well, I can....but I, you know...can't.

Yep. They know, we kinda know.

True.
I was told months ago that the budget was spread out over 5-6 years, but that could change.

That said...I'll be quite surprised if both TSL and SW are done by then.
Hey, I understand - it was worth a try. Thanks :)

If it were to come back, I'm sure they would upgrade the technology and design of it. I feel like they'd rather make their own unique Disney~~ light show at that point.

Jones14

The logical problem with either Carsland or Monstropolis is that the proposed rides for both lands (RSR and Door Coaster, respectively) would each have a height requirement of at least 40". In a park with only two rides that are 100% family friendly (GMR and Toy Story Mania), I just don't see them giving a green light on a land without a people eating family ride, especially since they'll have just finished building four attractions that will almost definitely have height requirements. Cars would need a brand new ride from scratch, and Monstropolis would have to have something akin to Ride and Go Seek at the least. What are they going to do to rectify the inevitable problem caused by families with small children visiting the park?

doctornick

So at some point 50's Prime Time and Sci-Fi Dine-In will bite the dust unless SWL is pushed back away from Echo lake. Would be awesome to keep both, Echo Lake and have SWL start at Indiana Jones tree line going east
The latest plans that @marni1971 shared with us showed Echo Lake (the body of water) surviving along with the restaurants. Star Wars Land (the new stuff) would replace Backlot Express/Indiana Jones and go into the current backstage and parking areas.

rioriz

I don't think they have to cater to those children who have height restrictions. Frankly id rather they not. ....let DHS be Disney's version of IoA....I'm sure once all is said and done there will be plenty of things for them to do....the parties and shows alone cater that crowd

doctornick

While people are putting up idle speculation for the Phase 4 that won't happen, I'll offer my guess... I think they will make the Animation Courtyard area into a "Disney Studios" theme and showcase a hodge podge of IPs that don't fit well elsewhere -- Wreck It Ralph, Big Hero 6 and the like.

MUTZIE77

I can neither confirm nor deny any Phase 4 concepts.

This isnt really a question of concept, but I think Martins map showed phase 4 behind the animation courtyard. If they were to build this land, would guest access come from the hub area or off of Sunset Blvd.?

cosmicray

...and as for the lights, appearing in 2036, the Star Wars Holiday Special is back in all it's glory, but now with high-tech lights and more wookies!
image.jpeg

More Lumpy, you say? Count me in....

Rosso11

In my opinion phase 4 should be Nightmare Before Christmas. They should build Halloween Town. It has a huge fan base that extends beyond your typical Disney fan. It still sells a ton of merchandise after 22 years. They should build a dark ride for it which the Studios needs desperately. It could be the Studios version of the Haunted Mansion. They could make really fun food and drink options. And it could be the centerpiece for the Studios long planned Halloween hard ticketed event. Then it's easy to switch over to a Christmas theme for November and December. Seems like a no brainer to me.

wannabeBelle

Can they put a decent menu in there?
Maybe. I still love the pot roast so I am OK, but my understanding was certain items such as the pot roast and fried chicken are on the menu permanently and cant be touched. I do agree on some of the new funky stuff they have on there though. Marie

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom