DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

cosmicray

IT'S NOT A TUMOR
image.jpeg

danlb_2000

Premium Member
On Episode #90 of the Unofficial Guide's Disney Dish with Jim Hill and @lentesta he threw out several DHS rumors:
  • When construction is complete, Disney's second hard ticketed Halloween event is expected to debut. This would be different than Club Villain
  • Phase 1 (Star Wars and Toy Story) is expected to be complete by the end of 2018.
  • One possibility for additional Pixar content would be relocating the Monster's Inc Laugh Floor to the Animation Courtyard area, replacing the Star Wars Launch Bay. Following that, the Monster's Inc Door Coaster could be placed behind it.
  • He expects that The Osborne Lights will return at some point in the future.

I wonder if the "end of 2018" rumor is in any way related to the fact that the water management permit says that work will be complete by October 2018?

mikeh

I wonder if the "end of 2018" rumor is in any way related to the fact that the water management permit says that work will be complete by October 2018?

I would assume so as they were talking about "recently leaked plans". That's why I'm not giving that timeline too much weight.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I would assume so as they were talking about "recently leaked plans". That's why I'm not giving that timeline too much weight.

Thanks for that piece of info. I definitely wouldn't use the date on that permit as an indication of when the lands will be complete.

Rteetz

I am going to play both sides of the argument here, but being done by the end of 2018 is not unreasonable, I just don't think the date in the permit is proof that date is accurate.
I was mainly saying we know those aren't one phase but they are two separate ones.

Lee

Adventurer
Could you give us a clue on what might go into phase four at some point?
Can't.
Well, I can....but I, you know...can't.
I assume they know where its going, but that doesn't mean we know.
Yep. They know, we kinda know.
I am going to play both sides of the argument here, but being done by the end of 2018 is not unreasonable, I just don't think the date in the permit is proof that date is accurate.
True.
I was told months ago that the budget was spread out over 5-6 years, but that could change.

That said...I'll be quite surprised if both TSL and SW are done by then.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom