DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
In my opinion phase 4 should be Nightmare Before Christmas. They should build Halloween Town. It has a huge fan base that extends beyond your typical Disney fan. It still sells a ton of merchandise after 22 years. They should build a dark ride for it which the Studios needs desperately. It could be the Studios version of the Haunted Mansion. They could make really fun food and drink options. And it could be the centerpiece for the Studios long planned Halloween hard ticketed event. Then it's easy to switch over to a Christmas theme for November and December. Seems like a no brainer to me.

Good stuff costs money, Which we have seen WDW is unwilling to do even in the face of huge price increases and before anyone starts babbling about the 3 billion dollar budget it's spread over a DECADE so in reality is $300 million a year - TWDC blew more than that on a you tube channel.

Phroobar

I'll let the cat out of the bag. I've heard that Disney is trying to make the most out of the Lucasfilm acquisition. Phase 4 is going to be Willow Land, with a movie sequel to open at the same time.
Silly as that sounds, that could actually be really cool.

I'm holding out for that Howard the Duck ride with AA Lea Thompson. Yummy.

elchippo

On Episode #90 of the Unofficial Guide's Disney Dish with Jim Hill and @lentesta he threw out several DHS rumors:
  • When construction is complete, Disney's second hard ticketed Halloween event is expected to debut. This would be different than Club Villain
  • He expects that The Osborne Lights will return at some point in the future.
Just spitballing here, but one property nobody has mentioned that would marry these concepts is NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Darn threads full of tangents....or I would have seen this sooner before I posted!

untitled.png

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
Good stuff costs money, Which we have seen WDW is unwilling to do even in the face of huge price increases and before anyone starts babbling about the 3 billion dollar budget it's spread over a DECADE so in reality is $300 million a year - TWDC blew more than that on a you tube channel.

What $3 billion are you talking about and what decade. If you go back five years and include all of Walt Disney World and than go forward another 5 years it think it is a lot more than $3 billion.

WhatJaneSays

Do you think any imagineers and/or executives read this forum and laugh their rear ends off?
Imagineers Yes. Yes they do. Execs ... not at all.

Just not NEARLY as often as this forum would like to think Imagineers do. There are things that come up here (and plenty of other forums or news sources) as known "planted information" ... not to catch anyone inside "telling" but on purpose and occasionally for entertainment. Insiders or people with contacts that may be members here don't correct it because it would tip their hand too much.

UpAllNight

I don't believe there's as many insiders on here as some believe. I think there's a select few who possibly feed other members some information so that it appears to validate an opinion and make it look like there's more insiders than there is. I'd guess some people's private messages on the site would make interesting reading!

Regardless, I do enjoy the speculation and discussion about the place I love.

mikeh

I don't believe there's as many insiders on here as some believe. I think there's a select few who possibly feed other members some information so that it appears to validate an opinion and make it look like there's more insiders than there is.

Regardless, I do enjoy the speculation and discussion about the place I love.

I often find myself inside Disney Parks. Doesn't that qualify me as an insider?

captainmoch

I love that Halloweentown idea. That'd make for a great ride, area, and dining opportunity. Plus, both the movie and the idea behind it (Halloween and monsters and stuff) are timeless and would make for a great area.

Plus, it would make sense that the park's immersive areas are Lucasfilm + Henson + Burton + Pixar. Throw in GOTG for Marvel and you have most of Disney's major partners.

elchippo

I love that Halloweentown idea. That'd make for a great ride, area, and dining opportunity. Plus, both the movie and the idea behind it (Halloween and monsters and stuff) are timeless and would make for a great area.
Right?! It can help Studios become THE park to go to in Q4 (Oct-Nov-Dec) and alleviate holiday congestion in the MK.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom