DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

Rteetz

Do we? The latest we were hearing was 2019. A goal of late 2018 isn't unrealistic.

I do think Bob Chapek is more concerned with the timelines of things. For example we had been hearing that Soarin' Around the World had to wait for Shanghai, but that no longer seems to be the case.
Again I was talking about toy story and Star Wars being a combined phase. Every insider here has said they are two separate phases.

stretchsje

I would be surprised if Star Wars Land opened in its entirety on the same day. (How could it, with Star Tours already part of it?) I think the permits show us the park's new berm will be completed by 2018, not necessarily that everything within that berm will be open.

Considering Star Wars Land and Toy Story Land were announced together, I think it's correct to call them (collectively) as the park's Phase 1 since Disney has somewhat announced it as such, and this Phase 1 will almost certainly have parts 1a, 1b, 1c, and so on. Considering the TSMM expansion, new flex theater, and Star Wars Launch Bay, plus the tremendous amount of preparatory closures, it seems to me phase 1a is only a few months away from completion.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I think that's just a nomenclature thing. Jim explicitly said Star Wars and Toy Story. The various phases (1 through 4) have been coined by people on WDWMagic. I wouldn't read too much into the numbering and read more into the substance that he outlined.
Not coined exactly. More passed on.

1 was TSPL to open first.
2 SW to open possibly the year later.
3 the Cat Canyon area after that.
4 the Animation area to open last.

Timeframes are accelerated but I'd still anticipate them to open in this order.

Crazydisneyfanluke

Not coined exactly. More passed on.

1 was TSPL to open first.
2 SW to open possibly the year later.
3 the Cat Canyon area after that.
4 the Animation area to open last.

Timeframes are accelerated but I'd still anticipate them to open in this order.
Could this be the possible time frame?
1 (with first garage) late 2017
2 (2nd garage) late 2018 - early 2019
3 late 2019
4 spring 2020

ToTBellHop

So I was looking at the new Millennium Falcon area of the kids club on Disney Dream and thinking maybe the Millennium Falcon ride IS just a reskinned Star Tours considering they built a Millennium Falcon cockpit that shows Star Tours videos. Hope I'm wrong, but it seems convenient.

P_Radden

So at some point 50's Prime Time and Sci-Fi Dine-In will bite the dust unless SWL is pushed back away from Echo lake. Would be awesome to keep both, Echo Lake and have SWL start at Indiana Jones tree line going east

Lee

Adventurer
I've heard Indy is one of them... is there any truth to that?
I can neither confirm nor deny any Phase 4 concepts.
So I was looking at the new Millennium Falcon area of the kids club on Disney Dream and thinking maybe the Millennium Falcon ride IS just a reskinned Star Tours considering they built a Millennium Falcon cockpit that shows Star Tours videos. Hope I'm wrong, but it seems convenient.
No, Star Tours is not one of the "new" rides for the land. (That's what I'm hearing, anyhow.)

wdwfan4ver

I would assume phase 3 is the indoor Radiator Springs Racers and Monsters Inc Coaster & Restaurant. I hear Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor will move over to DHS too.
That rumor is way off since it isn't a combination of lands in Phases 3. Disneyhead'71 mentioned on last week Tuesday that Carsland is basically dead. That meant there no Radiator Springs.

Disneyhead'71 said it either is Monstropolis or incredibles on last what he heard. This is where I where I read it from:

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/dhs-makeover-what-we-know-so-far.901774/page-213#post-6957569

Phroobar

So at some point 50's Prime Time and Sci-Fi Dine-In will bite the dust unless SWL is pushed back away from Echo lake. Would be awesome to keep both, Echo Lake and have SWL start at Indiana Jones tree line going east

Maybe Sci-Fi Dine-In will be moved to DCA's Carsland?
Maybe the Indy stunt show will be replaced with the Indiana Jones Adventure 3.0?

Phroobar

That rumor is way off since it isn't a combination of lands in Phases 3. Disneyhead'71 mentioned on last week Tuesday that Carsland is basically dead. That meant there no Radiator Springs.

Disneyhead'71 said it either is Monstropolis or incredibles on last what he heard.

Gosh, I hope he is right. An indoor RSRs would suck big time. The whole fun of the ride is being outside going really fast over the humps and tight turns. The door coaster with Harryhausen's restaurant and moved MILF would be great. They could put something worthy of Tomorrowland in if MILF was moved or combined with the new restaurant. Oh course the coaster was originally planned for DCA's Hollywood area but we never got.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom