DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

Chris82

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we didn't see a rename at this point. I know Iger said to expect one, but that was almost a year ago, and we all know how fluid these things are.

If there was going to be a rename, I don't think I'd expect it until the new attractions are closer to being opened. The point of the rename would seem to be getting people excited and managing expectations - "This is not the half-empty mish-mash of a park you remember!" Until they can back up that claim, renaming, or even announcing a rename, would seem to be jumping the gun.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Remember a rename also COSTS money so perhaps it's fallen to the accountaneers who realized it would take a long time to amortize the change and in the meantime bonus pool would be shrunken because of the costs involved.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Without reading through 222 pages - does anyone have a map drawn up where Star Wars is going at DHS?

This is one possibility, but it doesn't seem that anyone knows for sure.

Disneys-Hollywood-Studios_Full_25063.jpg

cosmicray

Dumb question(haven't been able to keep up with this thread), but what is Phase 3? I'm guessing Phases 1 and 2 are Toy Story Land and Star Wars Land, respectively.

Phroobar

Dumb question(haven't been able to keep up with this thread), but what is Phase 3? I'm guessing Phases 1 and 2 are Toy Story Land and Star Wars Land, respectively.

I would assume phase 3 is the indoor Radiator Springs Racers and Monsters Inc Coaster & Restaurant. I hear Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor will move over to DHS too.

RSoxNo1

On Episode #90 of the Unofficial Guide's Disney Dish with Jim Hill and @lentesta he threw out several DHS rumors:
  • When construction is complete, Disney's second hard ticketed Halloween event is expected to debut. This would be different than Club Villain
  • Phase 1 (Star Wars and Toy Story) is expected to be complete by the end of 2018.
  • One possibility for additional Pixar content would be relocating the Monster's Inc Laugh Floor to the Animation Courtyard area, replacing the Star Wars Launch Bay. Following that, the Monster's Inc Door Coaster could be placed behind it.
  • He expects that The Osborne Lights will return at some point in the future.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom