DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

djkidkaz

Does anybody know what the plan is for the Earful Tower? Is it remaining or being removed to make way for Toy Story Land?

The art for Disney Springs shows a water tower with the name Disney Springs on it. It's possible they could remove the ears and re-theme it for use there.

Brian Swan

If you ever watch a ride through video of RCR, it's practically a rethemed clone of test track right down to elements that make you go "well why did they put that in?!?" Not just the ride system....
Saying we don't need RSR because we have TT is like saying we don't need POC because we have iasw. TT is a plotless gtrip through a darkened warehouse with virtually no theming (unless you count the poorly executed pseudo-Tron stuff). It's then followed by a fun, but themeless "speed loop". RSR is themed from the minute you enter it. It starts outside with beautifully executed landscaping. Once inside, there is a (granted minimal) story line, with elaboratre show scenes and AAs. Upon exiting, you're back in the spectacular scenery, in a one-on-one "race" with another car. And that's just the "headliner" ride - the entire "land" is just as detailed

As much as I LOVE Carsland in DCA, I'm ambivalent to it coming to DHS. If they were able to do it as well as they did in DCA, it would be a spectacular addition to the park. IF. The fear is that they'll do a reduced version of the original Carsland, which will be a disappointment. Also, I would like to see something completely NEW; I'm fortunate to be able to get out to SOCAL every couple of years, so I can get my Carsland "fix" there...

Fox&Hound

Thank you for the info. It would be nice if they could work in some classic Disney.

I agree! Such a shame that they don't have a ride that takes you through classic animated movies or even the animation process while highlighting animated movies that don't have as much representation (Dalmatians, Jungle Book, Rescuers, etc) and then a segment on computer animated (toy story and the like) and maybe the future of animation. Who would not love to see an AA of Walt discussing the animation process??? It would tie into the theme, have a classic dark ride feel, and allow movies without a lot of representation to have a presence in the parks. You could even change out the scenes over time. Or, my biggest wish, a ride with multiple show scenes and as you reach certain parts of the ride you get to choose your path (three buttons on your cart light up and you can choose which classic animated film you want to visit: Sleeping Beauty, Fantasia, or Dumbo for example). Rant over....but in all honesty I'd love to see classic Disney have a presence- maybe by the playhouse Disney stage. At least one ride to discuss animation and the process. Heaven forbid, you might even learn something in the process.

HauntedMansionFLA

I agree! Such a shame that they don't have a ride that takes you through classic animated movies or even the animation process while highlighting animated movies that don't have as much representation (Dalmatians, Jungle Book, Rescuers, etc) and then a segment on computer animated (toy story and the like) and maybe the future of animation. Who would not love to see an AA of Walt discussing the animation process??? It would tie into the theme, have a classic dark ride feel, and allow movies without a lot of representation to have a presence in the parks. You could even change out the scenes over time. Or, my biggest wish, a ride with multiple show scenes and as you reach certain parts of the ride you get to choose your path (three buttons on your cart light up and you can choose which classic animated film you want to visit: Sleeping Beauty, Fantasia, or Dumbo for example). Rant over....but in all honesty I'd love to see classic Disney have a presence- maybe by the playhouse Disney stage. At least one ride to discuss animation and the process. Heaven forbid, you might even learn something in the process.
They could have done this with the great Movie ride at DHS but for some reason went with Rurner instead of their own IPs.

*Q*

I could see them moving the Earful Tower to the area around the Hollywood Hills Amphitheatre, or perhaps somewhere around the parking lot. Somewhere where it would be easier to get pictures of.

PizzaPlanet

Earful Tower should be replaced with a forced perspective Death Star that has a high power laser that shoots random times during the day.
I can't help myself.
disney_lucas.png

matt9112

A better argument is that it's a huge plot of prime real estate with a noisy, rickety attraction that is duplicated in many lesser parks around the country and offers very little "unique".

Of course, they need something better to put there, and what is there is better than nothing (or empty space), but to me it's the biggest waste of space across all of WDW.

i have felt this way for a long time...there's no need for it assuming you build something with capacity. it really fits horribly thematically and feels forced, you could build the entry load/unload/que and dark ride portion of something bigger here and wrap it around Tommorowland without destroying sight-lines....LIMs....could also transition into TL smoother...

matt9112

To be fair, when it takes 3 years to build a new ride, the moment a new ride opens is probably a good time to start grumbling for another.

Multiple new attractions should be under construction at all times.

with the WDW resorts current attendance rates....yes....ALL THE TIME pro bono....no.

HauntedMansionFLA

A better argument is that it's a huge plot of prime real estate with a noisy, rickety attraction that is duplicated in many lesser parks around the country and offers very little "unique".

Of course, they need something better to put there, and what is there is better than nothing (or empty space), but to me it's the biggest waste of space across all of WDW.
FrozenLand could have used up part of the space that ties into NFL

PorterRedkey

They could have done this with the great Movie ride at DHS but for some reason went with Rurner instead of their own IPs.
I hope they keep GMR, but just give it some love and replace a few scenes. I do think the animation ride would be a great addition to the park though and a perfect way to increase the presence of some of the under-represented IP.

HauntedMansionFLA

Not adjacent to Fantasyland. Tomorrowland Speedway is the easiest to remove attraction on the most valuable land on property. Unless of course you count it's a small world.
Any new information regarding SWL - is it Star Tours and two other rides announced?? I am hoping its a themed land that I will want to spend hours in. @RSoxNo1

RSoxNo1

Any new information regarding SWL - is it Star Tours and two other rides announced?? I am hoping its a themed land that I will want to spend hours in. @RSoxNo1
Nothing definitive since the announcement at D23. Two new rides, a heavily themed area, a cantina that will feature the traveling cantina band. I would anticipate that at least one of the two new rides is an E-ticket, but it's possible that both are.

HauntedMansionFLA

Nothing definitive since the announcement at D23. Two new rides, a heavily themed area, a cantina that will feature the traveling cantina band. I would anticipate that at least one of the two new rides is an E-ticket, but it's possible that both are.
Thanks - I hope both rides are E- ticket attractions. In my book, Star Tours is a E-ticket ride. It would be nice to have three E-tickets in the land plus maybe a C or D ride. Disney needs for the rides to be capable of a high number of riders each hour. I assume Disney is taking notice of the excitement of their first Star Wars movie coming out next month and how crazy people a going to be when this land opens up. I wish the rumored phase three in DHS is more Star Wars. There is the demand for it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom