DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

djkidkaz

So it seems like DHS is getting a lot of stuff ready for early 2016. Season of the Force, Club Villian, Launch Bay all seem to indicate that come January we'll probably see a few more closings ( OMD and Mermaid? ) with these new items being used to sustain attendance and dollars. That Villian event is the same price as a park ticket, so everyone who buys a ticket to that will essentially help make up the revenue for those guests who skip DHS.

ToTBellHop

So it seems like DHS is getting a lot of stuff ready for early 2016. Season of the Force, Club Villian, Launch Bay all seem to indicate that come January we'll probably see a few more closings ( OMD and Mermaid? ) with these new items being used to sustain attendance and dollars. That Villian event is the same price as a park ticket, so everyone who buys a ticket to that will essentially help make up the revenue for those guests who skip DHS.
Thank goodness for that. I wouldn't want the bottom line at an empty park.

French Quarter

And even if people were not crazy about the muppets, if they made it a well-themed restaurant with incredible, unique food (more than just pizza and burgers) then people would come. If people realized they could get amazing food at the new swedish chef restaurant then it would make the area much more popular.

One of the things I am most excited about with the plans for DHS is the possibility for better dining. I'd love if we got a new restaurant in Toy Story land, SW land, Muppets, and whatever goes back in the backlot area (Cars/Monster's, etc). Add a new Starbucks and at least you get better variety than what was offered before the re-do. =)

It would have to have Swedish meatballs, no? :)

The Empress Lilly

Does anybody know what the plan is for the Earful Tower? Is it remaining or being removed to make way for Toy Story Land?
Poor tower. Barely had it been restored as the park icon with the BAHmolition, or it had to be discarded as an obsolete relic. DHS no longer purports to have a backlot, to have a - real or themed as real - studio, or to provide a behind the scenes look. Without a studio, there is no sense in a studio water tower.

G00fyDad

Poor tower. Barely had it been restored as the park icon with the BAHmolition, or it had to be discarded as an obsolete relic. DHS no longer purports to have a backlot, to have a - real or themed as real - studio, or to provide a behind the scenes look. Without a studio, there is no sense in a studio water tower.

Unless they make the park look like a tribute to Hollywood. It wouldn't necessarily have to look like a working studio, but more as a tribute to Hollywood. And water towers are an icon of almost every studio production lot. They are in some ways synonymous with Hollywood.

ToTBellHop

Unless they make the park look like a tribute to Hollywood. It wouldn't necessarily have to look like a working studio, but more as a tribute to Hollywood. And water towers are an icon of almost every studio production lot. They are in some ways synonymous with Hollywood.
The only reason I could see it going is if it drastically impairs sight lines in Toy Story Land, and none of us know EXACTLY where the land will be placed, so it's difficult to determine the impact on the Tower. Why remove it unless necessary? Unlike the much-maligned BAH, people like the Earfel Tower if they know it's there.

captainmoch

I honestly think the Earful Tower should be relocated elsewhere in the park (or, demolished and rebuilt, but you know what I mean). For example, if they knock out the current animation building and build a path back to RNRC to fix the dead end, they could make RNRC, Disney Jr, Little Mermaid theater, Sunset Showcase theater, and a new redone animation building (smaller and more similar to DCA's) part of a studio themed area for the Hollywood Land side of the park. That area could both act as an homage to the original theme of the park, to the production side of Hollywood, and as a new home for a smaller version of the Earful Tower. Also, oops... sorry about that armchair imagineering tangent. I should really get back into the Imagineering threads.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom