DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

bjm72385

But I think part of the issue is that I'm in the minority that doesn't find Star Wars Land or Toy Story Land all that exciting or interesting - even though I love both movie franchises. Maybe the plans will seem less bland to me as more details get released.
I think some people, myself included, felt the same way about Avatar. I know some still argue that it doesn't fit in AK, but I'm excited just to get to see the construction in person when I'm there in December, and can't wait to see it all finished, and I've never even seen the whole movie yet lol!

hpyhnt 1000

Oh they do. Plans are formed. But they need a green light to go further.

Well, that probably kills any hopes of seeing said plans in reality. I look forward to learning about them in a future Martin Smith tribute video.

Seriously, with phases 1-2 announced and 3 looking like it has legs, I'd be shocked if a phase 4 were added on top.

Also, if phase 3 is between Monsters and Incredibles, put me down for Incredibles (though Monsters would be alright if it meant finally getting MILF out of Tomorrowland).

AEfx

Agree. A big argument for getting a rid of Tomorrowland Speedway is Tokyo Disneyland is getting a rid of their version of the race track.

A better argument is that it's a huge plot of prime real estate with a noisy, rickety attraction that is duplicated in many lesser parks around the country and offers very little "unique".

Of course, they need something better to put there, and what is there is better than nothing (or empty space), but to me it's the biggest waste of space across all of WDW.

RSoxNo1

A big IF, but IF, they did decide to go with Monster's Inc for the phase 3 part of the project- is there a consistent narrative amongst the speculated attractions (I know it's all fan theory of hope).
  • Laugh Floor- Would this ride have taken place during the events of "Monsters Inc" film? Anyone know what the original intent was of this ride before it was shelved?
  • Monsters U Shops/Experiences- This would be from the prequel
  • Laugh Floor MILF- Takes places after the events of the movie where comedy reigns supreme and fear is outdated thinking
  • Monster's Hide and Go Seek- Not sure where this fits in a chronological timeline but Boo is in it so it can't be prequel
  • Monster's Ride from CA- Basically a retelling of Monster's Inc
Seems like it's a bit all over the place. Maybe I am overthinking what may or may not come to the park, just curious how they would tell a cohesive story that could span all the movies. Maybe MU still exists in the Monster's World- you just could not have young Mike and young Sulley walking around....Thoughts?
The Monster's University Hats are still incredibly popular. I could see a college bookstore type shop being really popular.

MerlinTheGoat

Oh they do. Plans are formed. But they need a green light to go further.
So phase 4 is still kind of blue sky at this time, is phase 3 green yet? And do you know if the previously discussed $2.8 billion budget only includes the phases that are currently greenlit, or does that money also include Phase 3 and 4 as well?

I still wonder what that extra $500 million each going to MK and EPCOT will be used for, but that's another topic...

Crazydisneyfanluke

So phase 4 is still kind of blue sky at this time, is phase 3 green yet? And do you know if the previously discussed $2.8 billion budget only includes the phases that are currently greenlit, or does that money also include Phase 3 and 4 as well?

I still wonder what that extra $500 million each going to MK and EPCOT will be used for, but that's another topic...
I think it was stated somewhere that the budget included phase 1 2 3 and infrastructure.

Capsin4

I'm of the opinion that a Tomorrowland Speedway type ride with a Cars theme would be a great attraction for DHS. This would allow them to remove the Speedway from MK where the land is far more valuable.
They have an empty expansion plot in TL that I'd like to see used first.

doctornick

They have an empty expansion plot in TL that I'd like to see used first.

I've thought that as well. I don't care much for the Speedway and would not miss it going away, but I would much rather see one of the existing expansion pads used to add to capacity to the park. Expand, not replace.

TL has two big expansion pads -- one outside the berm next to Space, one backstage where the old theater used to be (now used for parking). Use 'em.

MonorailLover

I've thought that as well. I don't care much for the Speedway and would not miss it going away, but I would much rather see one of the existing expansion pads used to add to capacity to the park. Expand, not replace.

TL has two big expansion pads -- one outside the berm next to Space, one backstage where the old theater used to be (now used for parking). Use 'em.
We all wish, my friend.... Unfortunately, it's probably not gonna happen till HS and avatar are both finished, once people start grumbling for new rides again..... Even though we all grumble for new rides, even when new rides just came out...

ToTBellHop

We all wish, my friend.... Unfortunately, it's probably not gonna happen till HS and avatar are both finished, once people start grumbling for new rides again..... Even though we all grumble for new rides, even when new rides just came out...
To be fair, when it takes 3 years to build a new ride, the moment a new ride opens is probably a good time to start grumbling for another.

Multiple new attractions should be under construction at all times.

doctornick

I agree, It only seems that that's not the way the company's currently operating....

Well, it at least seems like that tide might be changing. Pandora is in full swing being built and we will have construction starting at DHS in different lands before that opens. Not to mention some new (replacement) attractions like Frozen Ever After and Soarin' Around the World at the same time.

MonorailLover

Well, it at least seems like that tide might be changing. Pandora is in full swing being built and we will have construction starting at DHS in different lands before that opens. Not to mention some new (replacement) attractions like Frozen Ever After and Soarin' Around the World at the same time.
Hopefully, this might be the turning point for that mentality, I think with the spending of MM+, they need the return from increased crowds, even though anyone who's been to the parks lately can tell you that the crowds are above average, LOL.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom