DHS-First to worst. Can I get an amen?

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
The whole park is a Studio- (In the magical way Epcot's a Community, and that there are Magic and Animal Kingdoms.)

The Studios is the theme that ties all of Entertainment together. In a Studio, that's where the entertainment is created. Hollywood Blvd. and Sunset are the Main Street of the park, to get you into the spirit of what the park is about. The director statue is even clearly placed looking over the entire "shot" of this fictional Hollywood that they've created: As if you're the actors in a film about a Golden Age that never actually existed.

There are even VERY EXTREMELY CLEAR TRANSITIONS INTO the "Working Backlot" portion of the Studio. The Studio Arch on the right side, and the security gates on the right side of the park. Beyond those you'll find working departments such as the Animation Courtyard, Pixar Place (The Pixar Department at the Studios), the backlot sets such as Epic, Star Tours, Streets of America, Catastrophe Canyon, as well as Boneyards, Soundstages, and the actual working wardrobe and prop department for all of Disney World. (Despite popular idiocy, Studios still does alot of real work on the Backlot)

Seriously, you people astound me that Epcot makes any sense to you, but Studios is this crazy upsidedown world you don't understand.

It makes my soul face palm.

So, did the film about the Golden Age never exist, or is it the Golden Age of Hollywood itself that never existed?

EPCOT Explorer

The whole park is a Studio- (In the magical way Epcot's a Community, and that there are Magic and Animal Kingdoms.)

The Studios is the theme that ties all of Entertainment together. In a Studio, that's where the entertainment is created. Hollywood Blvd. and Sunset are the Main Street of the park, to get you into the spirit of what the park is about. The director statue is even clearly placed looking over the entire "shot" of this fictional Hollywood that they've created: As if you're the actors in a film about a Golden Age that never actually existed.

There are even VERY EXTREMELY CLEAR TRANSITIONS INTO the "Working Backlot" portion of the Studio. The Studio Arch on the right side, and the security gates on the right side of the park. Beyond those you'll find working departments such as the Animation Courtyard, Pixar Place (The Pixar Department at the Studios), the backlot sets such as Epic, Star Tours, Streets of America, Catastrophe Canyon, as well as Boneyards, Soundstages, and the actual working wardrobe and prop department for all of Disney World. (Despite popular idiocy, Studios still does alot of real work on the Backlot)

Seriously, you people astound me that Epcot makes any sense to you, but Studios is this crazy upsidedown world you don't understand.

It makes my soul face palm.
I just don't get how things like ST and IJSH can exist in the same land. :lol:

lebeau

Epcot seems crystal clear to me. Future World has strayed a little from its futuristic theme. But it's still mostly about man's achievements and scientific exploration. World Showcase is self-explanatory.

DHS is a studio so everything fits. Is a theme in which everything fits really a theme at all?

I get that it's all under the umbrella of entertainment. But if you look at a park map, it still feels like a random collection of stuff Disney has aquired the rights to with little discernable rhyme or reason to the placement.

SirGoofy

Epcot seems crystal clear to me. Future World has strayed a little from its futuristic theme. But it's still mostly about man's achievements and scientific exploration. World Showcase is self-explanatory.

DHS is a studio so everything fits. Is a theme in which everything fits really a theme at all?

I get that it's all under the umbrella of entertainment. But if you look at a park map, it still feels like a random collection of stuff Disney has aquired the rights to with little discernable rhyme or reason to the placement.

Believe me, there's structure there. If you're interested, take your time and look for it next time your there.:wave:

lebeau

Believe me, there's structure there. If you're interested, take your time and look for it next time your there.:wave:

I believe you. And I may look around with that in mind. But that's really besides the point. Every other park has more of a feeling of coherence. Even MK who's theme is "magic" or something all-inclusive like that, the lands are so well-defined that it works.

At first glance, DHS just feels like stuff Disney picked up at a licensing garage sale and plopped down wherever they had room.

If the structure that makes the theme make sense is so hidden that even Disney fanatics have to go out of there way to find it, the park is bound to come across as unstructured to the average tourist. (Most of whom won't care cause they just want to ride rides anyway.)

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
It's filled with Hollywood Landmarks. It is modern. Check out the Hollywood Tower Hotel billboard. It's old and dilapidated, showing you that you are indeed in "today".

An amalgamation of the past and present, as is found in all of the WDW parks.....

Ok, that one made my head hurt.......:)

LoriMistress

I love DHS. Yes, the park does need some TLC. But for some reason, DH and I always get some extra magic whenever we visit this park. I'm looking forward to the recent updates to the park. DH can't wait until the hat is long gone.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom