DHS-First to worst. Can I get an amen?

SirGoofy

Block Party Bash was in DCA before it moved to FL. DCA also has One Man's Dream and Playhouse Disney.

Right...but OMD and PD were at DHS first. TSMM was implemented at both at the same time. The only thing that you can say was "stolen" from DCA would be Block Party.

devoy1701

No, but it's getting something similar in the redo, I believe.

Well that would make sense...since the idea of the park is going to be Disney's California Adventure as in the man's life adventure once he got to Cali...

so i guess only parts of OMD would make sense then.... :shrug:

devoy1701

Too bad DCA will be completely redone and will have several new attractions that WDW won't have.

but it already has some attractions that WDW doesn't have and so does DL.

Why is it so horrible that some attractions are resort specific? We're lucky of some of the great attractions we have out here that some of the other resorts don't have!

LoriMistress

but it already has some attractions that WDW doesn't have and so does DL.

Why is it so horrible that some attractions are resort specific? We're lucky of some of the great attractions we have out here that some of the other resorts don't have!

I actually like the fact that they have different attractions for different resorts. It makes each park different, and more reason to visit each park.

sponono88

Right...but OMD and PD were at DHS first. TSMM was implemented at both at the same time. The only thing that you can say was "stolen" from DCA would be Block Party.

While this is true.. looking at the midway theme of TSMM it's easy to see what park it was originally designed for ;) not saying the ride was stolen, but i'm pretty sure the original ride concept was designed for DCA.

SirGoofy

While this is true.. looking at the midway theme of TSMM it's easy to see what park it was originally designed for ;) not saying the ride was stolen, but i'm pretty sure the original ride concept was designed for DCA.

Sure, but they opened at the same time!:p

Besides, WDW has a better queue.;)

*Runs from DL fan*

:lol:

sponono88

Sure, but they opened at the same time!:p

Besides, WDW has a better queue.;)

*Runs from DL fan*

:lol:

:lol: I wouldn't say it's better - it's just different and better suited for the park its in. The oversized toys would look out of place at DCA, just as much as the Victorian era-themed building would look out of place in DHS. I think DCA's queue is just fine - the outdoor loading area, the lights, the boardwalk barker, the music and atmosphere of the pier. Everything blends together beautifully.

SirGoofy

:lol: I wouldn't say it's better - it's just different and better suited for the park its in. The oversized toys would look out of place at DCA, just as much as the Victorian era-themed building would look out of place in DHS. I think DCA's queue is just fine - the outdoor loading area, the lights, the boardwalk barker, the music and atmosphere of the pier. Everything blends together beautifully.

I know, I was just messing with you.

I personally can't wait to finally get out to DCA and see all the sights and improvements!:)

perrych

Why my family LOVES DHS

Every trip we go to WDW, we go to two parks: Magic Kingdom and DHS. Why DHS?

*Excellent food. The Brown Derby is great. So is Prime Time Cafe. Some of our favorite in park restaurants.

* My son is 2 and LOVES Playhouse Disney. Pictures with characters, a show with ALL of his favorite shows - that is pure win!

* The easiest place to get a picture with Mickey. The line is very short (awesome for a kid with no patience) and the location is air conditioned.

*Star Wars. Enough said.

* Pixar Place. Can't wait to see how this develops over the years.

* The Muppets. Hopefully, they will do meet n' greets soon.

* Little surprises. Like the Snow Man next to the Christmas shop. Or the ever changing names in front of Chinese Theater.

* The crowds. It is rarely crowded in this park - except for special days, which we carefully avoid.

* Some of the best rides in all of the parks.

* Some of the best shows in all of the parks.

And these are just a few of the reasons.

EvilQueen-T

i have to say i like dhs but to me it's like a partial park. i think it needs more to do... things like toy story mania to help cover the younger kids but still appeal to the older crowd and a few more big rides for the older kids/adults and to alleviate the super lines of aerosmith and tower of terror. they have a great concept but don't seem to be doing anything with it. i hope in the future they at least use their disney shows like wizards of waverly place, hannah montana etc... or pixar, or their new marvel comics connection to develop more of a tv/movie experience but still add rides etc... not just all shows either.

rct247

What is the pond/lake area with the dinosaur supposed to be? I've always wondered (LeBrea sp? Tar Pits?) It takes up a lot of room and doesnt seem to be well themed to me and well taken care of (the dinosaur is rotting and the water was coca cola colored).

The Echo Lake area is based on Echo Park in Los Angeles, California and the reason the water is "coca cola colored" is because the real lake in the park is that color.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Echo_Park,_Los_Angeles,_California

In the park, it serves as a transition of downtown Hollywood into the backlot. Indiana Jones is very lush, similar to a park setting. It also serves as one of Mickey's ears in the giant hidden mickey the main plaza creates.

And now you know, and knowing is half the battle...

EvilQueen-T

lol...i'm a grandmother and love any ride at wdw. by older crowd i basically mean teenagers and all of us who are legal drinking age and/or then some. :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom