DHS-First to worst. Can I get an amen?

_Scar

Whoa, whoa, whoa. You may be right about Titanic not be forgotten, but you're dead wrong about Titanic being Cameron's most remembered film. Avatar will change movies forever. That form of motion capture opens up so many opportunities for films.

We'll see... I doubt it though. Titanic captured the audiences without the constant special effects and 3D. :shrug:

I liked Avatar- but mainly for the special effects and decent Pocahontas retelling. :lol::lookaroun

Can't they just call the place "Disney's Hollywood Theme Park"? That seems to sum up it's theme and content while cutting all ties of begin an actual studio.

Man, if that were the case then we'd have to change Epcot's name too....

EPCOT Explorer

They already did that, but for all the wrong reasons. :zipit:
People always say DHS is a thematic mess...but then can't explain why.:shrug::lol:

I can. :lol:

It's because it's so different from the other parks- No specific "LANDS" like in MK, EC, or DAK. Everything is everywhere, and often clashing. But apparently, that's how it's supposed to be. It's growing on me. :shrug:

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
We'll see... I doubt it though. Titanic captured the audiences without the constant special effects and 3D. :shrug:

I liked Avatar- but mainly for the special effects and decent Pocahontas retelling. :lol::lookaroun

Not to mention it captured the Academy Awards as well....

_Scar

DHS has such an odd shape and the whole backlot area is very confusing to navigate around.

(this one is easier to argue) :p

Studios Fan

DHS has such an odd shape and the whole backlot area is very confusing to navigate around.

(this one is easier to argue) :p

The reason it has an odd shape is because of how the park was when it started. It was never meant originally to be an all day park. Unfortunately the park does not have the area of land to build around as for example Epcot does. I think as the park expands and the backstage areas are lessened that they will be able to make it better. There are dead ends in some places but virtually every park has dead ends.

Tori

i haven't been to wdw in like forever. did they get rid of the who wants to be a millionaire ride? or that one where you ride through like a history of movies and stuff? those rides were great! hopefully they didn't get rid of them because that would be a shame!

Who Wants To Be A Millionaire was replaced with Toy Story Midway Mania. If you're talking about the Great Movie Ride, yes it's still there.

armyfamilyof5

We are not huge fans of DHS, it has little to offer and what is there is difficult to enjoy, Fantasmic and TSM are two examples. We never got to ride TSM on 3 different trips because FP was all gone (this was early in the day too) and the wait was 90+ minutes:cry:. Trip 4 we decided to arrive before opening and get FP and ride once early. No kidding, as soon as they allowed people in they were RUNNING:mad:, a man pushing a stroller ran over my 7 year old and told her to get the F (he used the entire word) out of the way:eek: Our teen had the park tickets and went to the fast pass machine first, then we all got in line together, we saw that guy standing in a LONG line waiting for FP's as we were leaving from the ride, he looked very unhappy, I think the "your entire party must enter the queue together" sign thawrted his plans :drevil: We plan on trying this same tactic to ride our next trip in 27 days!:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy: Pray for us not to get too beat up :ROFLOL:.

WDW_Emily

DHS currently has no theme it is inbetween th HW theme and a generic DIsney theme. Most likley you will see Pixar Studios expanded to a great extent and one day the creation of MArvel studios.

I agree yes MGM was great and had a great theme it is very sad to see what the park has become. On the other hand once it establishes it self the park has a very bright future.

I completely agree with you on this. I still enjoy going to DHS don't get me wrong but it does need some work. I think if Disney adds more to Pixar place(such as the Monsters INC Ride) and takes out pointless things (Such as the narnia thing, and sounds dangerous.) I also think they should add a nice character meal there maybe with like a director mickey and the dinning area could be filled with classic mickey pictures and original art work by walt himself. I'm not giving up on this back I still think It will make a comeback someday.

lebeau

One more thing: No future attractions should use the whole "we're filming a movie" bit. We all know they don't film anything there any more. Nobody really bought this bit when there was a studio there. But now, it's just annoying.

I wish they'd do more with the Hollywood that Never Was theme. That's the stuff I like.

EpcotServo

The whole park is a Studio- (In the magical way Epcot's a Community, and that there are Magic and Animal Kingdoms.)

The Studios is the theme that ties all of Entertainment together. In a Studio, that's where the entertainment is created. Hollywood Blvd. and Sunset are the Main Street of the park, to get you into the spirit of what the park is about. The director statue is even clearly placed looking over the entire "shot" of this fictional Hollywood that they've created: As if you're the actors in a film about a Golden Age that never actually existed.

There are even VERY EXTREMELY CLEAR TRANSITIONS INTO the "Working Backlot" portion of the Studio. The Studio Arch on the right side, and the security gates on the right side of the park. Beyond those you'll find working departments such as the Animation Courtyard, Pixar Place (The Pixar Department at the Studios), the backlot sets such as Epic, Star Tours, Streets of America, Catastrophe Canyon, as well as Boneyards, Soundstages, and the actual working wardrobe and prop department for all of Disney World. (Despite popular idiocy, Studios still does alot of real work on the Backlot)

Seriously, you people astound me that Epcot makes any sense to you, but Studios is this crazy upsidedown world you don't understand.

It makes my soul face palm.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom