DHS CARS LAND

ctxak98

I personally feel that DHS doesnt need the WHOLE carsland. I think they should focus on the land of "Pixar Place" and Have a little bit of everything if they want to do it that way. A whole land dedicated to cars and then a little bit of monsters inc and toy story would seem off to me. They should have Toy story mania, Monsters Inc coaster, Radiator springs racers....and eventually PLEASE an incredibles ride....why they havent used this yet is beyond me!

Turtle

Personally, I'd be fine with either.

What I prefer? Carsland is awesome in its entirety, so I'm cool with it going into DHS. But I'd like to see Carsland and at least some other Pixar properties -- even if it's just smaller attractions. I just don't know how much room there is in the area.

Which begs the question (I'm sure we'll learn soon enough): how much space will Carsland take up? Would it use all of LMA and the Backlot? Or will there be space left from the former backlot for other attractions from other Pixar movies?
I would LOVE to see the animation courtyard and part of backlot become Disney Studios home to the new Jack Sparrow, a TRON Coaster, and an OZ attraction

HMF

The best I can find...

Carsland is NOT greenlit. But it is very close. And probably will happen.
The Coaster should be part of the project too, but is not yet Green.
Indy EMV is a no go. The stunt show is staying.
Will it be literally Cars Land or a Pixar Place Expansion?

Turtle

Will it be literally Cars Land or a Pixar Place Expansion?
Hopefully Pixar Place expansion with a RSR. Makes no sense to have 2 Pixar-themed Lands (Pixar Place and Carsland). But it would make sense to have RSR and the curios shop in the Pixar Place

doctornick

If they add Carsland they will have to add more to the park. The park doesn't have enough to do to sustain all the people that would start visiting it due to Carsland.

Well, it would probably help attendence, but not have anything like the impact at DCA. Still, if you take out LMA and the Backlot Tour and add 3 Carsland rides plus the Monsters Inc coaster, you aren't really adding that much capacity I don't think. IOW, line at TSMM will still be terrible.

They still would need some all ages rides in a big way -- I don't think Mater's and whatever they come up with to replace Luigi's would help that much. I know it's not sexy, but they need to add something for the younger set to do.

Cosmic Commando

As much as I want DHS to get stuff, I hope this isn't their entire expansion plan. You'd subtract Indy Stunt Show, LMA, and Backlot, three things without height restrictions and the only thing you'd gain without a height restriction would probably be a flat ride, Mater's. DHS needs more stuff without height requirements, not less. We went @ 8 for morning EMH before either of my kids were 40". We did Toy Story, and then... well... what else do you do? Even the HISTK playground wasn't open. There needs to be more worthwhile stuff for all ages.

doctornick

As much as I want DHS to get stuff, I hope this isn't their entire expansion plan. You'd subtract Indy Stunt Show, LMA, and Backlot, three things without height restrictions and the only thing you'd gain without a height restriction would probably be a flat ride, Mater's. DHS needs more stuff without height requirements, not less. We went @ 8 for morning EMH before either of my kids were 40". We did Toy Story, and then... well... what else do you do? Even the HISTK playground wasn't open. There needs to be more worthwhile stuff for all ages.

Technically, even Mater's (and Luigi's) has a height restriction of 32". Okay, that's not that limiting, but a really young child can't ride it. So, I think it only strengthens your point. It would be nice if this expansion would include multiple rides accessible to young children -- even something like Flik's Fliers or Slinky Dog Spin. I've suggested before that it would be awesome to see Monsters Inc Ride and Seek in Soundstage 1 instead of the Door Coaster -- sure a unique ride would be great, but that ride gets good reviews and is more of what is needed at DHS.

I guess at some point, the Little Mermaid show would be replaced by something new, so that would be something, though it wouldn't be increasing the total count.

Can anyone describe where expansion pads exist in DHS? It seems to be pretty closed in when I look at overheads (which seems like poor planning on TDO's part). People have mentioned the plot behind the Indy stunt show (near the entrance). Seems like there's some parking next to RNR that could be used. There's space behind the Backlot Tour, I think, so I hope that whatever they end up putting there doesn't "close off" the perimeter for future expansion.

spacemt354

Chili's

I know this is all fluid but I'm confused. I thought the Indy Stunt Show was staying for the time being? I mean I would love for an Indy ride to come like the one in TDS or DL, but I thought that was off the table.

And I agree with you that, as will all Disney parks, there should be a balance of all-inclusive rides and rides with height restrictions. I wouldn't want DHS to turn into just a "thrill" park. That's not how Walt Disney intended his parks to be. Great Movie Ride and Toy Story were the two attractions open when we went for morning EMH that didn't have a height restriction, which is kinda low compared to the other 3 parks. With that said though, I feel that a height restriction of 40" or below doesn't really affect a majority of the younger population. I was 4 when I turned 40". Before that, most of the rides I basically slept through (Spaceship Earth was my favorite snooze station) I understand the sentimental family values of taking young children on attractions, but I think classics like PoTC, Haunted Mansion, Dumbo, Peter Pan etc are the attractions families will always go to first anyway even if they add more all-inclusive rides to DHS. Like today, if you had to pick between riding Dumbo and riding Tricerotop's Spin, I would venture to guess Dumbo would be chosen every time for its charm and reputation.

But again, that doesn't mean that DHS should turn into a thrill park where 75% of the attractions have a tall height restriction. While the inclusion of Cars land and a Monster's Inc Coaster will add attractions with height restrictions, it's not like these height restrictions are 48" or 54". At 40", especially with the Pixar themes, I feel a lot of kids will be able to enjoy the attractions and understand what's going on. I'm sure these additions will bring more meet and greets too, so even the younger ones that maybe can't ride RSR, will still be able to meet their favorite characters. Also changing HISTK to A Bug Life theme would make so much sense if this Pixar expansion plan goes through, So I would hope they do that to fully envelop 4 pixar film franchises into one land.

And just a side note: Although these are not technically ride-based attractions, shows like Little Mermaid, BatB, Disney Junior, Muppet Vision 3D, are for all ages. Although they aren't rides, they still are attractions that on top of Toy Story and the Great Movie Ride, give families with young ones something to do.

Cosmic Commando

Technically, even Mater's (and Luigi's) has a height restriction of 32".
I've never seen a height restriction published for Mater's. Have you ridden it? And Luigi's probably wouldn't be making the trip East, let's be honest.
I know this is all fluid but I'm confused. I thought the Indy Stunt Show was staying for the time being? I mean I would love for an Indy ride to come like the one in TDS or DL, but I thought that was off the table.

And I agree with you that, as will all Disney parks, there should be a balance of all-inclusive rides and rides with height restrictions. I wouldn't want DHS to turn into just a "thrill" park. That's not how Walt Disney intended his parks to be. Great Movie Ride and Toy Story were the two attractions open when we went for morning EMH that didn't have a height restriction, which is kinda low compared to the other 3 parks. With that said though, I feel that a height restriction of 40" or below doesn't really affect a majority of the younger population. I was 4 when I turned 40". Before that, most of the rides I basically slept through (Spaceship Earth was my favorite snooze station) I understand the sentimental family values of taking young children on attractions, but I think classics like PoTC, Haunted Mansion, Dumbo, Peter Pan etc are the attractions families will always go to first anyway even if they add more all-inclusive rides to DHS. Like today, if you had to pick between riding Dumbo and riding Tricerotop's Spin, I would venture to guess Dumbo would be chosen every time for its charm and reputation.

But again, that doesn't mean that DHS should turn into a thrill park where 75% of the attractions have a tall height restriction. While the inclusion of Cars land and a Monster's Inc Coaster will add attractions with height restrictions, it's not like these height restrictions are 48" or 54". At 40", especially with the Pixar themes, I feel a lot of kids will be able to enjoy the attractions and understand what's going on. I'm sure these additions will bring more meet and greets too, so even the younger ones that maybe can't ride RSR, will still be able to meet their favorite characters. Also changing HISTK to A Bug Life theme would make so much sense if this Pixar expansion plan goes through, So I would hope they do that to fully envelop 4 pixar film franchises into one land.

And just a side note: Although these are not technically ride-based attractions, shows like Little Mermaid, BatB, Disney Junior, Muppet Vision 3D, are for all ages. Although they aren't rides, they still are attractions that on top of Toy Story and the Great Movie Ride, give families with young ones something to do.
40" is not all that bad... my son got to 40" around 4.5 and my daughter is at 39.5" at 3.5. If the family has one person that can't ride, though, then you're still splitting everyone up and it becomes a big hassle. It affects more people than just the ones under 40". My gripe about it is really two-fold, I think: 1. We know the beloved kind of rides that Disney can create without height restrictions. 2. There is so little to do at that park, so the thought of having to rip out everything to get new stuff rubs me the wrong way! I made a post in the Spirited thread with the numbers of attractions of each US park's map. DHS has 18, the lowest of any domestic Disney park, and that includes the former Sounds Dangerous theater.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom