DHS CARS LAND

Turtle

So, Carsland is greenlit, but what about the Monsters Inc coaster (I know it's mentioned in the article, but with no specific details)? Or anything else in Pixar Place?

Still a lot of details to come....
I know i've stated this a lot, but do you think that a full pixarland (TSMM, Radiator Springs Racers, Ratatouille Dark Ride, Monsters Inc Coaster) makes more sense than a full Carsland?

doctornick

I know i've stated this a lot, but do you think that a full pixarland (TSMM, Radiator Springs Racers, Ratatouille Dark Ride, Monsters Inc Coaster) makes more sense than a full Carsland?

Personally, I'd be fine with either.

What I prefer? Carsland is awesome in its entirety, so I'm cool with it going into DHS. But I'd like to see Carsland and at least some other Pixar properties -- even if it's just smaller attractions. I just don't know how much room there is in the area.

Which begs the question (I'm sure we'll learn soon enough): how much space will Carsland take up? Would it use all of LMA and the Backlot? Or will there be space left from the former backlot for other attractions from other Pixar movies?

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I don't want Cars Land at DHS, and that is a very lazy way for Disney to handle the issues at DHS. Cars, the first movie, is a very California/west coast adventure. It's a perfect fit for California Adventure, and a unique draw for people. Copying it at HS is just a bad idea. I'm sure I'll love what the Imagineers do with it, that's not my point. My point is that it would be nice to see them farm a new idea (like toon town, or star wars land, or mupprt studios), as opposed to replicating other parks.

I want Cars Land to be part of the excuse as to why I should go to DL instead of WDW one year, just like Harry Potter was the excuse for me to self justify the coat of doing a few days at Universal.

RSoxNo1

Just to clarify, in the event the article was unclear. The Avatar content, the Monster's Inc Coaster content, and the Indy Content are more or less all taken from discussions on this board and are very fluid. They are things that are being considered, but their current status seems unclear.

The report is that Carsland has been greenlit.

Ignohippo

Just to clarify, in the event the article was unclear. The Avatar content, the Monster's Inc Coaster content, and the Indy Content are more or less all taken from discussions on this board and are very fluid. They are things that are being considered, but their current status seems unclear.

The report is that Carsland has been greenlit.

You never would have put yourself out there if you weren't sure. So who's your source. Huh? Huh? And why are they not squeeling like little pigs here on the boards?

I'm ecstatic about this. I'm not sure it's the best thing for the Disney Parks, but I'm still very excited.

doctornick

So, if it's greenlight, an interesting question is how a DHS Carsland would differ from the DCA one. I'm sure that the article is correct that LFT will not come east given the generally poor reviews the ride has gotten (plus capacity issues). Would it be replaced by a different ride? Or would Luigi's become food (Italian restaurant?) or merchandise? Would some of the other places get switched around -- maybe Sarge's Surplus Hut could be redone as an off-road ride, for example, since they wouldn't have plans for Ridemakerz there.

I'm also curious to see if they bring over all of the specialty drinks, considering they are re-using the one for Gaston's.

Ignohippo

Agreed. Personally, I think CarsLand is a perfect thing to sell DCA and, even though I want to see it more than anything, it would be best for the Disney Parks if it were to stay exclusive to DCA.

In my world, the perfect DHS would have:
- an expanded Pixar Place (Monsters Inc coaster, Bugs Life playground, Incredibles 3d dark ride, Cars attraction (drive yourself, like Indy Speedway)
- a Lucasland
- ToonTown

Unfortunately, it's 100% clear that CarsLand was always intended to be built at DHS. The layout literally fits perfectly (even the street lines up) when you place a satellite pic of CarsLand onto the backlot of DHS. I'm sure that was the only way it was able to get greenlit in the first place.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Personally, I'd be fine with either.

What I prefer? Carsland is awesome in its entirety, so I'm cool with it going into DHS. But I'd like to see Carsland and at least some other Pixar properties -- even if it's just smaller attractions. I just don't know how much room there is in the area.

Which begs the question (I'm sure we'll learn soon enough): how much space will Carsland take up? Would it use all of LMA and the Backlot? Or will there be space left from the former backlot for other attractions from other Pixar movies?

In the first few pages of this thread there are some aerial views people put together to show how Carsland would fit in DCA. If they build the whole thing it appears it would take out LMA and the Backlot.

doctornick

In the first few pages of this thread there are some aerial views people put together to show how Carsland would fit in DCA. If they build the whole thing it appears it would take out LMA and the Backlot.

Well, I realize we'd lose both of those attractions to build a full Carsland. My question is, would any additional space remain that could accommodate other attractions?

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Well, I realize we'd lose both of those attractions to build a full Carsland. My question is, would any additional space remain that could accommodate other attractions?
see page three for my scaled overlay of Carsland over DHS to get a better idea of how this fits.

It would all depend upon what else they decided to repurpose.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom