DHS CARS LAND

afar28

Nope. Just like Harry Potter and Star Wars ... and, hell, Snow White, no one will have any interest at all.
Snow White was a classic, Harry Potter is the highest grossing movie series of all time and Star Wars is one of the top 10 highest grossing movie franchises of all time. Also I never said it wouldn't be relevant.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I might be a bit paranoid. I was on the phone with a co-worker when he received a text that Orlando Cars Land info had been leaked and an investigation was pending. I only posted 30 minutes prior to that. Is it possible that they work that fast?
I just Googled this and found almost EVERY Disney fan site has a thread about this....most dating back to the first of this month!

WDW1974

I might be a bit paranoid. I was on the phone with a co-worker when he received a text that Orlando Cars Land info had been leaked and an investigation was pending. I only posted 30 minutes prior to that. Is it possible that they work that fast?

I dunno. I heard about this a month ago. And posted soon after (albeit with no specific mention of LMA, which seems to be a sore spot for the company).

Al Lutz sorta hinted at it as well, but in much less detail than what I put out. After I did, everyone started picking it up and some embellished as they went along.

But Disney can be very fast. I've heard there's more artwork for Poly and EPCOT DVCs floating around than Avatarland and that Disney has warned many folks that not one piece better hit the fan community until GF is open and on its way to selling out.

maxairmike

Again, I don't know what Lightbulb said/heard/is party to, but my peeps were pretty specific that TDO wasn't interested in Carsland, they just wanted the biggest piece and a shop. So, I guess we'll see ... hey, maybe we should ask Blondie on the Blog what the real scoop is?:D

I was afraid of that...although it isn't surprising. Their efforts to drive attendance to the show lately haven't been as successful as they hoped from what I've heard/seen. I'm really surprised they kept an earlier show as the later one seemed to be pulling fine. I personally enjoy the show, even though I am not usually in the park early enough to see it. If it does leave (which I've heard that it will bite the dust as well) I won't be sad to see it go, per se, but as long as the replacement is exciting I'll be happy.

Scuttle

I think your fine. There's been so much carsland talk recently. Unless it was decided today to be greenlit your fine.

jt04

The rockwork and forced perspective already used in DCA are absolutely paramount to the land succeeding so well and being so incredibly immersive.

Only someone who has experienced Cars Land virtually, rather than in person, would say otherwise.

You do realize looking at photos and video aren't quite the same as experiencing something in person, right? If they were, the travel industry would have collapsed with the advent of the internet.

I was one of the first people on this forum to declare how amazed guests' would be by the new Carsland. I can read specs and get a very good idea of what it will be like. I didn't even need the concept art. Basically this was Everest on steroids so it was not difficult to imagine it. I am sure that if you had to physically see a project to conceptualize it Imagineering would not exist. (It is silly to declare otherwise). But of course Imagineering does exist because some people have the ability to conceptualize in great detail. Call it a gift.

I am not sure what a Carsland would look like at DHS because I have not heard any of the conceptual ideas. It is possible details are still being worked. But mark my words, there is no way on earth they are cloning the rockwork at DCA. Whatever they do it will be nothing like the scope of the DCA version. If they announce that I will quit these boards. And your post and others like it, once again, underestimates just what WDI is capable of. Look at how different the exteriors of the LM attractions are.

All based on the assumption the rumor is true.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom